Aegis

galleon in shallow shipyard

I think i placed a large shipyard too close to the shore and i already build a Galleon Skeleton in it, but i dont know if this is deep enough for the galleon when i release it in the water, or it will just brake and sink.

20190502193541_1.thumb.jpg.eab967c7ff3f22ecb1b23dc70993c70e.jpg

20190502193544_1.thumb.jpg.3b48cd03267ef55210d726393f635f4e.jpg

Put on the Planks and Release if it breaks it breaks. But atleast you dont put all other in It 🙂

Open the sails to full before you release it. Often if a ship is built too shallow, the sails will pull it clear before it suffers catastrophic hull damage. It'll definitly take a dink at the back when it drops, but you should be able to get it out of there. Galleons don't ride all that much lower in the water than a brig, if you've had a brig out of that yard it'll probably be fine.

Remember though, at the end of the day the price of a new shipyard and galleon skeleton is the tiniest fraction of the price of a sea-ready galleon. If in serious doubt, build a new yard and galleon frame and start over before you plank it up and commit more resources. If you think the yard and skeleton is expensive, you havn't seen the price of the planks; or how many you need.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1

i honestly dont think thats deep enough, best way is to place shipyard so that if u move forward it doesn't allow you to place it, back up a bit, it goes blue plop it down. i like to see the entire underside of the large shipyard not touching anything except for the bit close to shore.

if your worried about lost mats sounds like your gathering on foot, build a schooner tame an ele bear and a giraffe or trade animals for mats pve or pvp, wait for a 2x weekend and farm the mats in a few+ hours for a gal 🙂 

Edited by Remo

Right now in renewed Eastern Tundra there are so gently sloped sea bottom, so sometimes it has to be built extremely far in to ocean (like 10-15 of large shipyards length). And I had to check depth there to secure my ships. So... I found that 4 pillars deep - is just fine for safe Brig release. For Galley... well It might be like 6 or 7 I guess. I wouldn't build one if there is less than 7 pillars.

(I wouldn't build one at all actually : )

ok i will rebuild another large shipyard out at sea since my base is surrounded with large area of shallow water

2 hours ago, Aegis said:

ok i will rebuild another large shipyard out at sea since my base is surrounded with large area of shallow water

I learned this the hard way on day 1. I always take into consideration if there's a spot deep enough to put a ship yard before making a base now. I will admit it was pretty funny though when we released that first schooner and it flipped up in the air and did a couple barrel rolls before shattering to pieces. 🙂

If you were to use that I would also suggest waiting for calm waters.  Don't want the boat bouncing up and down.