gnihar

Crab taming

What are the point of the crabs exactly? I've seen them and thought they were for carrying more weight until I seen it is no different from an elephant or something like that. I have no use for a crab unless they increase the weight dramatically.

If you are a PVE player, you can skip them easily.

If you are a PVP player, they pick up npc from your automated defenses, have shit ton of HP and damage resistance. Can be used as moving catapults to launch suicide bombers and commandos inside enemy base past the walls and fortifications. Can jump hundreds of meters high and past your walls easily or into safety to heal. They can do that while holding cannon bears in their claws as well.

The only counters that somewhat work are lots of tigers (relative DoT), catapults and baliistae and of course crabs of your own.

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gnihar said:

If you are a PVE player, you can skip them easily.

If you are a PVP player, they pick up npc from your automated defenses, have shit ton of HP and damage resistance. Can be used as moving catapults to launch suicide bombers and commandos inside enemy base past the walls and fortifications. Can jump hundreds of meters high and past your walls easily or into safety to heal. They can do that while holding cannon bears in their claws as well.

The only counters that somewhat work are lots of tigers (relative DoT), catapults and baliistae and of course crabs of your own.

Wonder how they work on golden age islands and if they'd be a good replacement for HP soaking eles.

@gnihar

No, you can't tame a crab with rotten meat.

Also if the crab is overwaight, jumping still works. So if you overload yourself to infinity you can still get back fast to your base.

But i think this will be fixed. Maby...

• Thanks 1

Crab is great for treasure maps. She can reach every place and has great dmg.

She is very good utility for farming as well + so funny when you throw people around 🙂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Crab is great for treasure maps. She can reach every place and has great dmg.

She is very good utility for farming as well + so funny when you throw people around 🙂

Really? Oh I want one now haha. Never even been into the underwater trench yet so I wouldn't know how to tame them anyway. I joined your Discord the other day to see what you had available, might have to pop over sometime although I'm way over in M5 so would take awhile.

6 hours ago, DannyUK said:

What are the point of the crabs exactly? I've seen them and thought they were for carrying more weight until I seen it is no different from an elephant or something like that. I have no use for a crab unless they increase the weight dramatically.

crabs are the best for raiding you can controll mortar towers and kill all npcs of their boats real quick

Crabs are OP,  nerf the shit outta them. The jump thing and the fact they sink anchored ship easily makes them every arseholes best freind in raiding small companies who have no chance to tame them. I just saw Handsome Stalins vod from their raid. That was some bullshit op crap imo. 

Whats the best way to tame them if you don't have a sub?

And if you read the patch notes you will notice that crabs can no longer pull npcs off of cannons etc

Edited by Badkebab

On 5/3/2019 at 4:02 AM, DannyUK said:

What are the point of the crabs exactly? 

Throwing lions at your enemies xD

Whats the best way to tame them if you don't have a sub?

You can lure them into your ship and tame then in the deck, you will need to do this to bola them. 

Edited by cidran