Tiberius_theron

Please limit land claims to 1 per character, with maintenance costs.

11 minutes ago, Murreth said:

Ok, fine 2. But what we're saying is NOT unlimited like it is now.

This issue is causing me to lose the will to play this game, which sucks because I really enjoy this game.

mate i already stopped because of this, theres no point if you can lose bases while being online to exploits or because theres no land at all in all the pve server

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sketch said:

mate i already stopped because of this, theres no point if you can lose bases while being online to exploits or because theres no land at all in all the pve server

I get ya, but the state of the gaming industry is so bad I've got nothing else to play I'm not bored to death of.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Saffran said:

Or the more you have claimed the more it will cost, maintainance cost to keep the land, every few hours like the crew works

yes need something and maybe multiplying per flag so for example 1 wood per hour for flag 1 , 2 wood per hour flag 2 , 4 wood per hour flag 3 so per hour , and so on ?  this would hurt smaller tribes if they take over too much ,but large companys would have no issue farming up what needed , doesnt seem much work it out 😛

Edited by UDO

6 minutes ago, UDO said:

yes need something and maybe multiplying per flag so for example 1 wood per hour for flag 1 , 2 wood per hour flag 2 , 4 wood per hour flag 3 so per hour , and so on ?  this would hurt smaller tribes if they take over too much ,but large companys would have no issue farming up what needed , doesnt seem much work it out 😛

Im talking about treasure coins as the currency here not resources. if you have one or two flag claims  the upkeep would be 0. if you have more then 2 it would start increasing with 100 coins per flag.

just an example: You have 10 claims, that will cost you 1000 coins every few hours to keep the land. you claim 10 more areas, you are now up to 2k. Probably wouldnt work well, and this is just my mere opinion and speculation on trying to figure out some kind of solution. 

Edited by Saffran

2 minutes ago, Saffran said:

Im talking about treasure coins as the currency here not resources. if you have one or two flag claims  the upkeep would be 0. if you have more then 2 it would start increasing with 100 coins per flag

that could work, but then as peeps get alot of gold it would become a problem later on.

1 minute ago, Sketch said:

that could work, but then as peeps get alot of gold it would become a problem later on.

Yea its not fool proof, but its just an idea

better still 4 flags per man as solo , 3 per man in company , end of 😛 problem solved , 

Edited by UDO

1 minute ago, UDO said:

better still 4 flags per man end of 😛 problem solved , 

1-2 flags is enough imho per player. if you are in a company all of those flags are combined anyways. Could increase the normal flag claim size slightly, and lower the ocean flag claims so they are the same size as the land version.
Because its ridiculous that 1 ocean flag can completely cover someone elses territory, like me and my company are living with right now.

Edited by Saffran

2 minutes ago, Saffran said:

1-2 flags is enough imho per player. if you are in a company all of those flags are combined anyways. Could increase the normal flag claim size slightly, and lower the ocean flag claims so they are the same size as the land version.

no 2 isnt enough u need 4 really 2 for main , 2 for other location , its a big ass map , other wise u stuck on 1 island for ever

Edited by UDO

1 minute ago, UDO said:

no 2 isnt enough u need 4 really 2 for main , 2 for other location , its a big ass map , 

So?  you just have to be smart with how you want to go about it, tbh you dont need 2 different locations, unless 1 is really far away, and if you claim more then 1-2 flags you start paying upkeep for it, and have to go there every 3 days.

Edited by Saffran

I don't think they plan to adjust the claiming system, in fact it looks to me like they're celebrating the companies that claim up as much land as possible. I feel like they regard PvE gameplay as an afterthought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Scyver said:

I don't think they plan to adjust the claiming system, in fact it looks to me like they're celebrating the companies that claim up as much land as possible. I feel like they regard PvE gameplay as an afterthought.

then the game will die, as no new players joins and the game bleeds players. r.i.p

and to add to that when it goes live and players cant get land its gonna get worse.

Edited by Sketch

On 12/31/2018 at 4:40 PM, Quilleute said:

If only is that easy , cause if you start a contest , the other company just does bed transfer and contest ... so you end up with no claim all over again ... in D6 one company claimed an entire island ( huge one ) every time you teu claim he does a bed transfer ... I waited thru all night (to try contest while a sleep) , and couldn’t, cause it’s a 3 men company and they arrange for sleep ...

They can only contest one claim per person so if they have three people get four of you together and all slap down claims in different area's they will loose one guaranteed.

You don't even have to all be the same company.
If you get 6-7 solo players all together to work as a team against that company you could take a large chunk of their land fairly easily as they have overextended and are relying on people trying to steal one at a time.

Think outside of the fixed mind set of "I can't" and look at it in a way of "how can we".

Heck if enough of you get together you could probably land enough claims to pull them across the map then  land one right in their base and force them to come and defend hat one which means that even if all three are online then they can only really defend two others or loose all their stuff.

I would prefere 2 flags per company maximum with high really high payment should be 4 , more flags is toxic because we dont have enough islands, 

and why the hell nobody from the developer does a statement, i think the claiming System is the biggest issue at the moment!!

Gold as upkeep is a good idea. However, it would have to be fairly inexpensive. There's simply not enough gold out there. Plus you have to keep your workers working. On a galleon that could get pretty expensive.

Maybe for the PVE-Server it would be more playable, to make all grids "lawless" style with a decay (maybe more than 3 days for the non-starter zones, maybe increase decay days by harshness of the zone), than having this claim contest. 

Anything contest between players has to go away from PVE.

Hi

It is currently impossible to play if it was not the day 1
The unlimited claim is the biggest problem, the 1st player is spamming the claim and it is now impossible to play
A claim limit of 1 or 2 per person is mandatory
Please it is a priority
Thank you

On 12/31/2018 at 12:53 PM, Scrad said:

So all this shouting for one claim per person/company.

Here is some of my rambling thoughts on what you are asking for.

Claims are reduced to one per player/company as you ask, then all the land is claimed and built on and you have your bit of land with buildings and shipyards.

Here is what happens next, you start building your shipyard and go for a Brig which is 20k + of a lot of resources, you gather and get your brig built along with other people then you go out to sea and a ship of the dammed sinks your Brig.

Upon your return to start building another brig you find that all the resources are not respawning because of all the buildings and now you can't build or sail anywhere.

Add to that the fact that you may have built a bank to "tax" your land and find that with no resources on your small claim you can't tax anything and your bank is a useless building that you may as well demolish.

Thus does the game become a case of scramble for the small number of resources that spawn and in PVE the game dies a horrid slow death and in PVP people get their bases destroyed by anyone that wants to build and new players get constantly wiped off the map so the bigger companies can fight each other.

This current claim system may not be perfect but it is in response to the problems that were seen on official ARK servers where building spam to suppress resource spawns and control land was common so that the big tribes could maintain their positions as ALPHA TRIBES and everyone not in those tribes agreed they were bad for the game.

Just my thoughts mind you

I will throw you one more.
You closes neighbor left and stopped protecting his claim. Now someone put flag on border between yours and your neighbor on the neighbor side. 40 minutes later even with you protecting your single claim you lost around half of it and probably every resource you had in your base (if in affected, overlapped part of your claim), while grefer put everything on his brigantine or even galleon, removed his single claim and sailed away looking for next victim.

2 hours ago, Space Teach said:

Hi

It is currently impossible to play if it was not the day 1
The unlimited claim is the biggest problem, the 1st player is spamming the claim and it is now impossible to play
A claim limit of 1 or 2 per person is mandatory
Please it is a priority
Thank you

I found claim on 3rd or 4th day of the Atlas. None (edit: Only one person stayed actually, i forgot about him cause he is rarely online 😛) of the people who live with me on the islands are the same ones who were there when I started. I can't recognize half of the people who talk in sector chat. Tone of people rotated.

Edited by Elrood

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, Tiberius_theron said:

Claims need to be limited to 1 per character, with a maintenance cost. In addition after so many hours if the clay. Isn't built on, it should expire. We've spent 14 hours now sailing, and found no claimable islands.

players are claiming everything they come across, and it's then never used. 

I would also recommend adding another PvP and PvE server cluster to each region worldwide. No need to pack in so many players.

the idea is to claim resources, if you build on it then the resources wont spawn.

before you retort with why do you need to claim resources!!!

because that's the game, it is set up specifically to do that. That is what the developers want you to do.

1 minute ago, microphobe said:

the idea is to claim resources, if you build on it then the resources wont spawn.

before you retort with why do you need to claim resources!!!

because that's the game, it is set up specifically to do that. That is what the developers want you to do.

but that also contridicts there *your ship is your base* idea the devs want.

Just now, Sketch said:

but that also contridicts there *your ship is your base* idea the devs want.

I don't ever recall them saying that, Inca t the game is really not aimed in that way at all. If that was there intention then they fell way off their mark.

2 minutes ago, microphobe said:

I don't ever recall them saying that, Inca t the game is really not aimed in that way at all. If that was there intention then they fell way off their mark.

Then you missed the streamer dev stream they did just before the first delay

Just now, Sketch said:

Then you missed the streamer dev stream they did just before the first delay

You're right i did miss this, but it is still possible to do this even with all the claimable land claimed so long as you can build in lawless. It will also be even more doable with the changes to the building on others claims.

3 minutes ago, microphobe said:

You're right i did miss this, but it is still possible to do this even with all the claimable land claimed so long as you can build in lawless. It will also be even more doable with the changes to the building on others claims.

ye i dont disagree, but with the current system its just gonna kill the game for all but mega tribes, (ark did that and they had to change it) but with v10 massive land claiming is gonna hurt all they need to do is make the punishment more sevre and its fixed.