Sign in to follow this  
zwt2135

All seated NPC take no damage from guns

Why was this change introduced into the game? I thought it was dumb even with puckels but now all seated npc on land or boats are not able to be killed without destroying what they are seated on? How does this improve the game for anyone. We already have a peace time where you can not get attacked. This absolutely kills raiding and boarding ships. This types of dumb changes make me question why I play this game. If I wanted to only have ship vs ship combat from a distance there are plenty of other games that focus on just this and do it well. This change is absolutely not needed what so ever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have no problems with shooting NPCs from sails/cannons/swivels. 

53 minutes ago, Willard said:

I have no problems with shooting NPCs from sails/cannons/swivels. 

Strange, as this should no longer be possible after the patch.

25 minutes ago, Talono said:

Strange, as this should no longer be possible after the patch.

Oh sorry guys, my bad. I didn't read the latest patch notes.

If that prevent somes exploits or cheats for easly  kill all NPC on a base, that's a good patch and less toxic players.

How does this prevent exploits or cheats? What it does prevent is anyone ever being able to board a ship during ship to ship combat. I think nothing should be invincible but my god if your going to make this change at least make it so it only applies on land or anchored ships. Let ships that are free on the sea be able to be boarded.

Edited by zwt2135

12 hours ago, zwt2135 said:

Why was this change introduced into the game? I thought it was dumb even with puckels but now all seated npc on land or boats are not able to be killed without destroying what they are seated on? How does this improve the game for anyone. We already have a peace time where you can not get attacked. This absolutely kills raiding and boarding ships. This types of dumb changes make me question why I play this game. If I wanted to only have ship vs ship combat from a distance there are plenty of other games that focus on just this and do it well. This change is absolutely not needed what so ever.

I agree 100% why is this a change... wtf is the point... to further make GUNs useless and force us to use combat pets and bows as the only means to pvp.... I literally was about to log into the game... but I think I am done now... this was bar far the dumbest thing I have seen on these forums and it its been nothing but dumb shit posted on here.  I'd say good luck, but you guys need brains not luck.

• Like 1

I experimented with this last night, it appeared as though seated npcs are immune to everything, tried flaming arrows, swords, blackjack. 

Finally, I welcome this change. Sick and tired of small ass trolls pot shotting my sail npcs. Come, and fight me, chickens, if you want to kill my cannons.

1 hour ago, wintericem107 said:

it prevent aimbots from raiding by murdering all the npc defenders

show us on the doll where the aimbotter touched you...

No dude its a terrible change. If the game is fundamentally broken aka aim botters the solution isn't to make things invincible its to fix the cheating/ban the cheaters. This completely destroys a gameplay style. If you like boarding ships then one grapeshot swivel will destroy this completely. This is a terrible change and its one more of the devs dumb ideas that kills the game for a lot of people who like to play the game a certain way.

22 hours ago, zwt2135 said:

How does this prevent exploits or cheats? What it does prevent is anyone ever being able to board a ship during ship to ship combat. I think nothing should be invincible but my god if your going to make this change at least make it so it only applies on land or anchored ships. Let ships that are free on the sea be able to be boarded.

It make the aim bot useless.

No it does not.  Static NPC's are much easier to hit and less impacted by aimbots. 

I dislike this change quite a bit.  Slowly but surely all PvP elements are being removed or weakened.  Taking an island from someone is becoming more and more difficult by the day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DilBert said:

It make the aim bot useless.

Use your head. They will just aimbot your character who's is driving the boat.....