VAZGHOUL

I claim land with someone already have building on it , why i cant remove them?

34 minutes ago, Jorm said:

Explain it to me, which advantage do i have to Build on a Settlement?

Hint: There is nothing!

There will be when they finish the decay system for lawless. It is based on the same 10 day activity timer as claimed land at the moment, but they are adding in the decay over time as soon as it is finished. 

4 minutes ago, DilBert said:

There will be when they finish the decay system for lawless. It is based on the same 10 day activity timer as claimed land at the moment, but they are adding in the decay over time as soon as it is finished. 

You mean 2021? Yeah i dont think they keep this game this Long Wipe-Free!

1 hour ago, Willard said:

You clearly don´t know what you are talking about. At all 😉 Get better in game, maybe then you will know what Settlement owner has to do in order to keep Settlement. Until then - stop embarassing yourself 🙂 

hahaha island owners routine to keep island =  do treasure maps --- > get gold ----> put gold in flag , thats it , nothing more nothing less , 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Willard said:

You clearly don´t know what you are talking about. At all 😉 Get better in game, maybe then you will know what Settlement owner has to do in order to keep Settlement. Until then - stop embarassing yourself 🙂 

I tested the system on PTR. I made the lawless choice because I don't want to babysit or spends hours out of a day hunting for foundation spam. Honestly I've seen less spam on lawless then I did on EU PVE. I hit some settlement islands that were completely spammed out and the settlement owner didn't clear any of it. 

Currently there is no difference between lawless and settlement islands cept -alphas don't spawn on lawless. Resources respawn faster. I don't have anyone dictating what I can and can't build. I don't foundation spam my island. I have a dock system, a house and a lighthouse. Great neighbors that help each other out.

So again. What exactly is the benefit of moving to a settlement?

If we are talking about gold. Well I have 18k sitting in a trunk rightnow. I had over 2k the second day on Gorgon's Gaze.  Could I get an island day 1. Several times over. That was a choice I made during PTR that I really don't care for the system. Nor do I need a claim flag to make me feel like I have land.

8 hours ago, Jorm said:

Explain it to me, which advantage do i have to Build on a Settlement?

Hint: There is nothing!

You don´t have to deal with foundation spam from random griefers (most owners clear their islands), you got indirect protection from attack via peace phase because noone goes to attack islands which are in peace phase and moreover you probably (according to owner) have help from owner in case of attack on your island. Not many owners accept attacks on their island even if that attack isn´t against them directly. 

On lawless you are under attack 24/7 and noone is going to help you. 

So, that´s it.

7 hours ago, UDO said:

hahaha island owners routine to keep island =  do treasure maps --- > get gold ----> put gold in flag , thats it , nothing more nothing less , 

Ye and what is nonowner day routine on PvE? "Oh do I have to login daily and farm gold for maintaining island? Oh no, I dont have to". Owner HAS to pay upkeep every day to keep Settlement, nonowner = settler doesn´t have to do anything. He does not pay upkeep and he does not pay true taxes because they are additive (on PvE) which means he harvests 100%. So tell me who has the better position here?

On PvP ok, taxes are a thing. But jesus stop pretending owner doesn´t have to pay anything. Farming gold takes much more time than harvesting 30% more resources. Lets take an example - you farm for 3 hours. Because of taxes you need to sacrifice 30% more time which means approximately 1 hour more. Because of taxes you need to spend 1 hour farming for your owner and 3 hours farming for yourself. Now, imagine my company pays nearly 1300g/day for upkeep 86 points Settlement. Do you think you can farm 1300g in an hour? Count going with a ship from harbor, travel on map locations, get loot, get back. Let me answer this question - you can´t.

Owner has to spent much more time farming gold for upkeep than you spend farming with 30% taxes (on PvP). 

Take your time to understand this and maybe you stop acting like owners don´t need to do anything. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Willard said:

Ye and what is nonowner day routine on PvE? "Oh do I have to login daily and farm gold for maintaining island? Oh no, I dont have to". Owner HAS to pay upkeep every day to keep Settlement, nonowner = settler doesn´t have to do anything. He does not pay upkeep and he does not pay true taxes because they are additive (on PvE) which means he harvests 100%. So tell me who has the better position here?

On PvP ok, taxes are a thing. But jesus stop pretending owner doesn´t have to pay anything. Farming gold takes much more time than harvesting 30% more resources. Lets take an example - you farm for 3 hours. Because of taxes you need to sacrifice 30% more time which means approximately 1 hour more. Because of taxes you need to spend 1 hour farming for your owner and 3 hours farming for yourself. Now, imagine my company pays nearly 1300g/day for upkeep 86 points Settlement. Do you think you can farm 1300g in an hour? Count going with a ship from harbor, travel on map locations, get loot, get back. Let me answer this question - you can´t.

Owner has to spent much more time farming gold for upkeep than you spend farming with 30% taxes (on PvP). 

Take your time to understand this and maybe you stop acting like owners don´t need to do anything. 

yeah such a hard life in game , gold is far too easy to farm , using that argument when it takes a couple hours treasure maps to get a weeks upkeep ,  stop trying to make out its hard to own an island it isnt .....

answering your question yes i can and did yesterday 1567 gold in 1 hour 3 maps all in same grid 2 on same island , i actually spent  a lot of time yesterday using the maps i had to gain gold and landing on the islands i hadnt visited got me discovery points , i bought 4 figure heads , 12 crew to add to my 2nd brig  , 1st already being fully crewed and armed  (which need gold to maintain ) and still had over 3000 gold left after a morning farming maps and running about 

Edited by UDO

2 hours ago, UDO said:

yeah such a hard life in game , gold is far too easy to farm , using that argument when it takes a couple hours treasure maps to get a weeks upkeep ,  stop trying to make out its hard to own an island it isnt .....

answering your question yes i can and did yesterday 1567 gold in 1 hour 3 maps all in same grid 2 on same island , i actually spent  a lot of time yesterday using the maps i had to gain gold and landing on the islands i hadnt visited got me discovery points , i bought 4 figure heads , 12 crew to add to my 2nd brig  , 1st already being fully crewed and armed  (which need gold to maintain ) and still had over 3000 gold left after a morning farming maps and running about 

You had to acquire those maps somewhere which takes time, you had to sail on that grid which takes time and you had to kill it/dig it. No, u didn't do all of this in 1 hour.

U didn't answer me yet, what does settler need to do? 

Edited by Willard

When they implement a decay for Lawless over Time then one thing will happen. Lawless people will just stop playing.

The most Poeple in Lawless are ones that want to own their land i think, thats for PvE Servers, PvP is another thing.

There are advantages to playing just lawless for sure. As a small island owner (37 points and 189 gold every 11 hrs) I can say that there is definitely MUCH MORE work involved in "owning an island" than there is in being a settler on someone else's island.  I personally don't care about what tax rates are as a settler as in PVE they mean NOTHING to me, they don't really affect me or the loot I am able to harvest. Our company owns an island primarily for ensuring we can get all the cobalt and tin we want in K15 but the reality is we ALL have homesteads on someone else's islands. I personally have a animal trading homestead in K13 where my island owners are fantastic and don't bother me one bit. They have raised taxes over the last week or so but it has not affected what I am able to harvest from the same silver rocks everytime I go to harvest them. 

Our company is not large enough to own the average 57 point island so we knew going into this we would not be able to have a place we could setup as a destination point for settlers. Island owners only benefit from having MORE SETTLERS as the amount they have to pay (in gold) goes down but then obviously they have to have someone "administering" the island to make sure griefers are kept at bay and the settlers are happy and active. 

This is my 2 cents from a small company who both currently does own an island and our main resource hub is in K12 a "Lawless" island and we also occupy land in 3 nearby grids that are owned by other companies. Aside from the French group in K13 we have had no issues with island owners, they are welcoming as we build, farm and develop wherever we claim home.

2 hours ago, Willard said:

You had to acquire those maps somewhere which takes time, you had to sail on that grid which takes time and you had to kill it/dig it. No, u didn't do all of this in 1 hour.

I have done 3 Whales in 20 Minutes and got 3k Gold. So its not so hard to get gold. Hell i have now 10k over. Dont need to do Maps for the next 3 weeks!

Again, i will never ever Build on Claimed Land, or Farm on it.

If they Kill Lawless off, im off this game

Claimed Island:

You farm you become 100%, 20% go to Tax....    120% Farming 100% for you and 20% For Tax. Read Pacth Notes.

No lost of any Farming

Patch 100.31

Max Tax rate on PvE set to 20%, and is only additive on PvE (doesn't reduce the taxee's resources)

Edited by Razalon

9 hours ago, Willard said:

same as landowner farm gold for crew upkeep ,same as landowners , the only difference is island owners  need a bit more than non island owners  do , when i say a bit i mean that

, it isnt hard  , so stop trying to make out that landowners are hard done by , they wanted the land they wanted to own the island so suck it up buttercup and farm the extra gold landowners  need , non island owners farm maps, island owners farm map and need  at best to farm an additional 2 or 3 maps  for the weeks upkeep or go kill and extra  whale or 2 , 

Edited by UDO

6 hours ago, Razalon said:

Claimed Island:

You farm you become 100%, 20% go to Tax....    120% Farming 100% for you and 20% For Tax. Read Pacth Notes.

No lost of any Farming

Patch 100.31

Max Tax rate on PvE set to 20%, and is only additive on PvE (doesn't reduce the taxee's resources)

Nope still not going to Claimed Land. Rewarding someone for just being there is not the Pirate Way.

53 minutes ago, UDO said:

same as landowner farm gold for crew upkeep ,same as landowners , the only difference is island owners  need a bit more than non island owners  do , when i say a bit i mean that

, it isnt hard  , so stop trying to make out that landowners are hard done by , they wanted the land they wanted to own the island so suck it up buttercup and farm the extra gold landowners  need , non island owners farm maps, island owners farm map and need  at best to farm an additional 2 or 3 maps  for the weeks upkeep or go kill and extra  whale or 2 , 

It´s not "a bit more" man 🙂 We for instance pay 1300g/day which is over 9k gold per week. Brig full of crew costs about 220-250g/day. That means owner needs to farm "a bit more" which is like he has 5 full crewed brigs. 

Im not saying its hard, but its definitely harder and more time consuming than farming 30% more because of tax 😉 Stop pretending island owner doesn´t have to do anything and "poor" settlers has to pay. Its nonsense. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Willard said:

It´s not "a bit more" man 🙂 We for instance pay 1300g/day which is over 9k gold per week. Brig full of crew costs about 220-250g/day. That means owner needs to farm "a bit more" which is like he has 5 full crewed brigs. 

Im not saying its hard, but its definitely harder and more time consuming than farming 30% more because of tax 😉 Stop pretending island owner doesn´t have to do anything and "poor" settlers has to pay. Its nonsense. 

a couple of extra whales, come on dont be so ridiculous u wanted the island stop trying to make out that u have to do so much more , companys of more than 1 player can easily go out on a boat each and farm out that amount in a couple of hours , on top of this there is no benefit whatsoever for tenants,if u have them they are farming for you via the resources that get deposited so free ships for you if u have enough tenants farming , not to mention the more tenants the less you pay per 12hrs and more resources you get , 

there is absolutly no benefits for tenants at all in pve with this system , 

4 hours ago, UDO said:

a couple of extra whales, come on dont be so ridiculous u wanted the island stop trying to make out that u have to do so much more , companys of more than 1 player can easily go out on a boat each and farm out that amount in a couple of hours , on top of this there is no benefit whatsoever for tenants,if u have them they are farming for you via the resources that get deposited so free ships for you if u have enough tenants farming , not to mention the more tenants the less you pay per 12hrs and more resources you get , 

there is absolutly no benefits for tenants at all in pve with this system 

Tenants farming for you 😄 you sir, are a lost case. You clearly have no experience with owning an island. I do 😉 its the last message from me, no point of discussing with someone so blind as you. 

Edited by Willard

We're not a big company... we had our friends who play on private servers join us so we could claim a 57-point island.

We farmed gold.  Got the island.  But with only 5 really active members and only 2 who actually hunt whales or farm maps, we could not keep up the pace we needed to maintain the gold payments.  So the island went back to unclaimed.

Another company got the island.  So far, they have maintained it (1 week).  

We'll see how they do with the gold grind.

The main point I'm trying to make is that it takes steady gold grinding just to maintain the claim.  This is far and above what it takes to maintain crews now that they've made crews cheaper.  Since the tax is not a tenant penalty, we don't feel it.  

So all we have to do to maintain our buildings is log in within 10 days and get within visual eyesight of the structures to refresh the timers.

If your floors/walls say 10:00:00:00 then you're refreshed.

One more point to make..  When people don't log in for 10 days, just take our their floors and the building is cleaned up.  It's not hard to "police" the island and clean out inactive structures.

Last point…  With the new spacing patch for water structures, the beaches will NOT be wall-to-wall shipyards.  I love it.  This promotes a bit of spacing to be able to build a community in your area of influence.   We control approximately a kilometer of beachfront.   This is on an island that has probably 200 kilometers of beaches.  Plenty of room and probably 70% of the beaches are still free.

So far, we are enjoying just being a tenant.  This was a surprise for us.

The problem I see is that you have some islands owned by companys that have buildings o them that the owners of the buildings don't build so all thay do is refresh every 9 days locking down the location where they are built on taking up space on a clamed island that could otherwise be used by the company that owns the island.

This is why I live on lawless, you could pay me the gold of upkeep cost and I'd still refuse to move to 1 of these islands, no thanks.

There was a company called capaigne de indes on J5 mullwal island they are exactly like you, selfish and no thought for others. 

Edited by DannyUK

I LOVE my island, just for how low maintenance it makes my playtime. Spent a little time setting up friendly docks and advertising our resources, and placed the smithy and mortar right next to our flag. With a couple of clicks and a 20 foot walk, my ship's ammo container, resource locker, and larder are full, and I'm off to the next high seas adventure.

I just wish I could figure out how to attach my flag to my ship. That would be utopia.

On 5/6/2019 at 11:48 AM, Willard said:

Tenants farming for you 😄 you sir, are a lost case. You clearly have no experience with owning an island. I do 😉 its the last message from me, no point of discussing with someone so blind as you. 

u are too blind to the game mechanics , the more settlers u have the more resources u gain , or are u one of those island owners that dont allow settlers , u gain 20%(or whatever u set your tax rate too ) of everything famed on your island , so the more settlers u have farming the more u gain in resources , dont try to make out u dont , the system at the moment wasnt designed for pve so unlike pvp where u get protection from the island owners there are no benefits at all tenants in pve .. u get 20% of all treasure maps farmed on your island u get 20 % of all resources farmed on your island, and all u have to do it farm an additonal bit of gold over what a normal pve player does ,  

Im Pretty sure you are overrating the 20% Ressources alot. True if someone farms 100k copper i get 20k of it, but i also cant Farm More Till the nodes respawn.

15 minutes ago, UDO said:

u are too blind to the game mechanics , the more settlers u have the more resources u gain , or are u one of those island owners that dont allow settlers , u gain 20%(or whatever u set your tax rate too ) of everything famed on your island , so the more settlers u have farming the more u gain in resources , dont try to make out u dont , the system at the moment wasnt designed for pve so unlike pvp where u get protection from the island owners there are no benefits at all tenants in pve .. u get 20% of all treasure maps farmed on your island u get 20 % of all resources farmed on your island, and all u have to do it farm an additonal bit of gold over what a normal pve player does ,  

You wrote settlers are farming for you which means you don't have to farm on your own and just live from what settlers farm. Thats simply nonsense 😉 production from 20% taxes doesn't cover anything, its like 1/30 of what you actually need. This comes from experience playing the game, your thoughts are based on theory which has nothing to do with reality. Resources what we got from our settlers are negligible just like gold income from treasures. 

Edited by Willard

I love being a settler on our island, the landlord keeps the island free of spam, have not put any restrictions on our sprawling base and they have built a raised road network between all the mountains where 100's of metal, crystal,coal and salt nodes spawn.

We might be paying the 20% tax, but thier work means we farm x2 or x3 faster. I love it.