ButtPirate

It is a PIRATE GAME

I watched the live stream the devs said the game is a pirate fantasy game. so that discussion is closed.

2 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

I watched the live stream the devs said the game is a pirate fantasy game. so that discussion is closed.

I could have sworn they said pirate ark.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Polar Express said:

I want airships. 

Wait for it they´re already in the Banner of this Website!

Edited by Jorm
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Badkebab said:

Also note that fantasy is not the same as science fiction 

very good point , very good indeed 

13 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

It is not a pirate game. You were lied to. Discussion closed.

10 hours ago, Badkebab said:

Also note that fantasy is not the same as science fiction 

Not true all the time.  Science fiction can have fantasy elements in the story, and Fantasy can have science fiction elements.  In other words, you can have some serious tech items in a fantasy story, so long as it is a smaller aspect of the lore.  If it is a the focus of the story, with much less fantasy elements, then no, it would be a science fiction story, with fantasy elements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Not true all the time.  Science fiction can have fantasy elements in the story, and Fantasy can have science fiction elements.  In other words, you can have some serious tech items in a fantasy story, so long as it is a smaller aspect of the lore.  If it is a the focus of the story, with much less fantasy elements, then no, it would be a science fiction story, with fantasy elements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fantasy

• Thanks 1

Lol who cares what sort of game it is. Play atlas for what it is. If you don’t like parts of it that’s okay, it shouldn’t ruin your day though. The devs are making the game. Not us. We just test it.

• Like 1

What’s planned for the state of Piracy as an action?

We know this is a question that has been raised a lot, and especially recently with this update’s reveal of content that may not be as pirate focused as some would like. We are interested in how these various pieces of content play out and it’s important to state that what is in the current game may not be in the ultimate game. This means we’re going to try different things and experiment a lot, especially throughout early access. Over the weeks and months ahead, the game will continue to evolve as we sail towards our goal of making the most fun pirate fantasy game, as opposed to the most realistic pirate game. On that note, this upcoming mega patch does introduce a fair bit of content related to seafaring and the pirate playstyle, and we’ll continue to look into ways we can further establish this via new multidimensional gameplay mechanics as well as rebalancing and tweaking existing systems. 

Its ARK 2.0 stop lying guys! Really....

1 minute ago, UnknownSystemError said:

What’s planned for the state of Piracy as an action?

We know this is a question that has been raised a lot, and especially recently with this update’s reveal of content that may not be as pirate focused as some would like. We are interested in how these various pieces of content play out and it’s important to state that what is in the current game may not be in the ultimate game. This means we’re going to try different things and experiment a lot, especially throughout early access. Over the weeks and months ahead, the game will continue to evolve as we sail towards our goal of making the most fun pirate fantasy game, as opposed to the most realistic pirate game. On that note, this upcoming mega patch does introduce a fair bit of content related to seafaring and the pirate playstyle, and we’ll continue to look into ways we can further establish this via new multidimensional gameplay mechanics as well as rebalancing and tweaking existing systems. 

You think they read the reddit posts hating the content? and no pirate type game play left soon?

8 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Its ARK 2.0 stop lying guys! Really....

You think they read the reddit posts hating the content? and no pirate type game play left soon?

Nah, I think they made an Ark dlc, realized since they were not going to make any money off the Ark crowd since they owed all the season pass holders another dlc, sat around and realized they could sell it to the clueless brah in the office. He bought it and went for the cash grab. You watch the livestream and can watch JAT and the the other guy nervously laughing at the CEOs jokes while the clueless twit envisions all the scratch he is going to make from a console release. Has no idea what his own developers are doing. It will keep going until the bubble bursts and he realizes the money trickle has dried up.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Nah, I think they made an Ark dlc, realized since they were not going to make any money off the Ark crowd since they owed all the season pass holders another dlc, sat around and realized they could sell it to the clueless brah in the office. He bought it and went for the cash grab. You watch the livestream and can watch JAT and the the other guy nervously laughing at the CEOs jokes while the clueless twit envisions all the scratch he is going to make from a console release. Has no idea what his own developers are doing. It will keep going until the bubble bursts and he realizes the money trickle has dried up.

To tell you the truth I noticed that behavior as well. Never trust Jesse and especially don’t trust Jeremy. Total ego maniacs driven by money and that is that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Realist said:

Wish I could play this game so bad!!! then one of my post might be relevant.

FIXED.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polar Express said:

Hey realist. Xbox will become a REALITY for you at last. Enjoy brother. The water’s fine my dude.

I have to see for myself. Man, pretty soon a lot of these guys won’t have anything to talk about with me playing the game 😂.

on a good note, I will be on here A LOT more when it does come out on console. I definitely have my expectations of what I want the game to be and will do what I can to help that process along.

not too keen on the airship but there definitely needs to be some permanent flier tames. As well as better fast travel options.

• Like 1

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

- Arthur C. Clarke

Corollary:

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced

- Gehm's Corollary

Edited by Andargor

OK guys, use some logic for a change.  You don't actually have to play a game to comment on it.  YouTube with the aid of content creators, allows you to experience the game without actually playing it.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2019 at 11:18 PM, Realist said:

I have to see for myself. Man, pretty soon a lot of these guys won’t have anything to talk about with me playing the game 😂.

on a good note, I will be on here A LOT more when it does come out on console. I definitely have my expectations of what I want the game to be and will do what I can to help that process along.

not too keen on the airship but there definitely needs to be some permanent flier tames. As well as better fast travel options.

Lol look forward to playing atlas with you man. It’s been a long time in the making. I think you will enjoy it. Also AIRSHIPS, MINIGUNS, HOMING MISSILES! It’s gonna be dope dude! Lol jk

4 hours ago, Polar Express said:

Lol look forward to playing atlas with you man. It’s been a long time in the making. I think you will enjoy it. Also AIRSHIPS, MINIGUNS, HOMING MISSILES! It’s gonna be dope dude! Lol jk

Do you have Xbox? 

Yeah dude, we can play on xbox when it’s out. I’m enjoying atlas on pc and I’ll probs get it on Xbox aswell when it comes out. I did the same with ark. Dayz Xbox was a flop imho. But I still got it to give it a go. I’m open to trying atlas on console. It should be pretty good.