Leapdave

Anchored ships should not sink

If they could figure out an Eve like docking mechanism I'd be willing to try that out.  That would help out with company ship limitations as well since a docked ship would disappear and be "inside" the indestructible dock thus lessening server performance hits.

Maybe make it so a ship has to go through a docking process so its vulnerable for 15 minutes like the current green anchor mechanic. 

Edited by DocHolliday

This is just another ark a game ruined by griefers I wonder how long it will be before we hear of meshers 

There is a lot of talk from people complain ing about their parked ship on an island being sunk bu passers by. I agree it is sad to loose your hard work but you need to get in the mindset of the lawless land where atlas is set.  People take what is easy to take with no care for your work as long as they get some sort of benefit.  If you dont want to loose your ship your options are to have somone guard it or hide it well and hope.  Think about allying with people so you can share the time guarding your ships  or pay some  to park in their harbor.  If you cant protect your ship then it will get sink. Just expect that and you wont feel so sad playing atlas

if the boats got immune when the  anchor turned green, the game would have a huge increase in fps, as most of the mega companys constructions are the harbor, gigantic multi-layered walls, thousands of towers ... it's discouraging to think of doing so a blueprint boat and know that if you are not online in 9 hours of war, someone might have sunk you because you didn't spend months making a harbor and didn't put 300 npcs in automatic defense to defend your boat

Edited by falebit

I don´t get why there is no offline raid protection. Just make it so when someone logs off while in a fight, the ORP timer gets set to 1hour. That way there is no "haha I just log off and you can´t do anything to my stuff", 1h is more than enough to raid an unprotected base or ship. Hell, make it 2hours or 3hours. 

Griefing will never be fun in any game so devs should take that shit seriously and do something about it or they will lose a lot of players just like in Ark!

I actually agree that anchored ships should not sink. I'm the worlds worst for sinking ships offline or in freeports, but it is purely to steal things from a boat. If I can blow a hole in the side, get in and steal things then leave.     As it is it is faster to pop 1 plank let it sink then break into boxes when its underwater. If ships didn't sink. I could still pop a plank and look inside and break boxes if I found something nice. But at least the poor owner could log on repair and continue.  And if I rly wanted to sink the ships maybe have to pop all planks. . .     More and more people log on to find their ships sunk. Then they just say FT and leave the game.   Makes for a lonely Atlas world

Anything that can be done to prevent offline raiding is a plus. That's not Player versus Player, that's Player versus Player's schedule. A game should not require you to dump irresponsible amounts of time into in order to prevent the loss of what you accomplished during the time you willingly spent in it. That's basically saying that if you don't have people at your island for your entire combat phase, you might as well give up. So you need allies. And night-shifters. And NPC turrets. That makes the disparity between having the skills and resources to build a base and the ability to actually defend that base HUGE. Diminishing returns kill RPGs.

• Like 1

Ya this is still a good running post, I vote green anquor ships shouldn't be sunk so easily. Like suggested before, slow sinking rate  could be good, or I wouldn't mind undamagable planks after green anquor, however the first one would need to be balanced so that green anquor ships can no longer fire cannons/swivels. (In pvp the enemy would green anquor a gally at your harbor entrance) and for the second undamagable planks, you'll need to remove the anquored resistance, because you could make the ship almost unraidable with some extra wood pieces. 

But ya your ship only being able to be sunk out at sea would be awesome, and probably retain more players. 

Maybe let anchored ships take 3 hours before they are safe that way you still have to guard you ship for a while. Then let it have a decay timer on it after that way after a day or two you could sink it.

Edited by Lord Mayson

Green anchored ships shouldn't be sinkable. Just returned a few days ago and lost 2 ships to this in 2 days while offline. Not going to build a third. Will check the game out again if this gets fixed. I'm fine with them getting my loot but too time consuming to rebuild the ships.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:31 AM, WhiskeyBarrel said:

Green anchored ships shouldn't be sinkable. Just returned a few days ago and lost 2 ships to this in 2 days while offline. Not going to build a third. Will check the game out again if this gets fixed. I'm fine with them getting my loot but too time consuming to rebuild the ships.

Im pretty sure you dont have proof? From what you wrote on another thread, you dont have a claimed island. Even if you anchor your ship at an island that has a peace timer running, the owners of the island can sink you. The owners of the island can even attack you during peace timer.
That doesnt need to get fixed, you just need to understand the game mechanics. You cant just park your ship on a random spot that has a peace timer, and hope nothing happens. Learn the basic mechanics of the game, get in contact with other players, join a company or alliance. It will make your game experience way better.
If you refuse to do so, try out the singleplayer mode of Atlas.

If you can't handle your ships being sunk: 

a) Build a better harbor 
b) Leave your ship in freeport and log-in every couple of hours to repair it 
c) Play on PVE

Building ships is cheap, fast and easy. Even mythical planks are not that hard to get, the entire point of destroying enemy ships on PVP servers is getting rid of the high-level units as leveling up a ship is the most time-consuming process. That's all a part of the PVP game - impairing the progress of others and I don't see any reason this should change.

The only thing they should change is the structure meshing and server infrastructure so destroying multiple enemy ships in a harbor is as smooth as it can be.

You have PVE servers and private servers, I'm sure you can find something for yourself. 

Edited by Whisky Bob
  • Like 1