Mr Putts

Enough with the GD Tames

Can we please stop with the tames. Make more boats in your ocean game. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mr Putts said:

Not an ocean game. It’s pirate ark 

20 hours ago, Mr Putts said:

Tames do need a nerf. So do golden age islands - that shit is fucked OP.

Probably get rid of their inherent like 80% damage reduction they got now, add more saddle types - regular saddle, combat saddle (25% armour), cargo saddle (0% armour) etc.

Right now it feels OP blowing through alpha/non alpha animals all over everything not a golden age with a mid leveled bear.

If people do this, since people will blow through tames way more, probably a good idea to make taming/breeding a bit easier.

Also buff ship defenses and puckles and shit.

• Thanks 1

well I like the tames its like a staple for wildcard/grapeshot and I don't feel like hitting rocks and trees for 2 hours if you don't like go play sea of thieves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

well I like the tames its like a staple for wildcard/grapeshot and I don't feel like hitting rocks and trees for 2 hours if you don't like go play sea of thieves.

You talk as if they couldn't think of another way to do it. 

Like sorry it is pretty dumb to think without tames there would be no ways to increase resource gathering.

Tools and Machines come to mind for me.

Like WheelBarrows for carrying weight or the cargo cart actually getting the cargo ability.

There is 0 reason we should have 2 new tames (Crab and a fucking turtle tank) before we get a new ship type

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2019 at 2:29 AM, Mr Putts said:

If you dont like tames, go and play sea of thieves. Tames are great for harvesting. 

1 minute ago, Opa Deluca said:

If you dont like tames, go and play sea of thieves. Tames are great for harvesting. 

There are other ways and shame on you for wanting Ark 2 just for harvesting

15 minutes ago, Mr Putts said:

There are other ways and shame on you for wanting Ark 2 just for harvesting

Not just for harvesting but for raiding as well. What they really need is fliers on here. Gryphons would be a good addition.

i was pretty disappointed to see they only are only adding 2 tames this update. They usually add around 5. Hopefully by the time of console release there will be at least 10 new tames. Variety is always good. 

By the time airships get added they will probably add some fliers as well

Look, I'm indifferent about tames for gathering.

It's the combat tames that are ridiculous. 

Crab is offender #1 - that has to be nerfed into the ground.
Every other type of combat tame needs to be way less tanky.

3 minutes ago, Dulu said:

Look, I'm indifferent about tames for gathering.

It's the combat tames that are ridiculous. 

Crab is offender #1 - that has to be nerfed into the ground.
Every other type of combat tame needs to be way less tanky.

Well if they bring back the giga then you won’t have to worry about the crab anymore. Perfect counter for the crab. That or the griphon would be even better since it is a flier 

Edited by Realist

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Well if they bring back the giga then you won’t have to worry about the crab anymore. Perfect counter for the crab. That or the griphon would be even better since it is a flier 

How about some ships?

On 5/4/2019 at 1:29 AM, Mr Putts said:

i have to agree , devs can we get more ship stuff and stop with the tames , a water tame that gives water and a swimming thing , really? u could have given us a  mini sub oh wait its locked behind kraken so u give us poor mans diving tame ?..we dont want more tame we want more ships related things or is it too much work ? 

as it is u broke the wild animals i havnt needed an offensive weapon when out and and about at all since u nerfed the crap out of everything , i dont even carry a bow , ....then u go add more animals that take up even more spawn slots , are u trying to make your own version  of hello kitty island ?

Edited by UDO

1 hour ago, Dulu said:

How about some ships?

Hey I am totally with you Dulu. I just love having tames. I never once said they shouldn’t make more types of ships. If fact that would be an awesome idea. They need a lot more variety with everything.

having said that I am very tame intensive though and I will always continue to push for more tames. It isn’t even just because of ark either. Had a blast with Conan exiles and the tames didn’t even gather for me. Had my greater saber tooth with me at all times no matter what everyday. Upon console release I will be launching my own mass tame initiative. I will most likely get a lot of the console players to come on here and join in as well. It will be a nice change to have the “complainers about complainers” drowned out. It is time for change 👍

but yes, I also wanted another fast travel option available in the form of a boat. They need a speed boat for very fast traveling across grids. And no I don’t want it to be offensive. I don’t even care if it has any defenses or offense whatsoever. It can be a sitting duck for all I care but I want it to be really fast.

i am very much looking forward to changing the state of the game and I will do everything I can to do so.

Edited by Realist

3 hours ago, Realist said:

Hey I am totally with you Dulu. I just love having tames. I never once said they shouldn’t make more types of ships. If fact that would be an awesome idea. They need a lot more variety with everything.

having said that I am very tame intensive though and I will always continue to push for more tames. It isn’t even just because of ark either. Had a blast with Conan exiles and the tames didn’t even gather for me. Had my greater saber tooth with me at all times no matter what everyday. Upon console release I will be launching my own mass tame initiative. I will most likely get a lot of the console players to come on here and join in as well. It will be a nice change to have the “complainers about complainers” drowned out. It is time for change 👍

but yes, I also wanted another fast travel option available in the form of a boat. They need a speed boat for very fast traveling across grids. And no I don’t want it to be offensive. I don’t even care if it has any defenses or offense whatsoever. It can be a sitting duck for all I care but I want it to be really fast.

i am very much looking forward to changing the state of the game and I will do everything I can to do so.

Then go back too ark there is a game that has everything you want, so no need to be frustrated in Atlas. feel Free to leave if you think the game is bad

35 minutes ago, Efariam said:

Then go back too ark there is a game that has everything you want, so no need to be frustrated in Atlas. feel Free to leave if you think the game is bad

😂 I don’t play the game. I am waiting for console release. Not frustration here. 

I am just making sure the game reaches its maximum potential and I can already tell your vision is why the game is failing so bad.

the time for change is coming. You can feel free to leave if you would like too.

this will also be a game that has what I want 👍

Edited by Realist

@realist cant wait to hear your opinion once its out on xbox, im sure youll be pleasantly surprised, its really great 🙂

15 minutes ago, Remo said:

@realist cant wait to hear your opinion once its out on xbox, im sure youll be pleasantly surprised, its really great 🙂

I am sure I will like it as well. There are definitely some changes I want to be done though and I will do my best to make sure they happen.

36 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Here is the next tame coming to atlas soon! TM

5jXfPMnzyKBdODuAHBWFSzl72eJkfbmt4t8yenIm

I think a mosa would be better but a plesi did have some benefits to it.

it is an ocean game after all. Some water tames would be awesome, especially since they never gave ark the water world everybody wanted 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Realist said:

I think a mosa would be better but a plesi did have some benefits to it.

it is an ocean game after all. Some water tames would be awesome, especially since they never gave ark the water world everybody wanted 

Dude, i want to just re engineer this game and make a complete ship game.... everyday i say to myself... damn what would atlas be like if we had 8 - 10 different ships of the times, tech trees related to the times, and outposts that resemled some of the past ports we had. How much would the game be cool.

Yet we get taming fishes...

Its a shame really it is. Someone, OH maybe shoot the idea across to the rust guys?? oh damn good idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

Dude, i want to just re engineer this game and make a complete ship game.... everyday i say to myself... damn what would atlas be like if we had 8 - 10 different ships of the times, tech trees related to the times, and outposts that resemled some of the past ports we had. How much would the game be cool.

Its a shame really it is. Someone, OH maybe shoot the idea across to the rust guys?? oh damn good idea.

To be honest it really isn’t the tames that ruins it. It is going to be all the tek/sci-fi/futuristic fantasy crap that is really going to make it nose dive. Total shame too. I was really hoping they would drop the tek crap with this game.

but yeah they need to focus more on different ships and the player shops instead of the ridiculous submarine and stupid torpedos. Smh

it isnt going to be a pirate game for long man. The minute those airships release it will basically be ark except everyone has the desert titan 😂

5 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

There should be as many ships in atlas as there are tames in ark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I have no problem with tames, it’s what some people are Into. Good for them! Variety and free Will is what makes games like this amazing! 

But the OP is spot on with regards to ships!!

given the nature of the game, ships and sailing in general have had very little love from the devs!! This needs to change as much of the game was sold on that premise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Putts said:

There should be as many ships in atlas as there are tames in ark

Are there even that many ships out there? Lol not making fun or anything but there are A LOT of tames in ark. 

They might have to make some pool floaties, paddle boards, and yachts to make that happen. I am cool with starting a yacht club btw(yes that was serious)

On 5/5/2019 at 2:46 PM, Mr Putts said:

You talk as if they couldn't think of another way to do it. 

Like sorry it is pretty dumb to think without tames there would be no ways to increase resource gathering.

Tools and Machines come to mind for me.

Like WheelBarrows for carrying weight or the cargo cart actually getting the cargo ability.

There is 0 reason we should have 2 new tames (Crab and a fucking turtle tank) before we get a new ship type

Umm.. tames ARE your wheelbarrows and machines.. only better.  My wheelbarrow won't defend me if I get mugged.

Nothing beats a rock climbing giraffe tho.

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1