Sign in to follow this  
HM7

Peace Time for everyone

pls make it so that anchored ships are also protected from settlement owner in peace phase.

with the mega update it was said that life should be more comfortable for solo players and small companies but the truth is that it is only more comfortable for companies that are big enough to support an island while for solo players like me it is still the same hardcore pvp (after the rollback of the changes to freeport decay) with no safe place like it was from the start. If the peace phase is for everyone (which is only fair in my opinion) i know that my ship is save after i suffered through the 15 min it takes to fully anchor it and i could travel the world like i would like to.

No.

The owner need to can destroy structure / ships that it don't want on is island.

It's allready hard for eject toxic player from island we have so there ship are protected that infini respawn...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Meriamon said:

No.

The owner need to can destroy structure / ships that it don't want on is island.

It's allready hard for eject toxic player from island we have so there ship are protected that infini respawn...

with toxic players you mean the players that have the impudence to walk across your island in peace time, not able to destroy anything and you cannot punish them?

in my opinion toxic players are the asshole settlement owners like you

as a settlement owner you even have the possibility to change the peace time out of nowhere once a week to surprise unsuspecting others from behind

Edited by HM7

32 minutes ago, HM7 said:

with toxic players you mean the players that have the impudence to walk across your island in peace time, not able to destroy anything and you cannot punish them?

in my opinion toxic players are the asshole settlement owners like you

as a settlement owner you even have the possibility to change the peace time out of nowhere once a week to surprise unsuspecting others from behind

How is he toxic in that response? He only said its hard to keep toxic players away and owner needs to have some tools to get rid of them. How did you figure out he is an asshole owner?

Edited by Willard

Listen to these entitled kids who do not pay for an island and instead ride off of someone else coattails then demand more privileges when paying zero gold. How about this if you want to make all the rules go get your own island. My group started out as only 2 people and we easily took control of an island and held it still to this day. There is so many ways to get gold it is easily possible to do. Stop crying about it and make your own way if you don't like it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zwt2135 said:

Listen to these entitled kids who do not pay for an island and instead ride off of someone else coattails then demand more privileges when paying zero gold. How about this if you want to make all the rules go get your own island. My group started out as only 2 people and we easily took control of an island and held it still to this day. There is so many ways to get gold it is easily possible to do. Stop crying about it and make your own way if you don't like it.

you talking to me moron? Let me tell my painful story then. I actually claimed an island by myself for 76 gold for 12 hours and managed to keep it for a week or so to save my ship there when i was  going to work. it was perfectly close to a freeport so that i could keep my ship in the freeport over the night when i sleep and drive it over to my island in 10 min in the morning to save my ship for the 11 hours i spend to pay my landlord in fucking real life. but then someone came in the night in combat phase and just claimed it away from me in 2 hours.

So i tried to be a humble settler at an island which had the almost perfect peace time for me (one of the very few of the hundreds of island) and it was ok for the people who owned it for a while. But then they decided otherwise for some reason and simply killed me in peace time without a warning.

So it is simple as that if they dont change it i cant play this game anymore

Clearly I'm talking to you how do you not realize that? Who is the real moron. Bro honestly that's part of the game this care bear attitude everyone has needs to go. Learn how to play solo which is absolutely possible or go get friends who can help you. Why should we all compromise our game play because one sour cry baby lost a ship so now he needs a 24/7 safe space.

There doesn't seem to be any way to make this a good idea. Enemies could amass ships on the island in peace time, anchored, invincible... just licking their chops for the second that combat phase starts. This would be far too dangerous for the settlement owners

You need to find a different island that won't treat you poorly, or join another group.

You need to come up with something different (and specific) for a way to make that work

• Like 3

i would prefer a server setting that does only allow base raiding with a war declaration and a time to prepare.
that would be a real server for smaller companies to play together with the larger ones. no offline raiding as you know when you need to be wary and more pvp with players being online. the 24/7 or time window guarding of all your stuff and especially those vulnerable ships is the main reason that is turning solo and small groups from the game.

ships are quiet a rare sight in this game while everything is build over with giant walls... its more like an island simulator with ships being used as rarely as possible and quickly put away again.
even if sometime someone breaks a wall of your base and spills the resources from your smithy on the ground so they decay thats something people can live with as they do in ark but its quiet easy to put a hole into a ship and make it sink being completely lost (ships being also way more expensive than a functional base). if it would take a lot more effort to sink a ship (plus making it harder to repair to keep the balance) people would bring them out more often and go exploring, trading, pirating and stuff instead of sitting in bases behind walls if playing at all. Sticking to a land base being mandatory is taking a lot from the game that could be.

if ships are protected while save anchored there could be an option for island owners to tow them in the anchor able area around an island. of course there needs to be a mechanic that allows to tow ships for this but it would be a reasonable solution to exploiting of any protection mechanic.

7 hours ago, HM7 said:

you talking to me moron? Let me tell my painful story then. I actually claimed an island by myself for 76 gold for 12 hours and managed to keep it for a week or so to save my ship there when i was  going to work. it was perfectly close to a freeport so that i could keep my ship in the freeport over the night when i sleep and drive it over to my island in 10 min in the morning to save my ship for the 11 hours i spend to pay my landlord in fucking real life. but then someone came in the night in combat phase and just claimed it away from me in 2 hours.

So i tried to be a humble settler at an island which had the almost perfect peace time for me (one of the very few of the hundreds of island) and it was ok for the people who owned it for a while. But then they decided otherwise for some reason and simply killed me in peace time without a warning.

You can try different island with a different owner. If you cross an asshole owner that does not mean all owners are like this. Actually its quite rare to find asshole like this. If you want a place to live come to i7 EU PvP, we got big, pretty rich island where you can live. We protect our island as a whole.

Edited by Willard

21 hours ago, HM7 said:

pls make it so that anchored ships are also protected from settlement owner in peace phase.

with the mega update it was said that life should be more comfortable for solo players and small companies but the truth is that it is only more comfortable for companies that are big enough to support an island while for solo players like me it is still the same hardcore pvp (after the rollback of the changes to freeport decay) with no safe place like it was from the start. If the peace phase is for everyone (which is only fair in my opinion) i know that my ship is save after i suffered through the 15 min it takes to fully anchor it and i could travel the world like i would like to.

And how exactly are island-owner supposed to:

- defend against the enemy placing tons of ships around the entire island during peace-time creating invinite respawn points? Since that would not be possible the only way to fix that for an Island Owner would be to ramp up defences so that NO ship at all can even approach the Island. Completly fortify the Island and nuke every ship that comes into render-range. I fail to see how this would help your cause at all?

- get rid of players that: park their ship on purpose in front of a harbor-entrance or other critical structures or blocking ships of other visitors (that one you can actually see a LOT)

BTW most island owners have ZERO issue if someone parks their ship for a while IF the ppl ask beforehand and don't be a douche. Same goes also for building. As long ppl talk and don't have attitude-issues there is np to find many spots to park & life.

Edited by Sinappia
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Willard said:

You can try different island with a different owner. If you cross an asshole owner that does not mean all owners are like this. Actually its quite rare to find asshole like this. If you want a place to live come to i7 EU PvP, we got big, pretty rich island where you can live. We protect our island as a whole.

Unless you got wiped by armada and cobra soon. Those guys have huge numbers and are hell bent on wiping the I.

34 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Unless you got wiped by armada and cobra soon. Those guys have huge numbers and are hell bent on wiping the I.

They already tried and failed 😉 moreover they are under attack from another mega rn. 

Edited by Willard

the beiggest thinbg you can do is talk to the owner is they see you talking in gobal chat and you r ok and you follow there rules like don't build on metal spawns and what not they will be more then happy to host you trust me they want you more then you want them

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HM7 said:

We're looking for a few settlers for our island. If you are interested, PM me. We have a grid alliance as well and are on good terms with about everyone in nearby zones.

17 hours ago, Leapdave said:

There doesn't seem to be any way to make this a good idea. Enemies could amass ships on the island in peace time, anchored, invincible... just licking their chops for the second that combat phase starts. This would be far too dangerous for the settlement owners

if an enemy company is big enough to amass as many ships in peace phase that you could not prepare for that you would lose the fight vs them in anyway even if they didnt use such tactics and they even lose the element of surprise

Edited by HM7

7 minutes ago, HM7 said:

you would lose the fight vs them in anyway 

You would absolutely not lose that fight *anyway* because you have mortars

It takes time to get your attacks in position and having the entire enemy force there all at once is the exact goal of "the element of surprise"... you don't need the surprise at that point

34 minutes ago, Leapdave said:

It takes time to get your attacks in position and having the entire enemy force there all at once is the exact goal of "the element of surprise"... you don't need the surprise at that point

i disagree. if you have the numbers and you see exactly what the enemy is fielding where you have time to set up the perfect counters and also unopposed because of peace time

Edited by HM7

I understand your pain Mr HM7. Nonetheless, for a solo player at this type of game, you will have a hard time. ALWAYS. You will reach a point where you don't have enough points to learn everything you need. From taming, ships, cannons, armor, farming, weapons, etc. You should really get 3 or 4 more people AT LEAST to play with. Or you will eventually leave the game cause you cannot do what you wanna do and it will make you frustrated. You like the game, but you will eventually drop it

Just from HM7 post I can pretty much see why they decided they didnt want him there, Just my 2 cents

People love blaming others for the drama they are embroiled in when all they have to do is look in the mirror. 

Edited by DocHolliday

On 5/3/2019 at 11:40 AM, Willard said:

They already tried and failed 😉 moreover they are under attack from another mega rn. 

Think I saw over 100 people on I7 a day ago, and I think I can tell for certainty what zerg dwells there now. It looks problematic for tennants to cope with constant enemy zerg ships and attacks there, and 30% is not a small tax number. Good luck in attracting tennants though; hopefully next big patch attracts more people in Atlas, we all need fresh blood.

3 hours ago, gnihar said:

Think I saw over 100 people on I7 a day ago, and I think I can tell for certainty what zerg dwells there now. It looks problematic for tennants to cope with constant enemy zerg ships and attacks there, and 30% is not a small tax number. Good luck in attracting tennants though; hopefully next big patch attracts more people in Atlas, we all need fresh blood.

That was another try from them, they failed again 😄 They are a bit demotivated rn. 

Edited by Willard

5 hours ago, Willard said:

That was another try from them, they failed again 😄 They are a bit demotivated rn. 

That would be too much action for me; hats down to you for whitstanding that much of it. They have numbers but they suck obviously. Good luck in your holy war 😉