Sign in to follow this  
Elric Melnibone

Petition to not have Torpedoes added to the game

Should Torpedoes be added to the game?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should Torpedoes be added to the game?

• No!
    • Yes!
    • I don't care?

Title says it all sign this if you DO NOT WANT Torpedoes and other game breaking "Technology" added to game!

Edited by Elric Melnibone
  • Like 2

You should add a poll. Maybe then it will get traction. From what I saw, 3x the range of large cannons, meaning, no counter for defenses in harbors. Dumb dumb dumb.

Edited by Master_Pain

16 minutes ago, Elric Melnibone said:

Title says it all sign this if you DO NOT WANT Torpedoes and other game breaking "Technology" added to game!

Yeah anthing tek is just ark so they are really just being one trick ponies at this point 

Any more crap like this is gonna destroy the little player base they have left. Why are they adding unrealistic stuff like this when they could be adding more ship types.

Yeah rather have submarines eat your ship where u cant Hit them^^

even from a gameplay perspective the torpedo as shown has only one purpose, to easily sink anchored ships from a long distance.
not quiet sure if this is what the game needs or will drive players away.

guess in the future we will be traveling the seas inside a land-whale we can store inside a land base as only option as ships just dont float.

i wonder how they would manage to balance those torps when they are simply not effective against moving targets and easier offline raiding is not needed.
my first thought was that Torpedos are meant as an under water weapon that cause little damage to ships, but well another way to sink ships left and right.

8 minutes ago, zwt2135 said:

Any more crap like this is gonna destroy the little player base they have left. Why are they adding unrealistic stuff like this when they could be adding more ship types.

I don't have a problem with torpedoes.  Read the lore...this is not Earth, and there was existing technology in the lore, that has been lost, and is being rediscovered.  Heck, are you aware that they just figured out how Roman Concrete was made, and why it was so superior to our concrete?  Ours erodes away in the ocean, after about 30 years tops.  Theirs is still around over 2,000 years later.  We finally figured out the secret ingredient.

What I have a problem with is this...there is no counter to a submarine, except maybe another submarine with torps.  Unacceptable with the submarine locked behind the Kraken.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow
  • Like 1

I don't' mind torpedoes as there is no way to shoot things under water.  But the video they showed it would sink a giant ship with one torpedo. THAT is what is going to ruin the game.  They should be no more powerful than the cannons.

• Like 2

I am perfectly fine with pretty much anything being added to the game as long as anything I have is more powerful than anything you have. This is my main requirement.

Also it goes without saying that my stuff should be cooler than your stuff.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Haha 1

I hope they make torpedoes do no damage to structures or anchored ships. Regardless of peacetime. Make them a completely PvP and pve weapon. I’d be fine with that. Also limit number to 2 per ship. Make them only good agains sharks, whales, kraken and other mythical shit. Also make them cost mythos to make and require upkeep per shot. So you CAN use them in PvP, they have good range but it’s not worth trying to fight a ship just using torpedoes, you need to come into canon range to deal any real damage. 

Edited by Polar Express

After watching a single torpedo sink a galley ....... just thinking about the farming and effort that can be destroyed in 5 seconds... I'm gonna go ahead and vote no torps.

Edited by Keins Thallow
Because I can't spell.

Big no for torpedos, I Will have to build a wall around my ships to avoid being sniped by them, NPC turrets will be out ranged and useless now. I don't like it. Lessen the damage to structures and anchored ships. Devs should do this things super high cost, low efficiency as possible.

Edited by Emanuel a

What they've shown in the video is a game killer for me. Also that tortugar thing looks completely op compared to anything we have now.

there was a poll for the claim system guess what , the devs say we the players help shape the game , guess what even though like this poll the majority  was against it they still went ahead and changed it , they will also add the torpedos despite the a majority vote against them , they dont care what the players want and we are in no way helping shape this game ,

I dont like to the torpedoes like the sub to be locked behind some mega tribe only boss mobs.

Like in ARK this just strengthen the megas ultimate power further on.

3 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

NIce so uninstalling the game and checking in and i see this poll.

Guess i wasnt alone?

Right @boomervoncannon lol

*yawns*

Don't know of anyone who thought you were alone in this regard. There are always any number of folks loudly pounding their fists on a table demanding that their vision of a game is the right one regardless of what the devs think. That this piece of content or that is beyond the pale and must not even be put in for fear of contaminating the game like some disease. Fear not, you have plenty of company in this regard. But you claim to have taken your ball and gone home.

So either take it and go

or...

appear wishy washy by lingering like the curious child like voyeur who cannot look away.

The choice is yours.

10 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

*yawns*

Don't know of anyone who thought you were alone in this regard. There are always any number of folks loudly pounding their fists on a table demanding that their vision of a game is the right one regardless of what the devs think. That this piece of content or that is beyond the pale and must not even be put in for fear of contaminating the game like some disease. Fear not, you have plenty of company in this regard. But you claim to have taken your ball and gone home.

So either take it and go

or...

appear wishy washy by lingering like the curious child like voyeur who cannot look away.

The choice is yours.

I am just trolling ya man, no worries =D i just want the shit removed and lets play a ship game... that is all.