Captain Jack Shadow

Please fix this nonsense...soon.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:48 PM, trqfreak350 said:

Relax man, it's a video game, don't lose sight of that

no, its a product, one for wich we paid.

with developers that are actively working on adding content...

thats factually wrong, they spent 6 of the last 10 months working on the console version of Atlas, not in content, not even in anything pc version related

but there isn't a point of fixing every little "non-gamebreaking" little thing

there is, is called polish, is called being professional, and how elements are defined to atach to eachother is something so fundamental that you dont even need to delay its improvement because of the development itself. thats like building a house with a poor base and saying is because you might want to remodelate the upper rooms in the future.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, trqfreak350 said:

okay, don't pre plan and keep running into the same problems, if you're such a great developer, and coder, why don't you volunteer your time to fix said bugs?

yeah because lets work for free now? holy molly today's society...

On 5/8/2019 at 11:08 AM, trqfreak350 said:

clearly we all know that the long term fix is to fix the collision on it, a workaround is a workaround, why make everything into such a big deal, i've ripped apart ships to place things, i've torn bases apart because of bad collision, and placement issues, it is what it is. use the workaround

because it not about the game having 1 issue, is about the game itself being a compilation of unresolved issues that continue unresolved because the bastards decided to stop working on the pc version of atlas to ficus on the xbox version.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:47 AM, trqfreak350 said:

patience is key. besides if previous titles show what's coming you're going to be starting all kinds of ranty threads.

what previous titles show is how companies abuse the patiece you talk about to deliver crapy half baked products.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

thats factually wrong, they spent 6 of the last 10 months working on the console version of Atlas, not in content, not even in anything pc version related

Better read the patch notes then, I thing you missed a few hundred things.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Better read the patch notes then, I thing you missed a few hundred things.

i dont need to,

-how many type of ships did we have at start? 4 (raft doesnt rly count), how many we have now after 10 months? 4

-how many different sea activities have been added to the sea in the last 10 months? none

if you are considering a "water mule" content, well you might just want to go farmville, at least thats a finished game, and dont get me wrong you are welcome here, but if your interests swing to the farming/taming side there are much better game for that than atlas.

• Like 1

Dude why you quoting 5 month old comments and arguing with them. Jesus christ on the crack cocaine...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/16/2019 at 5:22 PM, The D Legacy said:

no, its a product, one for wich we paid.

there is, is called polish, is called being professional, and how elements are defined to atach to eachother is something so fundamental that you dont even need to delay its improvement because of the development itself. thats like building a house with a poor base and saying is because you might want to remodelate the upper rooms in the future.

yeah because lets work for free now? holy molly today's society...

because it not about the game having 1 issue, is about the game itself being a compilation of unresolved issues that continue unresolved because the bastards decided to stop working on the pc version of atlas to ficus on the xbox version.

what previous titles show is how companies abuse the patiece you talk about to deliver crapy half baked products.

Quoting from May 8th as If it's still relevent, you're a little behind the times here. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, trqfreak350 said:

Quoting from May 8th as If it's still relevent, you're a little behind the times here. 

and you know what funny? it hasnt been fixed yet!! 🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

and you know what funny? it hasnt been fixed yet!! 🤣

And you know whats even funnier.. the game is STILL in early access.. how bout that lmao

Edited by XxMayhemxX
spelling

1 minute ago, XxMayhemxX said:

And you know whats even funnier.. the game is STILL in early access.. how bout that lmao

and you know what even better? you will still look for excuses even when its officially released in a pityfull state, why? because thats what mediocrity and comformism are all about.

2 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

and you know what even better? you will still look for excuses even when its officially released in a pityfull state, why? because thats what mediocrity and comformism are all about.

excuses for why their are bugs still when its out of early access?  lmao why would i do that.   Triple AAA titles that are amazing have bugs... Its part of gaming.. get used to it bud.. ive been gaming since 1990..   Im used to it.   Why don't you go into programming and singlehandely fix the problems with the developers these days then..  Get on it.. or ppl like you will start complaining to you..

29 minutes ago, XxMayhemxX said:

Its part of gaming..

mediocity: Complacence with the current state of things

get used to it bud..

Conformism: Acceptance of low standars

Why don't you go into programming and singlehandely fix the problems with the developers these days then.. 

i already singlehandedly do my job to my utmost, and the last thing you will recieve from me is mediocre labour

excuses for why their are bugs still when its out of early access?

you are looking at a piece of a puzzle here, this topic is nothing but a grain of sand in the desert that atlas is, i assume you are new here, so i will suggest you to inform yourself about the current state of the game, the actions taken by the developers and how that fits the current state of the gaming industry, when you see the whole picture you will see my point.

or ppl like you will start complaining to you..

whats the problem with that? complaining is feedback and feedback makes you better, unless:

A) The feedback is void of argumentation (wich is not the case since i have given tons and tons of fact based arguments in this forum)

B) Your ego is bigger than your brain, in that case you will get oversensitive and offended by criticism wich will blind you and render you unable to move forward

PS: i will share with you other games that have the same developing state than atlas:

-7 days to die: Zombie survival, alpha state of development, much more polished and well designed than atlas.

-Satisfactory: Factory simulator with open map exploration, Beta state of development, much more polished and well designed than atlas.

-Oxygen not included: Strategy/colony management simulator, Beta state of development, much more polished and well designed than atlas.

all of these are early access games, all of them are games worth their price every penny, they are in early acces because they stil lack that bit of optimization/content (and one bug here one there) that comes in the late phase of development, atlas was not even a game when it was sold as early access, it was designed as an ARK DLC but sold as a new game, the examples above are early access, atlas is not, it is a scam.

Edited by The D Legacy

idiotic drivel.. breaking down each of my sentences into each word you think best fits...  your other posts suggest you play the game.... why tho??  why don't you stop playing..  and stop coming here..  judging by your other posts, it seems your kinda salty from the game trolling you, so your coming on here to troll ? 

Like i said.. therte are other Triple A games.. top games in history.. with bugs.. however minor they may be.. its a thing since the early days of gaming.. nothing new.  And the game isn't finished..  thats why its called early access..  Once it is out of early access and finished.. there will still be patches to fix things, like any other game nowadays.

You use 7Days as an example.. I believe they are still updating and patching, and adding things..   In this day and age games are rarely done.  Especially with these smaller teams from non AAA games.

16 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

"the examples above are early access, atlas is not, it is a scam."

yet your here.. and still playing it..   

1 hour ago, XxMayhemxX said:

idiotic drivel.. breaking down each of my sentences into each word you think best fits... 

i was highlighting the key words, and i didnt decontextualize anything so i dont see the problem, other than you being frustrated by your own lack of a counter argument

your other posts suggest you play the game.... why tho??  why don't you stop playing..  and stop coming here..  judging by your other posts, it seems your kinda salty from the game trolling you, so your coming on here to troll ?

wrong again, my posts suggest i played the game, yes the past tense of play, havent touched this crap in several months, nor i will in the next months (or ever), i come here to educate people, forcing them to open their eyes to reality, the gaming industry is playing the game of indoctrinating us into a culture of conformism and mediocrity so they can do as they please, i wont let that happen, as long as i can do something about it i will, even if it means that i have to argue with trolls and haters,

Like i said.. therte are other Triple A games.. top games in history.. with bugs.. however minor they may be..

and like i said this aint about bugs alone, bugs is only 10% of whats wrong with this game, still 10% is worth mentioning

the game isn't finished..  thats why its called early access..  Once it is out of early access and finished.. there will still be patches to fix things

so you are factualy admiting your own excuse for the current state (being in early access) wont make a difference at all after the game is finally released

You use 7Days as an example.. I believe they are still updating and patching, and adding things..   In this day and age games are rarely done.  Especially with these smaller teams from non AAA games.

yes, as i mentioned above they are in alpha stage of development, whats your point?

yet your here.. and still playing it

nope, as i said i am not, why would i play this having 7 days to die, exygen not included and satisfactory???

PS: if you tought blocking me would stop me from quoting you, well you are deeply mistaken  😃

1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

i was highlighting the key words, and i didnt decontextualize anything so i dont see the problem, other than you being frustrated by your own lack of a counter argument

wrong again, my posts suggest i played the game, yes the past tense of play, havent touched this crap in several months, nor i will in the next months (or ever), i come here to educate people, forcing them to open their eyes to reality, the gaming industry is playing the game of indoctrinating us into a culture of conformism and mediocrity so they can do as they please, i wont let that happen, as long as i can do something about it i will, even if it means that i have to argue with trolls and haters,

and like i said this aint about bugs alone, bugs is only 10% of whats wrong with this game, still 10% is worth mentioning

so you are factualy admiting your own excuse for the current state (being in early access) wont make a difference at all after the game is finally released

yes, as i mentioned above they are in alpha stage of development, whats your point?

nope, as i said i am not, why would i play this having 7 days to die, exygen not included and satisfactory???

PS: if you tought blocking me would stop me from quoting you, well you are deeply mistaken  😃

i didnt block you lmao

On 10/18/2019 at 10:21 AM, XxMayhemxX said:

excuses for why their are bugs still when its out of early access?  lmao why would i do that.   Triple AAA titles that are amazing have bugs... Its part of gaming.. get used to it bud.. ive been gaming since 1990..   Im used to it.   Why don't you go into programming and singlehandely fix the problems with the developers these days then..  Get on it.. or ppl like you will start complaining to you..

I've gamed as long as you have, or longer, and I assure you that games were not as buggy as they are now.  They also used to pay testers until they learned that they could get us to do it for free, and then they stopped worrying about fixing bugs, when they realized people would still buy their buggy games.  The bugs that made it through in the past, were minor.  But, putting together buildings in this game, is a central aspect of the game.  Everything hinges on that, and when you simply can't create a building, and you get half finished, or more, before you find things that prevent you from finishing the building...no...that's game breaking.  Know what else is game breaking?  We moved to a new location several tiles away.  So I load up my two bears...bears that took days to breed and imprint, and then weeks to get to near maxxed out, but they disappear on the ship, so you don't know if they are there or not.  Then, all of the animals, two small pets, and one bear reappear, but the better of the two bears is gone.  Just glitched off the ship.  Sorry, but that is simply unacceptable.  That's weeks of time that is just gone, for no reason other than crappy code.  I can live with the glitch at sea, where you submerge under water, and the you get that twitch that won't go away until you restart the game.  That's just irritating, but I can live with it.  But tames that just disappear because you dared to take them on a ship and cross boundaries...that is a central mechanic of the game, and it's broke as fuck.  But, if I report this missing bear, will the Devs use admin powers to give it back?  Not a chance.  And you wonder why people aren't flocking back to this game?

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

Everybody that thought this game would not get through the exact same treatment with Bugs and glitches like Ark did has no common sense. It´s basically the same People that did Ark, they are still not really good at programming let alone setting priorities right. What they look for the most is MONEY and not Fixing their product 😉 It´s sad and a shame but I for myself just accepted it and deal with whatever bug I encounter. I knew when I bought Atlas what I was getting into so for me the frustration is minimal cause honestly I even expected more gamebreaking Bugs. 

I would love if Grapeshot would prove me wrong and fix everything before asking for more Money because DLCs will come and they won´t be free but I doubt it

On 11/13/2019 at 11:04 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I've gamed as long as you have, or longer, and I assure you that games were not as buggy as they are now.  They also used to pay testers until they learned that they could get us to do it for free, and then they stopped worrying about fixing bugs, when they realized people would still buy their buggy games.  The bugs that made it through in the past, were minor.  But, putting together buildings in this game, is a central aspect of the game.  Everything hinges on that, and when you simply can't create a building, and you get half finished, or more, before you find things that prevent you from finishing the building...no...that's game breaking.  Know what else is game breaking?  We moved to a new location several tiles away.  So I load up my two bears...bears that took days to breed and imprint, and then weeks to get to near maxxed out, but they disappear on the ship, so you don't know if they are there or not.  Then, all of the animals, two small pets, and one bear reappear, but the better of the two bears is gone.  Just glitched off the ship.  Sorry, but that is simply unacceptable.  That's weeks of time that is just gone, for no reason other than crappy code.  I can live with the glitch at sea, where you submerge under water, and the you get that twitch that won't go away until you restart the game.  That's just irritating, but I can live with it.  But tames that just disappear because you dared to take them on a ship and cross boundaries...that is a central mechanic of the game, and it's broke as fuck.  But, if I report this missing bear, will the Devs use admin powers to give it back?  Not a chance.  And you wonder why people aren't flocking back to this game?

older games also took less work, not as complicated programming, and were finished quicker and easier to fix as well..  Games , with time, are only getting more complicated and time consuming to make.   Some dev teams nowadays are made up of multiple diff teams based in diff studios to make games for some AAA titles.

Its an unfinished game.. in early access.. not everything is gonna work right..  Bugs may pop up as they continue to work on it.. old bug, new bugs.. glitches, etc.  Its life with an early access uncompleted game...    Im wowed at the number of ppl who just ignore that fact and expect it to work perfect...       

Edited by XxMayhemxX

2 hours ago, XxMayhemxX said:

Im wowed at the number of ppl who just ignore that fact and expect it to work perfect...       

I understand that.  I take that into account.  It's not about EA, it's about the same mistakes being made over and over, and the fact is, these types of games tend to attract a lot of interest in the beginning, but die off very quickly, and that is for multiple reasons.

Why do people buy these games?

1. Something in the trailer made them believe it was going to be a fun enjoyable experience.
  2. They greatly overestimate how well they will be able to do in the game.
  3. They might not have experience with these kinds of games, but something made them try it.
  4. Their friends talked them into it, or their gaming squad decides to try it.

Why do so many people who buy these games, leave the game in a short period of time.

1. They aren't having fun.
  2. Their clan is constantly getting kicked around. (Nobody will stick around for that, for long.)
  3. They quickly learn that this type of game isn't for them.
  4. Their friends weren't having fun, and left.

Why might they not be having fun?  I can write a novel on that.  Suffice it to say that this kind of game attracts a lot of people who also like single player RPGs.  A game like this is trying to mix RPG elements, into a PvP experience, and frankly, that JUST DOES NOT WORK SO WELL.  Many players have this strong sense of entitlement to have advantages because they have been here longer.  But, those advantages equate to the game being so imbalanced that a newer player, or somebody who doesn't have half the hours to game as another guy, will be at an insurmountable disadvantage.  For instance, we got raided.  I play as much as I can, but it's not enough to keep up with the guys playing all the time.  Such that I was mid 40s level when 6 players invaded that were 90s level.  Their time in the game made it such that I had zero chance against them.  Include that I was spec'd for getting things done for the company, but these guys were spec'd for combat.  Add in that when they attacked, they had all the goodies...alcohol, pudding, etc...  They were also carrying an absurd number of grenades.  In short, my defeat is hard coded into the game.  They had many more achievements, giving them more bonuses, and their higher levels gave them far more health, stamina, feats, etc...  A fight with one of them ends just one way for me.  There is no getting around that.   When that raid happened, it took the wind out of my sails.  My thinking?  What's the point.  Why even bother.  All I am doing is providing fun for somebody else, while experiencing nothing but frustration myself.

Meanwhile, two weeks ago, my Star Citizen group did a 25 vs 25 ground combat event with another Organization, and we won both rounds.  The first one was close, but the second one, we literally only lost one guy, but took out the entire opposing team.  The first round was close because we used the same tactics, leaving it up to random chance and shooter skill.  The second round, we made better decisions, which allowed us to get to the objective first, and so we had the defender's advantage.  And yet, everyone on both teams felt like it was a lot of fun, and want to do it again.  But then, the set-up wasn't that we were in heavy armor, with them in light, and us using heavy weapons, while they used SMGs and pistols.  In other words, we had basically the same gear.  It was equal, it was fair, and this allowed the first round to be very close.  Even the second round was fun.  We were getting hit, but had better terrain to work with.  The winner wasn't decided before the event even started, but in Atlas, when you have a Mythical Ship vs a Common, or even a Masterwork, it's decided before the shooting even starts.  When one fighter on the ground runs into another, and one is level 90 and spec'd for combat, and the other is level 45, and not spec'd for combat, the end is decided before the fighting even starts.

Then you add in how you can work for months to get a base built, resources gathered, BPs gathered, maps gathered, ships built, tames tamed and bred, and in one day, a stronger Company can wipe you out, leaving you to start all over again.  I have seen that take the wind out of the sails of many people.  It has come to the point that I realize that our company is still on the island it is on, simply because the bigger companies just haven't decided they want our island yet.

In short, the game just isn't fun.  And when you have to deal with long standing bugs, like putting foundations down, and then one just won't snap, saying it's blocked, or tames disappearing off of ships for no reason, etc...  I could care less about new content.  I want bugs fixed, and better game mechanics.  Mechanics that make the game more fun for everybody and put an emphasis on skill, not time in game.

The good news for me is that Star Citizen 3.8 is very close to being finished and it has a ton of new content and bug fixes.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2019 at 5:50 AM, The D Legacy said:

if your interests swing to the farming/taming side there are much better game for that than atlas. 

There are also much better games for PvP.  The movements of people are weird and glitchy.  It would be challenging to hit them with an assault rifle, let alone a single shot pistol, carbine, or boy and arrow.

This game is horrible for PvP because the mechanics make it such that many battles are decided by those mechanics, not player skill.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

There are also much better games for PvP.  The movements of people are weird and glitchy.  It would be challenging to hit them with an assault rifle, let alone a single shot pistol, carbine, or boy and arrow.

This game is horrible for PvP because the mechanics make it such that many battles are decided by those mechanics, not player skill.

Very good points you made in your posts! Especially the point that lower Level players are immediately at a disadvantage against higher Level Players. Of Course some would argue that the higher Level Player gain nothing from raiding lower Level players and therefore don´t raid them but the reality is that a lot of douchebags are playing those type of games and their only fun is stomping low level Players. 

We stopped playing official after one week of hardcore grinding (we had a week of vacation) and losing everything while offline in 2hours. EVERYTHING, every ship, Building, tame and loot we had. This is just nuts. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2019 at 2:38 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

i agree

Those last few points being made are pretty accurate..   Its not fun going on offical pvp servers and getting wiped constantly, or getting wiped once.. after putting in mad hours to make tech/metal massive bases.. thats why i dont play on official servers..    You'd be amazed at how much more fun it is to play on private servers.   just my opinion of course.  I even find unoffical pvp have danger as well.. just not as much or as often..  which is about the right amount for me.  Also i hide my base.. play solo..or in very small groups.. so we don't stick out like a sore thumb.  we seem to last wayy longer.. or never get wiped.