Animals are the best at moving quickly, fighting on land, carrying, tanking, *and* harvesting (by far)

There are 17ish skill categories, you should not make any of them required in order to be successful

I could travel the world collecting materials and mythos and super rare blueprints, then finally make legendary or mythic tools... then completely waste time by using those tools to harvest instead of animals

Once you acquire an animal they take almost nothing to care for (which may be fine if there are other ways to be successful)

Animals already carry so much more than people that the trade off would be fine if they don't harvest so quickly

• Like 1

I agree this game is all about tames. If you loose yours or don't  have one then your instant dead. They need to re-balance that whole aspect.

Agreed, a rebalance ought to happen at some point, hopefully giving humans more ways to defend themselves and fight.

Humans climbed to the top of the food chain by mastering fire, and ranged weapons.

No tame should be a match for a well placed shot from a rifle.

They go to extreme lengths to make the reload time on carbines 14 seconds with 3 mini games.. but then make it require dozens of shots from carbines to kill any high level tame... and then give tames self healing.

it's ridiculous. Tames need a hard nerf across the board.

• Like 1

agree, reload times need to be much shorter.

but you shouldn't be able to go toe to toe with a wild animal if that's what you are saying.

5 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

agree, reload times need to be much shorter.

but you shouldn't be able to go toe to toe with a wild animal if that's what you are saying.

Toe to toe? No.

But right now the balance is way out of wack in guns vs. tames.

And from a business standpoint (@Grapeshot), there are way more players out there who would enjoy gunplay than having to deal with tames.

This was my suggestion on the matter

To me it's the easiest way to rebalance it AND keep tames useful. 

On 5/4/2019 at 1:26 PM, Jerryn said:

They also did it by taming and domesticating many types of animals that were used for transportation, cargo, defense, war, and labor.

Nobody in history has ever gotten on the back of a giraffe and had the giraffe bash it's head against trees to harvest bark

They should either reduce animal harvesting or just remove higher quality tools from the game (significantly harder to get and significantly less effective)

On 5/7/2019 at 3:34 PM, Leapdave said:

Nobody in history has ever gotten on the back of a giraffe and had the giraffe bash it's head against trees to harvest bark

They should either reduce animal harvesting or just remove higher quality tools from the game (significantly harder to get and significantly less effective)

Well, I'm all for nerfing animals into the ground... but even in it's current state, upgraded tools have their uses.

Pickaxes are great for harvesting meat and oil. Hatchets for hide. (Is there an animal that can do this better?)

Sickles have their uses in PvP. (Breaking grapples, doors, etc.)

It's a pirate FANTASY game.  Stop trying to assume its a RL simulator or whatever.   I never heard anyone complain about ridiculous abilities of animals in Ark like this.  If we try to compare anything in this game to the way it might be in the real world..... EVERYTHING would have to be changed.

• Like 2

I disagree that animals harvest too much. I do agree they are too heavily used in combat and carbines should do much more damage to them. 

• Like 1

I really agree to remove the minigames to reload firearms and increase damage, to me for now the firearms are almost useless, I heavily prefer my legendary bow, if you try to fight with alpha tiger with a rifle you're screwed. minigame + slow reload + lag is a big combo.... Unless you have some high level armor of course.

Make the high-level blueprint of the tools bit more easier to find I agree.

But nerf the Tamed Animals do not agree, before they complained that their animals had no chance against the wild Alpha and devs nerf Wild Alpha and now that the game is a little more balanced they want to nerf the Tames.

Do you spend hours looking for your favorite animal foods/seeds and a few more hours looking for that Animal Lv.30 that you both wanted animals to leave at home as a trophy?

the devs made very cool changes in the latest upgrades like rebalancing the Golden Age that no one could get there because of the insane amount of high lv creatures. and mythical.

They increase the pay interval to the crew which was great.

I just did not like the large cannon changes that are now almost inutile, just limiting the amount depending on the type of ship however... (PVE, but in PVP have other issues).

From what I see they are only worried about Realism (ATLAS NOT A SIMULATOR and only convince me otherwise if anyone here already tame a wild bear or lion once in a lifetime).....

Edited by Rising
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 2:21 PM, Rising said:

I really agree to remove the minigames to reload firearms and increase damage, to me for now the firearms are almost useless, I heavily prefer my legendary bow, if you try to fight with alpha tiger with a rifle you're screwed. minigame + slow reload + lag is a big combo.... Unless you have some high level armor of course.

Make the high-level blueprint of the tools bit more easier to find I agree.

But nerf the Tamed Animals do not agree, before they complained that their animals had no chance against the wild Alpha and devs nerf Wild Alpha and now that the game is a little more balanced they want to nerf the Tames.

Do you spend hours looking for your favorite animal foods/seeds and a few more hours looking for that Animal Lv.30 that you both wanted animals to leave at home as a trophy?

the devs made very cool changes in the latest upgrades like rebalancing the Golden Age that no one could get there because of the insane amount of high lv creatures. and mythical.

They increase the pay interval to the crew which was great.

I just did not like the large cannon changes that are now almost inutile, just limiting the amount depending on the type of ship however... (PVE, but in PVP have other issues).

From what I see they are only worried about Realism (ATLAS NOT A SIMULATOR and only convince me otherwise if anyone here already tame a wild bear or lion once in a lifetime).....

Yeah its kinda of weird that they really want a true simulator when it comes to the guns in this game, but that's about where it stops.   #removethereload

This topic should be titled " bp tools are too weak" 

Your issue is with bps, not tames. I agree with you that bps for harvesting tools should get a buff equal to or better than a harvesting mount. 

But simply saying tames gather too much and then talking about bp tools didnt help in my opinion. Gathering tames are fine as they are. Bp Tools need a massive buff. They are pretty useless next to high level utility tames as you correctly stated.