Sign in to follow this  
Cantore

The case of the ... disappearing structures?

unknown.png

What's up with THIS? from the top to the bottom, the floor ceiling and walls just disappeared!

unknown.png

Hope this explains ... Current workaround: More foundations below many structures

Kind regards

My neighbour had this also, built a bridge with pillars underneath and few hours later came back to most of it gone, scratching our heads wondering why it had vanished. It's a well known bug which they will hopefully fix soon.

I had an entire home setup over water with extensive docks and decking. Had to move on-shore and build everything over land to get my pieces from disappearing. 

This is still happening!!!!

Happened 5 times today to me, so far along in the build process it will be a huge process to move/redesign the build. 

I have a theory though that it may be creature spawn locations causing this because we would have tigers/snakes and wolves randomly show up in areas they should have been able to get to...the last time it happened I turned came around a wall and there was a bear standing there in an area that I just went through 30 seconds ago and it couldn't have gotten to there...ceilings gone top to bottom.

Dont know just a thought though. 

I hate this too... last Days a lot of Cellings are gone, lost the half of my Stuff and Buildings...

So one Guy in this Forum means "Check the End of the Pillar´s" sometime it looks right but you can Snap an another one in the Ground...

I checkt all Pillars and found 17 where i can Snap one under the Ground. Now it is better but...  Yesterday i lost Stairs and a Wall near to Foundations.

i dont understand this...

Edited by Accid3nt

6 hours ago, Accid3nt said:

I hate this too... last Days a lot of Cellings are gone, lost the half of my Stuff and Buildings...

So one Guy in this Forum means "Check the End of the Pillar´s" sometime it looks right but you can Snap an another one in the Ground...

I checkt all Pillars and found 17 where i can Snap one under the Ground. Now it is better but...  Yesterday i lost Stairs and a Wall near to Foundations.

i dont understand this...

Dont try to understand. Trust me, not worth it. Make a little spot somewhere as "home", make a Galleon and start living on that. 

Take it from this ol' foolish pirate matey.

Having the same issue its happened 4 times and I try to add a massive amount of stacked foundations to adress the issue but not yet sure if that will hold either Ceilings even when fully foundation supported seem to give in at least while building in water often accompanied by a bouldering sound as they collapse.

A7E4E22BF8A5C895B0E1AB8892261E2E271282EB
First image the side that has not collapsed

AFFFAE4574A4224F52B9B2633CF85E74D8735772
And the side that has collapsed. now adding 100 stacked foundations to adress it, pillars seem to not work in that respect.

One thing I've noticed with pillars is that sometimes when you think you've reached the ground level with it and in place you can still snap one more even deeper. Its touching the ground and the ceiling tiles will recognize it as a foundation to keep snapping in pieces BUT after a period of time it all "syncs up" and falls apart where it lacks that foundation support.  I've also seen foundation tiles snap in and allow you to build with ceiling tiles further out BUT when you look hard you notice the foundation piece is just above the ground a little. 

I try to place pillars and foundation tiles every 2 ceiling tiles now when building docks or decks for buildings. Since then I no longer have missing tiles show up randomly. This glitch has caused me to lose entire walls to animal pens etc. Since I started building this way and triple checking the foundation piece are securely in the ground; I have yet to see a tile or entire section just disappear.

Edited by reagentz

The parts the collapse need more support basically. Happens to me. I just replace the missing pieces then pillar it down. Hasnt gone anywhere since. I refuse to stack 100's of foundations due to not wanting a laggy island and would like others to enjoy the island as well. (More people able to do treasures on island the more gold i can make).

Our base just lost like half the FOUNDATIONS in the structure. This problem seems to be more prevelant that just ceilings vanishing.

Last round someone told me a golden Rule:

Pillar, 2 ceilings, Next pillar.

This Round i've built 6 Huge Breeding-Bases for ~600 Bears and have not lost a single structure following this Rule.

But If you forget one pillar, everything thats connected to that can Crash, No matter how far away it is.

So better tripple-check your Foundations/Pillars.

• Like 1

From what I found - this happens when you demolish of replace something in your base. Like once we built a wooden castle. After we start to rebuild one to stone (by just placing stone parts over wooden ones) half of our pier ceilings and railings was disappeared.

Still happening lol, haven't demolished anything... at all..... nothing logged off and game updated logged in and lost mortar two large walls 20 small walls and a bunch of time lol. Not to include elevators keep letting my character just fall through them but that is another story.