Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

How/Is it possible - To create groups to seat/unseat enmass?

To cannons, puckles, balistra etc? 

It's becoming a real chore having to seat/unseat 35 npcs from cannons everytime I stop at an island to repair etc.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Martyn said:

To cannons, puckles, balistra etc? 

It's becoming a real chore having to seat/unseat 35 npcs from cannons everytime I stop at an island to repair etc.

Why do you unseat all those NPCs?

1 hour ago, Willard said:

Why do you unseat all those NPCs?

Maybe the Same Reasoni do. I need to keep my Gold together, if i dont want to Farm all the Time.

So whats the Answer? I also want to know!

If you want to unseat NPC's so that they aren't using a cannon/swivel/ballista just hold N for 3 seconds but remember to whistle passive so they don't freak out trying to kill fish under the boat.  I believe right shift puts them back on the last cannon they were on.

52 minutes ago, Jorm said:

Maybe the Same Reasoni do. I need to keep my Gold together, if i dont want to Farm all the Time.

So whats the Answer? I also want to know!

Ye its completely logical once you stop in your harbor I and go offline, but stoping on random island for repairs for like 10 minutes? 

Never mind 🙂  I didn´t know that trick with an N, thanks Vaenix 🙂 

Edited by Willard

1 hour ago, Vaenix said:

If you want to unseat NPC's so that they aren't using a cannon/swivel/ballista just hold N for 3 seconds but remember to whistle passive so they don't freak out trying to kill fish under the boat.  I believe right shift puts them back on the last cannon they were on.

Do you know if this works for sails to?

We have a Galleon that we use to transport stuff about, so no where near the crew needed for war, we have one per sail.  I guess when we stop at land, we unseat the crew to make repairs, but that's about it.  Wonder if right shift puts em all back on the last sail seats they were on to.......  hmm..

Ok if right shift is default, what's the command it is default tied to anyone know?  My right shift activates my sprint toggle.

45 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Do you know if this works for sails to?

We have a Galleon that we use to transport stuff about, so no where near the crew needed for war, we have one per sail.  I guess when we stop at land, we unseat the crew to make repairs, but that's about it.  Wonder if right shift puts em all back on the last sail seats they were on to.......  hmm..

This does nothing to the guys on sails, just the guys doing cannon work and so on.  I usually just whistle "y" on one of the crew so they can make repairs.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

This does nothing to the guys on sails, just the guys doing cannon work and so on.  I usually just whistle "y" on one of the crew so they can make repairs.

Pretty much what I have been doing..  two or three seem to be enough to keep things in check...  but RPing somewhat do like to drag the crew in deck before logging out of the base boat lol.

Thanks for the reply Vaenix-

I T whistle to get NPCs off sails they come to me, unlike unseating them which sometimes makes them float or sink off into infinity lol

Ok got it working, the command line is for Red Alert, used from Steering Wheel.  Default is rightshift to reseat cannons. Hold N to de seat.

I've remapped Red alert to G and kept N for off and it works fine, there's a 30 second delay between unseating and reseating.

For sails I have to do it manually.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Vaenix said:

This, you need to do this.

Land npcs needto be assigned to tame groups. Also whistle all passive asap so they don't attack sea fish.

Edited by gnihar

Yeh the problem is, you get some noob hit J and all your crewmen go chasing after them.. So we set crewmen to ignore all group orders.  This then means on using captains orders to unseat that we can't then whistle all passive.

There needs to be a completely seperate capt order to just unseat/reseat crewmen, and not change the current aggression level.  The current system is purely designed for pvp gameplay, to allow all crewmen to get into the fight if there's ship to ship melee combat.  This is completely useless in pve or pvpve.

Edited by Martyn