Radi

Creating a company makes you lose ownership of everything you had before as a solo player?

I've been managing as a solo player
But now, I'd like a log  have to help know why my tames are dead while I was offline, or stuff like that.Problem is, I heard that creating a company makes you lose ownership of everything you had before as a solo player.Could anyone confirm 

its fine go ahead and create a new compnay you will not lose anything 

It's fine creating a company. CHANGING your company loses stuff.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coggage said:

It's fine creating a company. CHANGING your company loses stuff.

Can confirm. Recruited friend when 1.5 launched, he had accidentally created a company, after recruitment we were stuck inside his hut because now he didn't "own" it. I am told there is an option to "merge" that allows keeping stuff. I haven't seen it so I don't know, but if you merge instead of join, all the stuff rolls into the new company with you. This is just what I was told and read, no idea if this is true. Can someone else confirm or deny this?

Yes when you are asked to join a company there is a merge option in the wheel.  Unfortunately people miss this option or are not aware of the implications.  A popup/confirmation with explanation would be very handy in this situation. 

• Like 1

If your a solo player and join a company your stuff joins company aswell

But, if you create a company as a solo player and then wanna join another you have to click the join and merge option to keep your stuff.

If you just click join company you will not keep your stuff.

And once your in a company and you leave the company you will loose all items again.. put a pin on everything before you leave so you can access boxes to retrieve items afterwards...

And untame pets so you can retame after leaving 

I think the op is talking about staying solo but creating a company to track stuff better through logs, etc. 

i am not sure about keeping ownership of structures but I think you should be fine. 

I will share my experience of creating a company while claiming an island though. After sailing around on launch and collecting the gold to claim and dropping a flag, I decided to go ahead and create my company while I waited. This caused the claim flag to go bye bye and my gold to be lost. I had 20 mins left on the claim, very frustrating. By the time I re-collected all the gold someone else was claiming the island and I had to go elsewhere. Long story short, I ended up getting the island back though when the other owners went to a private server. 

Learned this one the hard way several days ago.  Inside my stone forge building and decide to mess around with the company tab.  Created a company that I was the sole member of.  Everything I previously owned shared ownership with the new company that was created.  Decided I wanted to rename the company and deleted it.  Made new company and all was good.  All was good until I tried to leave the building I was in.  Door still showed shared ownership with myself and the previously created company.  Everything displayed this dual ownership and there was nothing I could do.  Eventually died of dehydration and had to spawn back at freeport to create another ramshackle ship/tools as I no longer owned any beds.  Sailed back to my island and everything was in the same shape.  Reposessed my old ship but am still waiting for decay timer to get to my old stuff as I didn't feel like making cannons/grenades to get back in buildings.

Submitted a ticket but received no response.  I figure they saw it as a "dumbass" move and lessons were there to be learned.  Meh .....   

16 hours ago, Meerkat said:

I think the op is talking about staying solo but creating a company to track stuff better through logs, etc. 

i am not sure about keeping ownership of structures but I think you should be fine. 

I will share my experience of creating a company while claiming an island though. After sailing around on launch and collecting the gold to claim and dropping a flag, I decided to go ahead and create my company while I waited. This caused the claim flag to go bye bye and my gold to be lost. I had 20 mins left on the claim, very frustrating. By the time I re-collected all the gold someone else was claiming the island and I had to go elsewhere. Long story short, I ended up getting the island back though when the other owners went to a private server. 

There's a governance setting for structures to be personally owned instead of company owned, but it probably only applies to structures built after joining/creating the company and changing the setting. That should theoretically allow you to keep your structures, but I have not tested it.