Tiberius_theron

Please limit land claims to 1 per character, with maintenance costs.

punishment is not the answer, even upkeep costs don't work for mega companies because you can farm crazy mats with elephants etc.

one flag per member with options to increase claim flags by one or two in the construction tree is the answer.

endless claims is counterproductive to the game play.

I will be interested to see how it goes with the reduced contesting time with the new patch. I am hoping that it solves a lot of problems.

im all for limiting claims, however then they also need to fix overlapping flags, i lost 50% of my claim area due to overlapping , there is sometimes a reason why you see people have 3-4 flags around their base as to stop a overlap happen and you can kiss your stuff goodbye that was in the overlapped area

• Thanks 1

Claims should be 1 per character BUT if they want more space to conquer on PVE a claim flag should be based on a skills tree and up to max of 3 flag !!! Otherwise these greedy bastards will never let you settle down on any island just to ask for that filthy tax and if not they will capture your entire base. Either way its a very tricky issue because many players are very toxic and immature and what they cannot do on a PVP server, they will destroy on PVE servers and nobody can do a thing against them and know this because otherwise they would have been scared of their actions !

If DEVs will want to implement this kind of feature on PVE servers many good player whom want to play in a mature way and learn more about this game will leave permanently because of these kind of toxic players !!!  

The land claiming is out of control ive seen 1 person companies have 20 pieces of land and have a house on each to bounce around daily.  This needs to change 

I'm going too bring up another point too this, so how to deal with people spamming foundations everywhere on lawless land? i think you should only be able too build within your or you companies claimed area, end of, each company should get 1 claim flag with a 10% larger radius than a player one too allow for yards and docks/water activities, this flag will be made using the company creators 1 and only land claim flag, every player that joins a company should have there one and only flag reduced in size by 10%, as a company member you should only need space for your own house in the company area/town/village/port w.e. and the pole (centre) of that claim flag must be placed within the boundary of the companies claim flag too allow some expansion but not a stupid un-needed amount (max 50% (half the claim circle) of that players claim outside of the company flags reach). Farms, shipyards etc should all be unable to be built anywhere else but within the overall companies claimed area, isn't the point too have a small town/village/base/fleet dock w.e built up by the people within the company? This way companies with more people can still grow the land claim out a little per person that is in said company, but you cant expand beyond your means if your solo or 2-3 man team, as YOU DONT NEED TOO. Obviously some resizing of the initial flags claim area size may need to be altered I have used the %'s as an example and not taken into account the actual current claim size of one flag.

Now of course your going to want to make taming pens in lawless regions, so i think 1) a structure limit in each lawless area per company (too facilitate multiple taming teams or suchlike who go too separate lawless regions, and 2) these structures last a maximum of 12 hours (rough estimate of the longest tame in the game that would need a pen but i don't honestly know what that is right now), and said structures have extremely little "claim" range.

As for the  over weighting of other peoples ships and rafts, for at least a temporary solution if you are not at war with the company or you do not own the vessel, your weight shouldn't register on the ship at all.....

It also seem apparent there needs to be differences in these systems between pvp and pve servers, not just trying to make a set of solutions that can cover both play styles!!

This has been my current two cents, and I love Atlas and will stick around through the rough and the smooth its going to be great when its fully honed.

Edited by Knight2339

If they limit claims to one per character they would also have to increase the size, one land claim circle isn't nearly big enough for ambition building projects.  Additionally you would still run into issues where you may not be able to find a claim spot near the water which would prevent you from building a shipyard.

• Thanks 1

Aaarrr does me heart good to see this discussion continue. I agree this is a game breaking feature in it's current state for PVE servers. Alot of good ideas and valid points. I actually love the idea your ship is your base. The biggest drawback to this, is you have to have a base to build a ship. Maybe eliminating that could be an option. Drag your resources to your home port of call and trade them to the shipwright and maybe a little gold for their service. Maybe have a few designated islands like freeports your company can rent or buy a warehouse for all your crafting and storage needs. Leaving more islands free of buildings thus still providing resources.. you make landfall, set up a camp with a short 24-48 decay timer and refill your stocks, gather your trade goods and ship back out. Make Freeport true bustling ports.But I think most importantly the devs need to weigh in on this issue and have some discussion with the community. Because until it's addressed. The current system is game breaking on many lvls. Not just want to be land owners, but for resources and atmosphere. I think we the community should implore them to have this discussion. After thinking a bit more. This could open up a player driven shipwright. Wich could also take some stress off the skill tree issues as well. And does more to force the player driven trade environment. With city owned shipyard the player pays a rental fee on and in turn charges players fees according to the resources individuals provide to build the ship. 

Edited by Huck Finnley

im confused about why everyone wants 1 land claim flag. Thats not the intention of this game. They stated they want a game to be like eve and ark put together. so for the land claims, yes, people are going to claim as much as they can. They also implimented neutral zones so you can build on someone elses claim, ((this is how things work in eve in nullsec)) so by what they said they wanted to do , they are on track with land claims and building. Just be nice, become friends with a company who has land,and talk to them about wanting to build in one of their land claims. Then its not your issue to upkeep the flag either.