Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Can we start talking about lowering Map Size

After rocky start, focus on Gear and More Tames... your player base is bottoming out.

Can we take a serious look at what is healthy for the game, and appropriate size of world needed for PVP... I feel its too large for the current player base and is promoting stagnant growth.... 

We can argue all day PVE kids or you can stay out of my thread as this pertains to the only player base that can save this game. (PVPvE)  Thanks.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

I'm a pve kid and im not going to argue. I was actually just pondering making a thread that maybe they need to reconsider the decision of not putting up servers for the Iso Map coming out in June. I think they'll find more people jumping on that. My biggest issue rightnow on the PVE side of things is the discovery system is very cumbersome. I started on the 14 grids. Most islands im not even finding half of the discoveries for the region. It's dead silent on most grids. Any returning people or new people will think the game is dead just from the lack of a social aspect.

I know everyone thinks they need the almighty claim flag. It was a great idea when the game first launched. In the end though. I think the settlement and lack of individual claim flags has hurt the game. I've played on the PVPve side of things to. I liked the peace times. But in the end I like to be able to clean my house or go afk and not have to worry about people killing me or my tames when i'm having sparkly vision and doing things around my house.

Theres should be a mixed server with PVP and PVE. Put high rare resources on the PVP zones and make them lawless with big decay timers for structures and extra vulnerabilities. Make them a spot to farm and maybe get lots of gold. High risk high reward. 

At this point I don't think they'll recover the population loss. Adding in more islands isn't gonna help much either unless they take the size of the map down. Instead of 255 grids. Do 9 grid sections or so. See whats popular on the private servers and go from there.

Honestly id go back to PVPve if during peace time I was invulnerable too. Then I could just log out during war time. 

I'm still holding out for the Iso Map myself. Finding a vanilla/non modded out private server might be a different story and that's about the time we pack out and move. Running a server myself isn't an option when im not sure how long it will take our household goods to get from Indiana to Seattle. 

I find myself growing bored trying ot find discoveries that apparently doesn't exist. Needing them to level isn't helping matters any.

Lets see what happens with the bigger islands, I'd like to see varied region sizes, some with bigger landmasses ie continents and others with islands etc. 

On 5/1/2019 at 12:40 PM, Bolognapwny said:

After rocky start, focus on Gear and More Tames... your player base is bottoming out.

Can we take a serious look at what is healthy for the game, and appropriate size of world needed for PVP... I feel its too large for the current player base and is promoting stagnant growth.... 

We can argue all day PVE kids or you can stay out of my thread as this pertains to the only player base that can save this game. (PVPvE)  Thanks.

Yeah they really need to lower the map size. Each one has over 37k slots and there is only about 2k on each at the high points.

even cutting them in half probably wouldn’t be enough 

Add one server  that on Saturday and Sunday portals open in every grid to this one server tile, for 2 hours its Free for all Last Man Standing, Battle Royal. Rewards awarded to winner and top 5 with highest kill counts, buffs, gold, tokens, figureheads, whatever seems fitting. Will encourage pvp . Keep track of rankings

nothing wrong with the size, even has advantages  the largest companies tend to terrorize others only within 9 tiles or so, this gives players the chance to move to safer places.

also all the doom sayers citing population size, just have to accept the devs are working hard to make this game AAA when they complete the game theres a good chance it will become a hit like ark who avg 40k peak a day, i remember the first few months of ark, was the same shit forum spam on how the game is dead dying ect...

i dont get it, i dont waste my time posting on gaming forums of games i dont like, whats the point? I like this game flaws and all, and yeah it could be better, but thats with anything....

4 minutes ago, Remo said:

nothing wrong with the size, even has advantages  the largest companies tend to terrorize others only within 9 tiles or so, this gives players the chance to move to safer places.

also all the doom sayers citing population size, just have to accept the devs are working hard to make this game AAA when they complete the game theres a good chance it will become a hit like ark who avg 40k peak a day, i remember the first few months of ark, was the same shit forum spam on how the game is dead dying ect...

i dont get it, i dont waste my time posting on gaming forums of games i dont like, whats the point? I like this game flaws and all, and yeah it could be better, but thats with anything....

Ark always averaged that amount and stayed at that amount since the beginning.

I'm a PvE 'kid', however, I quite like the peace and quiet of open seas, quiet islands, and no morons around to ruin my game experience by being a smacktard laying buildings on my front porch.

Reducing map size would just force an entire district into one neighbourhood.  I don't fancy 22 families living in my house.

Just querying "the only player base that can save this game. (PVPvE)" also  :classic_blink:

On 5/1/2019 at 8:40 PM, Bolognapwny said:

entitled much , 

look at the numbers that play across the different server type similar number play both pve and pvp so get off your high horse , 

the devs them selfs have said they are not concerned with the player numbers at this stage they are developing a game for potential higher numbers and as such suggestions like yours telling other players that don’t play your way to fuck off and have no say , shows u have no clue how to develope a game that encompasses all player types 

the map map size is fine for now and for future growth , 

• Like 3

Reducing map size is without a doubt the stupidest idea I've seen yet on these forums.

Can we give this kid some kind of reward?

• Like 1

No that is a terrible idea. The whole point of what makes atlas fun is the sheer size of it. I do agree they need to do something to get more plays back in but shrinking the map will do nothing but drive more people away from the game. I think they should not split their player base so much. They need to get rid of all the PVE servers and make 2 servers one NA and one EU. That being said i know all the PVE people would cry and whine. So the devs should add in a few more pve elements that would take the heat off of the massive lust for pvp. Such as npc run ships that ferry mats and gold around the zone. Make these a target that can be raided on the sea. Give them something else to target in hopes that people will be less inclined to KOS.

Any action in this way would require another wipe with the resulting drop in players then putting you back to where we are now. Leave it as it is and see what happens.

I disagree for a few reasons.  Having open spaces to get work done is great.  I recall lots of bitching by small companies and solos about not having land.  Also how is GS supposed to test a large open world like this by making it smaller?  We are in EA and there is just as much if not more testing going on for the hosts of this game.

It is not a large open world, it is an MMO with 225 different zones with much easier server teleportation than Ark had.

While they have said the new ISO modders map is not intended for official, I wonder what would happen if the 5th and 6th networks they supposedly bought but never released was repurposed as individual ISO servers.  Would people play on the large Atlas, or would they choose an ISO instance?

Edited by krazmuze