50 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Good, I am glad it is getting boring for you. I never could understand the mentality of players that feel that they need to destroy everyone else's hard work unprovoked. What is the point in raiding anyways? You end up wasting time and resources and generally gain very little in return. You could have spent that time to farm loot from maps or resources for yourself and been better off. Maybe raiders with this kind of mentality will learn that ATLAS is not about raiding player's bases, it is about sailing the seas adventuring, exploring, and Ship-to-ship PVP combative encounters.

Raid gain could be huge. Gold for example.

• Like 1

Just now, gnihar said:

Raid gain could be huge. Gold for example.

NOT the point, my point was that you could easily farm that gold instead of the risk/effort for raiding bases as you never know which bases will payout.

2 hours ago, vaylain said:

NOT the point, my point was that you could easily farm that gold instead of the risk/effort for raiding bases as you never know which bases will payout.

It is a gamble, as many things in game are, but the gain could be huge indeed. Bigger than any thing else in game.

Personally I always need a reason, and my thrill is heavy defense in pvp.

Anyway, the game is dying.

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 1

All very good points. 

Id like the game to be more about skill at sea in pvp than raiding bases. If i wanted raiding on land id jst play ark tbh. Raiding is too easy. Griefing is still too easy. The very long combat phase still reduces players to sitting at their base or not committing to content via sailing due to the threat of being griefed or raided over a 9 hr period. I imagine that 9 hrs for a small company trying to defend must feel like eternity. Compound that with the fact that all they can really do is sit there and farm or sail to maybe a sector or two away incase they need to return at short notice must be very frustrating for those players. 

The fact that many players have a life outside atlas so that 9 hr period is the entirety of their playtime ( probably a little bit too much play time imo) i can see why people would get burnt out and eventually quit. They arent achieving anything. Theyre just defending, farming or rebuilding. I honestly feel sorry for them. 

Hence my post on being open to merging if you can. The game becomes 100 times better if you even have 10 active players. 30 actives and you are able to fight off and counter raid most companies ( including megas)  very very easilly. I understand that this playstyle may not be what alot of players want. That is totally fair. Unfortunatley in the games current state that is generally speaking the safest way to actually play the game rather than rebuildng constantly.

I really want people to enjoy playing this game. I feel bad that some people feel like this game is a full time job. 

When i say that your company name ( or title or whatever you want to call it) wont stop people griefing you. I mean that. Only smart players or numbers will protect you. Some other companies are just jerks for the sake of being jerks. They sink you and raid you because they can. If you fight back they come back with 10:1 ratio against you and they wipe you. They might do this becuase you won a fair fight at sea. Or becuase you sink their griefing galleon. But they keep coming. I suggest getting more allies and more players in you companies. It sucks i know. But you will start winning more and more fights against these jerks. They usually go attack someone smaller and easier when you start levelling the paying field. 

12 hours ago, Polar Express said:

All very good points. 

Id like the game to be more about skill at sea in pvp than raiding bases. If i wanted raiding on land id jst play ark tbh. Raiding is too easy. Griefing is still too easy. The very long combat phase still reduces players to sitting at their base or not committing to content via sailing due to the threat of being griefed or raided over a 9 hr period. I imagine that 9 hrs for a small company trying to defend must feel like eternity. Compound that with the fact that all they can really do is sit there and farm or sail to maybe a sector or two away incase they need to return at short notice must be very frustrating for those players. 

The fact that many players have a life outside atlas so that 9 hr period is the entirety of their playtime ( probably a little bit too much play time imo) i can see why people would get burnt out and eventually quit. They arent achieving anything. Theyre just defending, farming or rebuilding. I honestly feel sorry for them. 

Hence my post on being open to merging if you can. The game becomes 100 times better if you even have 10 active players. 30 actives and you are able to fight off and counter raid most companies ( including megas)  very very easilly. I understand that this playstyle may not be what alot of players want. That is totally fair. Unfortunatley in the games current state that is generally speaking the safest way to actually play the game rather than rebuildng constantly.

I really want people to enjoy playing this game. I feel bad that some people feel like this game is a full time job. 

When i say that your company name ( or title or whatever you want to call it) wont stop people griefing you. I mean that. Only smart players or numbers will protect you. Some other companies are just jerks for the sake of being jerks. They sink you and raid you because they can. If you fight back they come back with 10:1 ratio against you and they wipe you. They might do this becuase you won a fair fight at sea. Or becuase you sink their griefing galleon. But they keep coming. I suggest getting more allies and more players in you companies. It sucks i know. But you will start winning more and more fights against these jerks. They usually go attack someone smaller and easier when you start levelling the paying field. 

At this point, I have said my peace and have accepted the sad fact that the DEVs will continue to ignore the pleas and suggestions from their player base and are destined to run this game deep into the sea. RIP ATLAS!

I have already moved on to other games. Conan Exiles has been largely revamped and the modded community has done some really great work reviving that game. Crossing my fingers...

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, vaylain said:

At this point, I have said my peace and have accepted the sad fact that the DEVs will continue to ignore the pleas and suggestions from their player base and are destined to run this game deep into the sea. RIP ATLAS!

I have already moved on to other games. Conan Exiles has been largely revamped and the modded community has done some really great work reviving that game. Crossing my fingers...

Its a shame but you are correct. I hope atlas can offer something to the guys in your particular boat. Its a shame to lose so many players this way. The game has alot of promise. The devs just need to find more balance. I personally am gonna keep playing. Im still enjoying it at this stage. 

I hope the devs can figure this out and stop pandering to toxic players in an attempt to keep the 75 odd viewers on those streamers twitch streams happy. 

Stone aging every small company they see isnt helping their streams in the long run. Its just making people quit the game.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:35 AM, Polar Express said:

All very good points. 

This is why the game needs flexible war timer according to tribe size, island size, allied member count.

That means perma war for zerg companies with many allies, and way more peace fro small tribes.

15 hours ago, gnihar said:

This is why the game needs flexible war timer according to tribe size, island size, allied member count.

That means perma war for zerg companies with many allies, and way more peace fro small tribes.

That does nothing to help us on Lawless islands. I recommend an offline flag for all structures that is enabled once "all" members of the company which owns those structures have been offline for more than a certain period of time. Griefers and would-be-offline raiders alike can simply move on to molest and destroy other companies that are actually online and hopefully, in a better position to offer a meaningful PVP interaction.

Edited by vaylain

Agree combat phase should be shorter, more time to do other staffs for now it is all non stop preparation to defend island. PPl chosenone state combat of Island when they go sleep so when they go online it is combat phase, small groups are preparing to defend or battle at this time so they cant do other staffs like quests.

6 hours ago, vaylain said:

That does nothing to help us on Lawless islands. I recommend an offline flag for all structures that is enabled once "all" members of the company which owns those structures have been offline for more than a certain period of time. Griefers and would-be-offline raiders alike can simply move on to molest and destroy other companies that are actually online and hopefully, in a better position to offer a meaningful PVP interaction.

You live on pvp lawless? My condolences.

I suggest thinking of getting off lawless. If you think the tax rates are too high then live on lawless. But also live in constant fear. Some peace time is better than none. 

• Like 1

There are a variety of ways to play this game, and have fun doing it. Building on lawless . . . . on the beach . . . . may not be for you. if you've truly moved on to other games, why drag this thread on for so many days, claiming that the community is begging for these changes, when really, you are the primary one here defending that point? stop naming your boat "here for salt", stop solo farming, work at figuring out a way to play that you actually enjoy. just because people raid you, doesn't make it the equivalent of molesting, as you stated before. maybe just go back to stardew valley . . . peaceful farming

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 4:25 PM, Polar Express said:

I suggest thinking of getting off lawless. If you think the tax rates are too high then live on lawless. But also live in constant fear. Some peace time is better than none. 

Peace time is too valuable, and is worth some small tax rate IMO as well. Sad truth is, not only small companies, but also zerg companies who should fight other zerg, actually raid lawless for blueprints and gold. It is only matter of time. Seems lawless is meant for harvesting and temporary building only.

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 3:35 AM, gnihar said:

Peace time is too valuable, and is worth some small tax rate IMO as well. Sad truth is, not only small companies, but also zerg companies who should fight other zerg, actually raid lawless for blueprints and gold. It is only matter of time. Seems lawless is meant for harvesting and temporary building only.

100% agree. I do want people to be able to do whatever they want to do. Thats totally fine. They just need to make sure they understand the implications of living on lawless. The big companies rely on peace timers aswell. The tax rates are negligible at best when compared. 

I really liked being a renter personally. The island owners were very active during combat phase which meant my company could help defend and also rely on the island owners for help. The tax rate was 15% and the owners put most of that into island defense for the whole island ( my base included which was nice) 

When the question of merging came up it was a no brainer considering we were all working together to defend the island. My 2 man company merged and became a 10 man. We merged with more renters and we became a 16 man active company. After we proved ourselves we joined a mega. Now my 16 guys are a single autonomous crew in a full company with player cap alliances. 

All that started with 2 guys in a small trading company at the start of this wipe. 

I understand this wont work for everyone everytime. But i am saying be open to letting go of some small part of your company's identity ( the company name, maybe consider renting etc) to better ensure you win bigger in the long run. 

This is simply my company's story and how the peace phase on an island we were renters on helped us out personally with defence and diplomacy. 

2 hours ago, Polar Express said:

100% agree. I do want people to be able to do whatever they want to do. Thats totally fine. They just need to make sure they understand the implications of living on lawless. The big companies rely on peace timers aswell. The tax rates are negligible at best when compared. 

I really liked being a renter personally. The island owners were very active during combat phase which meant my company could help defend and also rely on the island owners for help. The tax rate was 15% and the owners put most of that into island defense for the whole island ( my base included which was nice) 

When the question of merging came up it was a no brainer considering we were all working together to defend the island. My 2 man company merged and became a 10 man. We merged with more renters and we became a 16 man active company. After we proved ourselves we joined a mega. Now my 16 guys are a single autonomous crew in a full company with player cap alliances. 

All that started with 2 guys in a small trading company at the start of this wipe. 

I understand this wont work for everyone everytime. But i am saying be open to letting go of some small part of your company's identity ( the company name, maybe consider renting etc) to better ensure you win bigger in the long run. 

This is simply my company's story and how the peace phase on an island we were renters on helped us out personally with defence and diplomacy. 

I had similar experience starting small, and was offered a position in zerg eventually, also automomous position as a ship captain, but my mates said they would stop or reduce playing if I merged, and they didn’t want anyone else to run them or use their stuff. Combine that with my inherent dislike for large groups of people and reluctance to do small talk and keep discord comms open to hear unimportant laughter, farts, belches, banter, fuck, off topic etc, we refused that offer and continued to play as small company owning a pvp island, with high ciiteria whom do we let in. Some people just want small tribes, and devs did promise something of a sort for us.

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 1