Captain Jack Shadow

Please fix this nonsense...soon.

20190501222021_1.jpg

20190430040046_1.jpg

20190430040053_1.jpg

20190430034459_1.jpg

20190429231227_1.jpg

It's really quite simple. Create a separate category for building structures, with different rules, if not already done.  Allow them to clip into the terrain, but not crafting or storage structures.  S+ has already done this for ARK when used as a mod.  Objects can clip, into terrain and other objects, but crafting and storage containers that clip even just a little bit into something else, cannot be accessed.  Thus no exploit.

But this current coding has created the situation above...access under a would be base structure, because you cannot close it off.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Please look into this, not only does it make for sketchy buildings, it doesn't even allow us to make nice builds, i have to use foundations instead of walls because they are the only components that have good terrain clipping. Its annonying.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, ponzischeme said:

Please look into this, not only does it make for sketchy buildings, it doesn't even allow us to make nice builds, i have to use foundations instead of walls because they are the only components that have good terrain clipping. Its annonying.

Even those have problems.

• Like 3

+1

Deffinatly could use a mega patch on all the structures and how they clip together. Not just on land, but on the boats as well. 

I think we could amooth things out and even add some more geometric shapes to build with.

Oh and while we are at it, lets put some defense back into the walls ffs. It is supposed to be stone, not paper mache.

• Like 4

I simply do not understand why they have not already fixed this.  If there is an exploit, and this is the fix...find a better fix, because this is unacceptable.

• Like 3

I +1 this to.  Sometimes you can sink a whole wall into terrain with a bit poking out, and other times, a pixel is obstructed and you can't place anything.  Particularly annoying on the Galleon to.  There are certain snap points introduced with some of the decking, but, sometimes, I don't want to add decking just to fill a gap.  Like the S+ stuff, that would be great.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

I +1 this to.  Sometimes you can sink a whole wall into terrain with a bit poking out, and other times, a pixel is obstructed and you can't place anything.

Sometimes, as can be seen above, the wall being placed, doesn't even touch the ground because the visual does not always follow the physical part of the terrain.  Fine, I can live with the visual not matching up perfectly, but allow us to sink foundations, walls, gate frames, gates, etc..into the terrain.  Building structures should NEVER get an obstructed message, except by Allied and Enemy structures.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow
  • Like 1

And a Z axis for foundations and a 30-60-90 triangle too.

PLEASE (and thank you)!

• Like 4

The snaps need a delay also.  So if you use Q to select a snap point, it should remain there for a time, so when you click to place, it doesn't jump to a new spot.

• Like 7

ive modded enough game maps to say alot of people just dont get how mindbogglingly huge this game is even just one tile, the devs dont have a magic app the highlights every bug conflict, even with a map editor shit that looks perfect can have boundry issues, and zooming in to the  level needed to find most of them would be like walking around an island and finding every clipping issue in game on foot. good luck! theres just too many to bother with.

They got waaaaay bigger bugs to fix imho

Edited by Remo
  • Haha 1

Can I just add to allow the bookshelf to go on a single deck?  I tried on the galleon and it will only go on a double height room.  The graphic easily fits, but I guess its hitbox is somewhat bigger...

:classic_sad:

• Like 3

I'm done.  Tired of the FRUSTRATION.

20190503051036_1.jpg

So I demolished some of the walls.

20190503051619_1.jpg

But still no luck.  Just plain tired of it. Never had this problem with ARK S+ Mod on unofficial.  Only ARK and Atlas official because reasons.  I can't secure my base, so I am simply done.

I don't need it to snap here.

20190503054310_1.jpg

Or here.

20190503054315_1.jpg

I need it to snap here.

20190503053916_1.jpg

Each side will snap into the spots I need, but only one at a time, as seen above.  This is just absolute garbage.  This was fixed by S+, and S+ is now owned by this company.  So why isn't it being used?

• Like 2

There are 2 mesh types, lol. Still a bug from ark. One will allow you to see thru it, while the other will sink your ship...

It's also the foundations on floors, they all go in until you get to the bloody last part, typical. When you put them down most are blue but then you get floor that dips slightly and it goes orange, you either have to put 2 down if possible which is a pain or scrap the idea.

Don't know why this wasn't fixed while we tested all this before the big update, should have been on the fix list when moving forwards with the big update.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

It's also the foundations on floors, they all go in until you get to the bloody last part, typical. When you put them down most are blue but then you get floor that dips slightly and it goes orange, you either have to put 2 down if possible which is a pain or scrap the idea.

Don't know why this wasn't fixed while we tested all this before the big update, should have been on the fix list when moving forwards with the big update.

Apparently, something as fundamental to the game, as being able to build structures, and secure your base, isn't a high enough priority.  I mean, it's literally the core mechanic of the game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I don't need it to snap here.

20190503054310_1.jpg

Or here.

20190503054315_1.jpg

I need it to snap here.

20190503053916_1.jpg

Each side will snap into the spots I need, but only one at a time, as seen above.  This is just absolute garbage.  This was fixed by S+, and S+ is now owned by this company.  So why isn't it being used?

If you put the gateway first, walls will snap into it. It's a good idea to build around your gate.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gadefence said:

If you put the gateway first, walls will snap into it. It's a good idea to build around your gate.

Which is the opposite of how it should work.  Gates should snap to proper sized openings.  Also, when I did remove all of the walls, it would no longer snap into the spot I needed it to snap into.  It would always try to put one of the legs, right in the middle of where the doorway needed to be.  Building bases is a core aspect of this game, thus this NEEDS to be fixed soon.  This is not something that needs to be polished later... it needs to be fixed soon.  The simple fact is that a gate should never get an obstructed message just because you are trying to snap it to an existing structure, and also, foundations, walls, ceilings, etc., should never get an obstructed message just because it is colliding with another building structure, such as a gate, wall or foundation.

The only exploit that I can think of was how in ARK, in the beginning, people were hiding things like mortar and pestle in between foundations, with just a sliver exposed for them to access.  Well S+ fixed that.  Crafting stations, and storage containers could no longer be accessed when more than a small fraction of it was colliding with another structure.  And frankly, if that is the exploit, I would rather have that, than the problems we have now, with the building system.

I find that the gate collision mesh for the small gateways seems to be slightly more than 1 piece higher than the top of the gate, so I have just been in the habit of removing anything 2 above it, or better yet placing it before I build above it, and then build back whatever I had to remove.

No excuse for the shoddiness, of course, but just a current workaround that works for me.

It's terribly frustrating to try to build even a simple large pen to keep tames safe with the strange obstructions and uneven terrain in the game.

I've heard they added undermesh character detection in Ark recently, so surely they can do the same in Atlas to keep people from living under the mesh with terrain collision off (which is probably the main concern).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Was this posted in the bug report section?

Pointless to put there.  They know about this issue.  It is a relic from ARK, and is not a secret.  The issue isn't that they need to be made aware that it is a problem...the issue is that they need to understand that it is a problem that can no longer be ignored.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 7:06 PM, KittyKisses said:

I've heard they added undermesh character detection in Ark recently, so surely they can do the same in Atlas to keep people from living under the mesh with terrain collision off (which is probably the main concern).

I assumed that the issue was the hiding of crafting stations and storage boxes, mostly embedded in the terrain.  But, it would make sense that this would be a temp fix for keeping people from living under the mesh.  However, if there is a more permanent fix, as you suggest, then they should use that.  I will say it again, Meta gamers and cheaters, ruin games.  It is up to the Devs to keep them from doing so.

If you want to be taken seriously drop the childish attention grabbing headlines and approach the issue like a professional.  Take your emotion out of it and show nothing but facts.  Threats of quitting the game and passive aggressive attacks tend to be ignored.  Its a self fulfilling prophecy. 

Having said that I do agree with you that these issues need to be looked at.  When?  Soon would be nice, but I do not know their scheduling.  Need to have the time and resources to dedicate to this issue.  I've been told some ARK mods seem to handle building better so maybe they can tap some of that experience.

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

If you want to be taken seriously drop the childish attention grabbing headlines and approach the issue like a professional.  Take your emotion out of it and show nothing but facts.  Threats of quitting the game and passive aggressive attacks tend to be ignored.  Its a self fulfilling prophecy. 

Having said that I do agree with you that these issues need to be looked at.  When?  Soon would be nice, but I do not know their scheduling.  Need to have the time and resources to dedicate to this issue.  I've been told some ARK mods seem to handle building better so maybe they can tap some of that experience.

Go bugger off,,,,  Everyone in this game can understand how frustrating the building is and we certainly don't need you white knighting!!!

• Like 1