Bulldogg50

Leveling up and Number of Discoveries

I have been looking for a New er chart that lists the levels you can obtain with the number of discovery points. If i go off the last one i would be close to lvl 57. However, i have 130 discovery points and have stalled at level 54.....can someone explain what the problem is? what do i need to do to move on. Thanks

You need more discovery points. You can get them by visiting new islands and go to discoveries on the islands, you can spot them with the spyglass. They have a blue sphere around. Or do the powerstones and get ~45 points each. Or kill whales. The first time you get like ~50 points or something. I think it's like 33,5 or 34 points to get the levelcap one up.

it was only between 26-27 discoveries on the old official, where did they post this information and why is there no chart for this. And we still cannot change the names of the ships.

Way to many points needed for 1 Lvl in my opinion. 24 was already a pain to get.

• Like 2

yep they added more islands and decided it would be a good idea to almost double the points needed per lvl 

crazy grind 

• Like 1

I've been enjoying exploring the regions and finding discoveries, or as you call it "the grind". I built a schooner just for exploring and started up in A1.

Be sure you have a smithy to replace/repair spy glasses (to find discoveries), grappling hooks , and climbing picks. Also make sure you have a tannery to make fur armor and repair gliding suits (for easy getting down from high places where there are discoveries and/or for finding them easily). I added a diving platform later in order get fiber (seaweed) from the ocean floor as there is no fiber except underwater and I ran out of the fiber I brought. It's also advisable to have a bear for low treasure maps.

There are 26 discoveries in A1 alone. 23 discoveries in B1. It's a little tough, you will die, you will lose equipment (why you need the smithy and tannery). But it's easy to replace that gear and exploring is an enjoyable part of the game for me so the risk is worth the reward to me.

Also, I try to put at least 1 bed on each island so my company can hop around and find them as well. This also makes it cheaper for settlements as each settler makes it less expensive for owning an island (upkeep payment time increases). I have roughly 300 discoveries already I haven't even explored 1/10th of all the zones yet.

Good place to start below. Just FYI, if you don't know, you can sail north in A1 and go to A15. I'm trying to do all the Polar zones first so my plan is to zigzag between rows 1 and 2 and 14 and 15 from A to O.

https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Region_A1

3 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Not all of us have so much time to waste...

+1

Thas also mi problem... work+wife+kids... will take me years to go on all islands, special since now the map doesnt show up what u havent discovered yet

105 Discoverys ->54 137 Discoverys ->55 151 Discoverys ->56 xxx Discoverys ->57 239 Discoverys ->58 273 Discoverys ->59 308 Discoverys ->60 341 Discoverys ->61 375 Discoverys ->62 409 Discoverys ->63 443 Discoverys ->64 480 Discoverys ->65 511 Discoverys ->66 545 Discoverys ->67

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 7:03 PM, Tezcatlipoca said:

Not all of us have so much time to waste...

I stopped playing at lvl 52. I dont have time to sail to every Island and it is difficult to see where you have been after they removed Fog of War. 

I started at the opposite end on the 14 grids and having a hell of a time finding the discoveries even with a spyglass. I think 014 I pretty much just found the initial and that was it. Spent hours. I made it to L14 and pretty much gave up and started heading back home. All week I've spent looking and coming up with not even half the locations found. Hopefully they'll be overhauling the system or coming up with a better way to find them. This system I find tedious. Guess I shoulda started at the 2 grids and worked my way down. Sounds like you guys are having better luck upnorth.

it's a crapshoot, i didn't have this hard of time getting 300+ discoveries pre-wipe, i think a lot of them are bugged and not showing correctly, and a lot of them were removed for reasons  unknown.

U Dont even Need to Sail to each Island. Freeports Give 4 Discovery points And u get another 100 for killing both whales,which rly is easy done alone. Each powerstone gives 50 DP,so 900 in total. Another 150 for killing the Kraken. Even People on a Raft Managed to leech it.

• Thanks 1

Many Players are unable to make powerstones or ark bosses by their groupsize. Sadly, Wildcard never understand that players do not want to be forced into large unknown playersgroups. They bring some of their friends or beein alone... it is time to overcome that stupid pickture, that everyone in a mmo is a friend or anyway useful. Players are indivduals. Time to understand and respect this! Bring friends and Players together, but dont force that!

• Thanks 1

Whales do not seem to give 50 discovery points anymore.

I have both monstrous sperm whale and monstrous blue whale kills, and still have only 87 discovery points total. That's including the islands I've visited.

2 hours ago, Kidori said:

I have both monstrous sperm whale and monstrous blue whale kills, and still have only 87 discovery points total. That's including the islands I've visited.

I concur. 

3 hours ago, Kidori said:

They still do but for some reason the DP on the Atlas Menue differs from the XP Bar. And there is no Need to join large companys for powerstones or Kraken. Can do powerstones solo or cheese it. Can even ask Players Who Farm them only for Mythos to Give u the Artefakt. And for kraken get a ramshackle And camp H8 And leech the kill or join an Alliance to kill it. Plenty ways to get atleast 20 More Level Without visiting Islands 

• Like 1

Coming back to this thread just wanted to add I had this weekend off and found I couldnt really get into this game as much because of this system, I wanted to level a little and could hardly manage to keep myself at the PC for 30+ discoveries for one level, pre wipe I was at level 78, killed whales and had 2 powerstones all the rest was discoveries, but the world seemed so much more alive, now it seems like it's a solo sailing game looking for invisible bubbles on islands. @Dollie is there anything in the works about the discovery bubbles for secondary discoveries on islands? Maybe instead of bubbles light pillars for those ones that can he seen with the spyglass, or something that goes with the compass showing you a direction while on land roughly which way to go to get it.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:09 PM, pacmansa said:

you get 30 discoveries for you first whale kill and each of the 9 power stones

wrong. each gives 40 DP

just wondering if the new system of 2points per discovery changed the number of discoveries you need to level up. So old atlas was 26, new atlas was 34, but is it tha same now? or did they increase it again. I just love it when they put out a patch and dont tell you that they nerfed the bear or elephant in gathering, or they leave out a little tid bit about something.

Before the change my max level was like 61 and after it was like 71 so I don't think they changed the number you need per level. Max level is currently 78 and I'm only 63 so I have a ways to go. I've killed both whales and 8 powerstones. Powerstones are fairly easy to get if you hang around the powerstone islands when Hydra or Dragon is up and you just assist in the kill). I haven't explored a ton so it's not that bad. I got 3 in one night even.