Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

Are shipwrecks bugged?

I hadn't done anything with the procedural shipwrecks yet and thought I'd give them a try today.  Are these things bugged or is there just something I'm not doing right?  I get down there, and I can see the treasure text,  treasure is in the aft hold...but I'm not getting any way to get to it.  Can't destroy the ship using the pinwheel or tools, can't access the treasure to do an E on it.  Am I missing something?

You either go through the main hallway in the center and down through a hole in the floor or a hole in the side of the ship. There are multiple different models. Gotta find the way to the hold of the ship.

Edited by Myrmidon

I had one shipwreck that was accessed from the aft section on the outside of the ship.  Hole in the side that let me into a hall which opened into an open section where the chest was at. 

if your not already doing it...take a lantern down with you....gotta say i do like the shiprecks......nice touch to the game...now we just need to find long dead skeleton dread pirates on once famous sunken vessels sailing the seas and not those green shitty snot coloured sods we have..

proper potc style like

There have been a couple times when the entrance to a sunken ship was actually blocked by a land feature, or the way the ship was angled on the ocean floor.  That is not too often, but we have done loads of shipwrecks and just could not get into a couple.  They are usually one of a few repeated layouts, and we recognized them, just could not access the entry point.

• Like 1

I appreciate all the replies.  Did @ 4 of them ...they're really fun!  Now if I could just get better at that sextant buff.

On 5/1/2019 at 2:32 PM, Winter Thorne said:

I appreciate all the replies.  Did @ 4 of them ...they're really fun!  Now if I could just get better at that sextant buff.

Pretty easy.  In the daytime, start with the sun.  Left click and continue to hold it through out the process.  Follow the direction of the shooting star to find the next star.  Do as many as you can.  The buff is worth it.

• Thanks 1

There are the odd wrecks that are being spawned too far into the seabed, the odd one, i'd say maybe in my experience, 1 in 7 or so.  Fortunately they've all been like 3.4s or so.  I'd hate to find a high lvl one and not be able to get into it.

10 hours ago, gnihar said:

What do you get in them, how much gold per wreck?

The most I got was a little over 100.  In the 130s.  Have only had 2 that were over 100.  Like Flotsam, there seems to be a very heavy tilt towards lower end.  I think they push this too far.  You have to spend an inordinate amount of time doing these, to get anything useful.  Most of the BPs we get, are useless.  Thatch, way too many platforms, stone tools, etc...  Makes it such that we often don't stop for flotsam, or wrecks.  Time is simply more valuable than one more stone gateway BP.   At least with the flotsam, you know whether it is worth stopping.  With wrecks, you simply don't know until you have already wasted your time.

We are talking about just going to a boosted PvE server, and doing all of the end game stuff, and then moving on to a new game.