Tiberius_theron

Please limit land claims to 1 per character, with maintenance costs.

Claims need to be limited to 1 per character, with a maintenance cost. In addition after so many hours if the clay. Isn't built on, it should expire. We've spent 14 hours now sailing, and found no claimable islands.

players are claiming everything they come across, and it's then never used. 

I would also recommend adding another PvP and PvE server cluster to each region worldwide. No need to pack in so many players.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I agree to this! i have traveled through 8 map zones and all islands were claimed with flags all over them! Impossible to find land to settle down on.

• Like 5

Have to agree on this one, its to easy too plop down claims all over the place then leave.

Edited by Thulen
  • Like 6

I think 1 to 2 would be far maybe a skill tree for additional claims so people can't claim and island at level1 . 1 might be 2 little if you want to build shipyard at water and have a house more inland. Just my opinion

• Like 2

I would suggest removing any claim that doesn't have at least 10 building pieces on it. And limit claim to maybe 2 per player and maybe a skill tree at higher levels to get more claims.

Edited by LtSharpShooter
  • Like 3

On 12/26/2018 at 4:39 AM, Tiberius_theron said:

Claims need to be limited to 1 per character, with a maintenance cost. In addition after so many hours if the clay. Isn't built on, it should expire. We've spent 14 hours now sailing, and found no claimable islands.

I would also recommend adding another PvP and PvE server cluster to each region worldwide. No need to pack in so many players.

This is two fixes.

Do you really need both?

If the problem is that the land rush at the start of the server left hundreds of unused land claims, won't that be fixing itself in just another day or two when those claims expire? Yes, there is a lesson for Grapeshot to learn from that land rush we all suffered, changing the system for the first few days of a server's fresh state. But I don't think that the land claim system is really that broken when a three day expire timer is going to wipe those same hundreds of claims.

Edited by Ankhwearer
  • Like 1

I mean, if players are claiming eveything they come across and then not using it, contest it.

My tribe managed to get a nice little spot this way. You dont need to take more than you need but if people actually made use of the contesting system, half of these complaints wouldn't be an issue.

yeah its getting to effect the game badly , we need to have a claim wipe , but that needs to be announced and a time when servers comes up so people can get their claim on house-base they got

42 minutes ago, Lorient said:

I mean, if players are claiming eveything they come across and then not using it, contest it.

My tribe managed to get a nice little spot this way. You dont need to take more than you need but if people actually made use of the contesting system, half of these complaints wouldn't be an issue.

Not using it and being active are two different things though.. group drops 30 claim flags and fully owns an island.  You can't take it because they're active and continue to play, but they are in no way using that land.  

Seen this plenty of times so far.  One tiny little shit shack of a base, a shipyard, and a couple ships.  Rest of island is bare.  They don't even have to go past a flag or two to farm because it'll respawn closer to them before they get far enough.

Try to claim it?  4 of them start doing the rounds to contest any challenge.   Now how about that new change of 3 days inactivity required.. no chance getting any of "their" land. 

1 hour ago, Ankhwearer said:

This is two fixes.

Do you really need both?

If the problem is that the land rush at the start of the server left hundreds of unused land claims, won't that be fixing itself in just another day or two when those claims expire? Yes, there is a lesson for Grapeshot to learn from that land rush we all suffered, changing the system for the first few days of a server's fresh state. But I don't think that the land claim system is really that broken when a three day expire timer is going to wipe those same hundreds of claims.

New change only helps fix the inactive old claims, and most will probably be taken by their active neighbors before anyone new has a chance.  Does nothing to fix the dozens of tribes that have completely littered grids with claim flags so that they can have their own private server in official. 

Edited by Twoapplesnbanana

But again, why does a limit of ONE claim need the other fix, the enhanced expiration you also recommended?

My position is that they need to fix land claim during the first three days a server is fresh. After that, inactivity or failure to respond to a claim challenge (likely due to distance from your final base) take care of this. And it still might! Again, we are just barely seeing the start of decay timers hitting their end. 

You don't really know yet if this problem is resolved by the existing systems. Not enough time has passed.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 7:39 AM, Tiberius_theron said:

I was building on my land just to have it stolen. Honestly there no point for a land base it just will get stolen

My two cent.
1. You can't contest land without official war.
2. Company must get own progress system. Not just more players = more lvl.
3. All Company start with 1 flag, if you join company you don't have your own flag.
4. Flag must be upgraded. There is 2 option: active upgrade system or passive. Active you spend res and upgrade it. Passive more building around flag more zone of control.

P.S. Before claim system is start working without bugs, there is no reason for wipe servers or any other active action from dev.

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2018 at 12:39 PM, Tiberius_theron said:

1 would not be enough u need minimum 2 for shipyard and bases away from beach 

12 hours ago, Ankhwearer said:

But again, why does a limit of ONE claim need the other fix, the enhanced expiration you also recommended?

My position is that they need to fix land claim during the first three days a server is fresh. After that, inactivity or failure to respond to a claim challenge (likely due to distance from your final base) take care of this. And it still might! Again, we are just barely seeing the start of decay timers hitting their end. 

You don't really know yet if this problem is resolved by the existing systems. Not enough time has passed.

some one gets it , id say ther will a lot of fresh spots over the next week or so . more so when people go back to work 

agree !

need to limit 1 flag per char

something like 5% ppl owning 95% of the map ... ridiculous

It was pointed out the two c!aims might be better, with an intent of one inland for your base, one coastal for your shipyard and harbor.

• Like 1

the way i see it is if everyone builds a base and has a shipyard wont be much of a pirate game all the land will be covered in houses and beach with shipyards they didnt think this through what kind of pirate digs treasure next to a house or better yet 20 i dont have a claim so i know how everyone feels but they need to figure out a way to keep some of the islands untouched 

6 minutes ago, vispera said:

the way i see it is if everyone builds a base and has a shipyard wont be much of a pirate game all the land will be covered in houses and beach with shipyards they didnt think this through what kind of pirate digs treasure next to a house or better yet 20 i dont have a claim so i know how everyone feels but they need to figure out a way to keep some of the islands untouched 

That's why half of the map is Lawless, where you can't make a claim. Building works, but decays pretty fast.

On 12/26/2018 at 12:39 PM, Tiberius_theron said:

1 ismt enough unless u want to put your house on the beach as well , 2 is the minimum u need for a good are to build large shpyards those thing are huge , and then have base further inland ,or may u want to move neaeer an area so u really do 2 then u can have a large claim or 2 small ones on separate areas on the map 

u havnt thought this very well have u

Edited by UDO

1 minute ago, Ankhwearer said:

That's why half of the map is Lawless, where you can't make a claim. Building works, but decays pretty fast.

decay is not as fast as you think as long as you log on every 4 days your golden so those islands are full there is not enough land for everyone to have a claim and build its a big fault in the game and if you cant claim you cant build a ship unless you are in lawless but like i said lawless is full of ship yards and houses the only land that is not built on is land the flag spamers have and that is worthless because they are putting foundations down with beds to just fast travel to them to keep claims but you take claims away and people move to those spots all islands will have houses and shipyards and now back to the first thing digging treasure next to a house is not very pirate likei think a sharded island for each player or company so the world doesnt get filled up with a bunch of shipyards and houses 

Private server.  One thing I have learned is that official PvE servers DO NOT WORK, and I have daily, learned the lesson that other players detract from the PvE game I'm trying to play.  No fault of the players, just awful game design, which can only be 'fixed' by renting a server, which for me is worth every penny.