Jump to content

Tiberius_theron

Please limit land claims to 1 per character, with maintenance costs.

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, artaherduron said:

Naw I'm against this my dude. If you can't find land to claim then sail from the island...

too many players are not even looking they are just going past seeing the red blobs and leaving , 

 

the island im on has had at least 6 new player claims in the past day , a lot of players have already moved on or left , start actually landing on the islands and exploring insted of bitching about limiting land claims , 

 

Edited by UDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UDO said:

too many players are not even looking they are just going past seeing the red blobs and leaving , 

 

the island im on has had at least 6 new player claims in the past day , a lot of players have already moved on or left , start actually landing on the islands and exploring insted of bitching about limiting land claims , 

 

Rent a private server.  Job done.

This land claim stuff is just the tip of the iceberg, griefing and trolling is all to come..  There'll be something every other day that breaks the game for many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 10:17 PM, Vorxius said:

Rent a private server.  Job done.

This land claim stuff is just the tip of the iceberg, griefing and trolling is all to come..  There'll be something every other day that breaks the game for many.

What if governments thought like that: "Hey we can never completely eliminate crime, why should we fight it at all?"

They should do all they can to fight and reduce grieving even if they can never eliminate it.  

 

Let players with multiply claims choice a primary claim, delete all the rest. Then only allow claiming for people with 0 claims, problem solved! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So all this shouting for one claim per person/company.

Here is some of my rambling thoughts on what you are asking for.

Claims are reduced to one per player/company as you ask, then all the land is claimed and built on and you have your bit of land with buildings and shipyards.

Here is what happens next, you start building your shipyard and go for a Brig which is 20k + of a lot of resources, you gather and get your brig built along with other people then you go out to sea and a ship of the dammed sinks your Brig.

Upon your return to start building another brig you find that all the resources are not respawning because of all the buildings and now you can't build or sail anywhere.

Add to that the fact that you may have built a bank to "tax" your land and find that with no resources on your small claim you can't tax anything and your bank is a useless building that you may as well demolish.

Thus does the game become a case of scramble for the small number of resources that spawn and in PVE the game dies a horrid slow death and in PVP people get their bases destroyed by anyone that wants to build and new players get constantly wiped off the map so the bigger companies can fight each other.

This current claim system may not be perfect but it is in response to the problems that were seen on official ARK servers where building spam to suppress resource spawns and control land was common so that the big tribes could maintain their positions as ALPHA TRIBES and everyone not in those tribes agreed they were bad for the game.

Just my thoughts mind you

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scrad said:

Upon your return to start building another brig you find that all the resources are not respawning because of all the buildings and now you can't build or sail anywhere.
 

You make an excellent point.  Up until I read your post I thought limiting claims to 2ish was a good idea.

There does need to be some kind of alternate way forward. We are 3 people with 5 claims on a good size island. That island has a company of maybe 3 people, that I've seen, with well over 100 claims. They own most of the island and surrounding water. I play everyday so no chance to lose our 3 claims with buildings. However,  after logging out last night they were able to take the 2 claims with no bodies on them. It's frustrating...

They stay logged in 24x7 so no chance of getting them back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scrad said:

So all this shouting for one claim per person/company.

Here is some of my rambling thoughts on what you are asking for.

Claims are reduced to one per player/company as you ask, then all the land is claimed and built on and you have your bit of land with buildings and shipyards.

Here is what happens next, you start building your shipyard and go for a Brig which is 20k + of a lot of resources, you gather and get your brig built along with other people then you go out to sea and a ship of the dammed sinks your Brig.

Upon your return to start building another brig you find that all the resources are not respawning because of all the buildings and now you can't build or sail anywhere.

Add to that the fact that you may have built a bank to "tax" your land and find that with no resources on your small claim you can't tax anything and your bank is a useless building that you may as well demolish.
 

Tax bank it's for huge company not for 1-3 people.
Resources respawning is bugged like hell right now. So it's weak point too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

resource issue can be solved by added uninhabited islands: you can't claim or build on those and they have many resources.

Edited by kolpo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me is 2 claim per Compagny because a compagny of 50 perso and the problem stay the same maintenance cost why note 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Boiwithlooks said:

You make an excellent point.  Up until I read your post I thought limiting claims to 2ish was a good idea.

There does need to be some kind of alternate way forward. We are 3 people with 5 claims on a good size island. That island has a company of maybe 3 people, that I've seen, with well over 100 claims. They own most of the island and surrounding water. I play everyday so no chance to lose our 3 claims with buildings. However,  after logging out last night they were able to take the 2 claims with no bodies on them. It's frustrating...

They stay logged in 24x7 so no chance of getting them back.

Just remove decay of resources, never understood why it was needed or super reduce the area of effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 12:39 AM, Lorient said:

I mean, if players are claiming eveything they come across and then not using it, contest it.

My tribe managed to get a nice little spot this way. You dont need to take more than you need but if people actually made use of the contesting system, half of these complaints wouldn't be an issue.

If only is that easy , cause if you start a contest , the other company just does bed transfer and contest ... so you end up with no claim all over again ... in D6 one company claimed an entire island ( huge one ) every time you teu claim he does a bed transfer ... I waited thru all night (to try contest while a sleep) , and couldn’t, cause it’s a 3 men company and they arrange for sleep ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of capping claims per character, however my concern is the resource factor if every flag claim had a building, shipyard and all that jazz on it. Islands would not be very sustainable. So perhaps keep it lowish for solo players (3 or so) and tribes maybe get a bonus claim for x amount of people in the tribe (more people means more space needed). 

The claiming and contesting needs to be looked at. You could make it like the lawless area buildings....decay in 4 days if you don't go on it, then if it doesn't get refreshed by the player the claim vanishes becoming free. That way all the claim spams will go because those people are not going to be sailing everyday to all of their points.

Though that does run into the issue of say if people lose their internet connection and can't get on to refresh, or holidays..hospital stays (unfortunate life stuff getting in the way), it would make it a little unfair so you could add in a feature to select one flag as a main base, to allow more time on that one or if someone sleeps on it, it can't be claimed for a longer time. 

You could even add in some more Islands on the map too, there is plenty of room for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

take a look at this  , this is the spot behind our base , even with overlapping flags people can and will put one down and take the place in 40 minutes (if no one around to stop them)

claim yay.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enough already, this need a fix before anything else, so many are doing exactly that overlapping ^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

flag claim decay was "supposed" to fix the issue of too many claims.  Give it 3 days they said.  5 days later and there still are no islands that are not covered in red.  Spent 8 hours IRL going from island to island looking for one tiny spot I could put down a base and start playing the game.  No luck.  I have no intention of sailing to all 700 islands just to try and squeeze in somewhere.  Stopped my raft in the middle of the sea, unlocked all my storage boxes for anyone who finds the raft they can take what I have.  I have had enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, 1 per character and have it require upkeep, like the tool cupboards on Rust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking someone stuff only takes about 40 min.  Right now if people are sleeping and have multiple claims you can claim any area they are not sleeping in.  It is broken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlimited claims will be fine with a maintenance cost. If you don't allow unlimited claims, the taxation bank loses purpose!-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a small group we've  now sailed 35 islands and found no coastal plots, I think the game just needs a single player mode. 

Tons of people are setting up one man plots, with yet another dock, and its getting ridiculous.  These players often don't want to interact at all, or join companies, they just want to play alone and are doing it online because they have no other choice.  I have no issue with this type of play, but I think it's hurting the game currently.

Single player would reduce the population, the comedy amount of docks around islands, and balance out the land claims I reckon.  This may be tricky to implement when the whole game needs loads of servers, but I'm sure there's a solution.  

Fighting over claims is also making this the most salty PVE community I've ever been in.  Arriving at a new island is met with PVP style suspicion, and the companies want you to quickly go away for fear of you dropping land claims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also there are actually people out there who will STOP you trying to take a claim if they "own" an island. For example,  on my island there's a group who literally threatened me because i took 1 extra claim right next to my base and being trying to grief me and claim the island there's and they were allowing me to stay there.

 

Again there's no reason for more than 1 or even 2 claim flags. This isn't ARK were you needed a huge base to store dinos, breed them, ETC. Two claims can easily cover enough land and if you stick one in the sea, you're laughing. Remove resources decay when building, as i see no reason for it, unless someone can give a reason?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally get a decent claim, it is in tundra but hostile animal spawn rates are oke and all basic resources are present.  I better raise my fort more and make fur armor fast thought 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kolpo said:

I finally get a decent claim, it is in tundra but hostile animal spawn rates are oke and all basic resources are present.  I better raise my fort more and make fur armor fast thought 🙂

but for how long? so many ways to take the land from you via exploits etc. its not worth playing till the system is fixed and or wiped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 8:48 AM, Caduryn said:

1 Claim is NOT enough, you Need 1 Land and 1 Ocean for Ships.

Ok, fine 2. But what we're saying is NOT unlimited like it is now.

This issue is causing me to lose the will to play this game, which sucks because I really enjoy this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 12/29/2018 at 8:35 AM, UDO said:

1 ismt enough unless u want to put your house on the beach as well , 2 is the minimum u need for a good are to build large shpyards those thing are huge , and then have base further inland ,or may u want to move neaeer an area so u really do 2 then u can have a large claim or 2 small ones on separate areas on the map 

 

 u havnt thought this very well have u

Or the more you have claimed the more it will cost, maintainance cost to keep the land, every few hours like the crew works

Edited by Saffran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×