VanDerMeff

Ship stuck due to someone's beeing an asshole

Question is, what did you do to invoke someones wrath?

I pretty much don't buy the whole innocent bystander line most of the time.

Chicken and the egg. Which are you?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Although I can see why you might take this position it’s underlying assumption is that most gamers do not grief others unprovoked.  Long years of experience have led me to the conclusion that plenty do.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Although I can see why you might take this position it’s underlying assumption is that most gamers do not grief others unprovoked.  Long years of experience have led me to the conclusion that plenty do.

That being why i say "pretty much".

Usually there's more to the story that gets conveniently omitted when the griping about getting your comeuppins starts.

I wasn't there so i don't know either way. I'm just asking the logical first question.

4 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Usually there's more to the story that gets conveniently omitted when the griping about getting your comeuppins starts.

I wasn't there so i don't know either way. I'm just asking the logical first question.

Fair enuff. I just never expect those stories to have any more than a passing resemblance to objective reality.

19 minutes ago, Caveman said:

You must be new.  For this to happen, all he had to do was park his ship beside an island.  That's literally all he had to do.  Keep in mind that reports of people placing pillars along the shores of islands, to rip the bottoms out of people's boats. Keep in mind that people in official PvE pillared the crap out of islands, so they wouldn't have to deal with the eye sore of somebody else's base.  PvE players can be some of the most toxic people you ever want to meet...on official...and sometimes the coolest, on unofficial.  The ones on official, often just don't like having neighbors...unofficial servers are often less populated, and thus it doesn't provoke people to be bungholes.  Usually more than enough islands to go around, and the big islands are big enough to accommodate more than one base, without rubbing elbows.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

You must be new.  For this to happen, all he had to do was park his ship beside an island.  That's literally all he had to do.  Keep in mind that reports of people placing pillars along the shores of islands, to rip the bottoms out of people's boats. Keep in mind that people in official PvE pillared the crap out of islands, so they wouldn't have to deal with the eye sore of somebody else's base.  PvE players can be some of the most toxic people you ever want to meet...on official...and sometimes the coolest, on unofficial.  The ones on official, often just don't like having neighbors...unofficial servers are often less populated, and thus it doesn't provoke people to be bungholes.  Usually more than enough islands to go around, and the big islands are big enough to accommodate more than one base, without rubbing elbows.

Its pve. if a clan purchased the island they shouldnt have to have your shit shack on it. Or are you one of those "i deserve it just because" types? We have gates placed around an arse that foundation spammed our island the day of the wipe, right after we settled, purchased the clean island. dude refreshes every week and we made sure he aint movin the ship or placing down anything else. Toxic? WE PURCHASED the land. No counter claim was made. The toxic f just tried to force claim via the 24hr rule. No body is buy islands anymore. Force claiming is the meta now. But no, people protecting their investment are toxic. right on. 

29 minutes ago, gobblarr said:

Its pve. if a clan purchased the island they shouldnt have to have your shit shack on it. Or are you one of those "i deserve it just because" types? We have gates placed around an arse that foundation spammed our island the day of the wipe, right after we settled, purchased the clean island. dude refreshes every week and we made sure he aint movin the ship or placing down anything else. Toxic? WE PURCHASED the land. No counter claim was made. The toxic f just tried to force claim via the 24hr rule. No body is buy islands anymore. Force claiming is the meta now. But no, people protecting their investment are toxic. right on. 

Did you have a good cry?  It's PvE...E...E...E..not P...E.  Actions against other players should not be a thing.  If the game requires it, that's on the Devs to fix with mechanics that make sense.  PvE should not have island ownership.  It should have something similar to the old claim system, with one land claim, and one sea claim, both slightly bigger than the old sea claim.  The sea claim should have to touch the shore...so it only reserves a place for your port.  These would be big enough for any company up to 75 people.

There should be no need for pillar spamming, or any of the nonsense that goes on in official PvEEEEE.  You should have to build within that claim, and nowhere else.  Anyplace outside of those claims, should have a very fast decay timer for structures not on ships, with no ability to repair, and a cool down for building in, or near that spot again.  It should only allow for you to build something temporary, to complete a task...not block territory from other users.

Need gold to be useful?  It can still be used to maintain your claim.

The entitled person is you.  You think you need a whole island?  Types like you are what killed ARK PvE.  Once again, people who thought they were entitled to not have to look at somebody else's base, so the pillared the crap out of everything in site.  So, years later, after playing PvP, I suggested to a friend to try some PvE, for fun.  He informed me that you won't find anyplace to build.  He was right.

There are only so many islands.  The fact that you think you should not have to share that island, in a PvE game, is just absurd.  Be a little less of a bunghole.  Ask the Devs to create a PvE game that is actually PvE, with no need for those types of actions.

As for shit shacks, I guarantee you that I can build way better than you can.  My stuff would make yours look like it belongs in the ghetto.

4 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Did you have a good cry?  It's PvE...E...E...E..not P...E.  Actions against other players should not be a thing.  If the game requires it, that's on the Devs to fix with mechanics that make sense.  PvE should not have island ownership.  It should have something similar to the old claim system, with one land claim, and one sea claim, both slightly bigger than the old sea claim.  The sea claim should have to touch the shore...so it only reserves a place for your port.  These would be big enough for any company up to 75 people.

There should be no need for pillar spamming, or any of the nonsense that goes on in official PvEEEEE.  You should have to build within that claim, and nowhere else.  Anyplace outside of those claims, should have a very fast decay timer for structures not on ships, with no ability to repair, and a cool down for building in, or near that spot again.  It should only allow for you to build something temporary, to complete a task...not block territory from other users.

Need gold to be useful?  It can still be used to maintain your claim.

The entitled person is you.  You think you need a whole island?  Types like you are what killed ARK PvE.  Once again, people who thought they were entitled to not have to look at somebody else's base, so the pillared the crap out of everything in site.  So, years later, after playing PvP, I suggested to a friend to try some PvE, for fun.  He informed me that you won't find anyplace to build.  He was right.

There are only so many islands.  The fact that you think you should not have to share that island, in a PvE game, is just absurd.  Be a little less of a bunghole.  Ask the Devs to create a PvE game that is actually PvE, with no need for those types of actions.

As for shit shacks, I guarantee you that I can build way better than you can.  My stuff would make yours look like it belongs in the ghetto.

LOL go figure you open ur cuck hole without knowing shit. its a 15 point island that we are on. I can piss to the other side. Yeah we need the whole thing. Unlike other groups that foundation spam entire continents. Next time dont talk out of your ass. Perfect example of the toxicity in this game is cucks like you. 

27 minutes ago, gobblarr said:

LOL go figure you open ur cuck hole without knowing shit. its a 15 point island that we are on. I can piss to the other side. Yeah we need the whole thing. Unlike other groups that foundation spam entire continents. Next time dont talk out of your ass. Perfect example of the toxicity in this game is cucks like you. 

LOL  Yeah, OK.  And again, you seem too stupid to understand that your pisshole island is the exception, not the rule.  A claim, as I suggested, would cover most, if not all of an island like that.  If it would not, then no, you don't need the whole island.  Again, you seem very entitled.  You are better suited to owning your own private server, so you don't have to have neighbors.

So since you aren't smart enough to figure it out...there are only so many islands.  If somebody can own them, and stop anybody else from building on them, then growth for the game is very limited, unless they want to pay for more and more servers.  We have a very large base in PvP.  We can make it fit in the area I described.  In fact, we don't even use an area that big.

On 5/3/2019 at 8:42 AM, VanDerMeff said:

787802581_Screenshot(1).png.0b6e7aabe81a4ab98f01350ee238bf43.png

Can I even do anything ? Its Europe PVE server, would appreciate any help

This happened to me once, not as bad as in your case, but we got a double layer door, we dropped anchor, raised anchor; rinse and repeat until we bugged the ship out, it got a few hits on the hull but nothing too bad; the thing is in our case the gates were just a little over sea level. 

11 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Actions against other players should not be a thing.  

Yet, It still happens; we have a little 1x2 hut with a resource box a bed, a smithy and some storage space; we use that place for thatch farming mostly, all arround the spot were we farm the place is littered with pillars and foundations. The other day we were farming arround and there was another guy, he demanded we demolished our tiny 1x2 because it could block the resources (it doesn't and if it did it wouldn't matter, you can pretty much fill up a bear and there is still plenty more to gather and it will respawn before you can empty the cargo), again the whole place is filled with pillars, and this guy was saying he was going to report us for that building. Doesn't make much sense to me.

I haven't been there in a few days but i'm pretty sure it will be blocked with doors by the next time we show up. PVE players are waaaay too toxic in some cases and the game allows for this, I sure hope they implement some decay mechanism for this foundation spam.

17 hours ago, Caveman said:

as if someone needs a reason to be an asshole on the internet, lol dude go sleep again under your rock.

18 hours ago, gobblarr said:

People like you are the reason pve doesn't work.

We suggest to people that when you see someone in chat asking for help of any kind, if they're a piller/foundation spammer, don't trade with them.  It has worked wonderfully in our region.  Only those who are playing single player on a multiplayer server, spam their islands now.  If you want to be a team player, you have to adopt the rules of a team player and that starts with not spamming your base with foundations and pillers.

The majority of spammers, quit the game 10 days+ ago.  Islands are now being reclaimed.  And despammed.

The biggest farce on pve right now tho, isn't the spam, it's the 20% tax.  Some "companies" are just going around claiming all the little islands.  They don't do anything with them, they just put the tax to 20%. Then they sit back and watch the money pour in from map hunters.   Then they sell the money via ebay to players stupid enough to buy it.

The devs need to make it so that a green anchored ship, cannot be built around.  At least 50-100m in any direction, under or over.

Tax on gold needs to be removed.

Foundations and pillers that sit alone or have 3 or less foundations nearby, should rot after 3-4 hours.  If someone has to spam, make it cost them.

Give complete control of settlement islands to the company owner.  If they don't want anyone anchoring near them.  Then make that a settlement toggle that warns players they cannot anchor (green) there overnight etc.

Edited by Martyn

12 minutes ago, Martyn said:

People like you are the reason pve doesn't work.

We suggest to people that when you see someone in chat asking for help of any kind, if they're a piller/foundation spammer, don't trade with them.  It has worked wonderfully in our region.  Only those who are playing single player on a multiplayer server, spam their islands now.  If you want to be a team player, you have to adopt the rules of a team player and that starts with not spamming your base with foundations and pillers.

The majority of spammers, quit the game 10 days+ ago.  Islands are now being reclaimed.  And despammed.

The biggest farce on pve right now tho, isn't the spam, it's the 20% tax.  Some "companies" are just going around claiming all the little islands.  They don't do anything with them, they just put the tax to 20%. Then they sit back and watch the money pour in from map hunters.   Then they sell the money via ebay to players stupid enough to buy it.

The devs need to make it so that a green anchored ship, cannot be built around.  At least 50-100m in any direction, under or over.

Tax on gold needs to be removed.

Foundations and pillers that sit alone or have 3 or less foundations nearby, should rot after 3-4 hours.  If someone has to spam, make it cost them.

Wait, what? Selling on Ebay?? Didn't see anything on Ebay just now.

We had an asshat clan "wheel clamp lock" one of our brigs. With a buoy that said, parking ticket. All because they decided to build a base where our ship already was anchored. Ticket was filed, obstruction removed. This was on a lawless island that was a great place for bears and tigers. Now it's spammed to hell.

• Thanks 1

I had a link the other day I'll look for it after I finish my current bug report.

Can't find the link now, but it was something along the lines of wow gold sale.  I glanced at it, checked link it took me to ebay, but I've now checked both ebay dot com and uk and can find neither link. 

Link was given out in chat tho.  On Eu Pve.

Yeh seeing alot of spam, it seems to be worst around temperate and tropical islands tho, not so much in tundra and arctic. Almost none in desert..

Edited by Martyn