Sign in to follow this  
JC67

Elephants cant be fed

I cant feed the Elephant. Its says press E to feed but nothing happens. Fix please. You bugs is getting old. And yes i have in 0 and so on bla bla bla.

If you wish to report a bug please post it in the bugs reporting subforum. 

If you are trying to feed from the back side of the elephant then yes this does happen.  Until they fix this you have to go between the legs on the belly side and inch forward.  There is a very very small window you can feed an elephant without getting hit.  The legs need to be facing downhill or on flat surface.  If uphill I have not been able to feed without getting hit.  When this happens you have to dive in and feed and instantly move away OR move in then back and as soon as they swing at you move back in again to feed and move away again.  Its a pain in the ass, but doable. 

Edited by DocHolliday

Just soloed a 28 last night, you just have to bla, bla,bla and so on bla, bla, bla

26 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Just soloed a 28 last night, you just have to bla, bla,bla and so on bla, bla, bla

True story, was my first 30 of elephant of the server 🙂

elephants are broken but still pretty easy to tame, we have around 15 of them lvl 40+ atm. just gotta go between the legs, and inch back, use health packs if you get hit too much.

3 hours ago, trqfreak350 said:

elephants are broken but still pretty easy to tame, we have around 15 of them lvl 40+ atm. just gotta go between the legs, and inch back, use health packs if you get hit too much.

adding to this wearing plate armour and using a shield also stops u taking too much damage 

It's an issue we're working on at the moment, the client isn't receiving the correct information about whether it can feed the elephant or not from that specific location. As other's have recommended, whilst frustrating, a current workaround is to approach the elephant from a different angle, edging forward slightly, and attempt to feed it that way. We're going to be working on a more permanent solution to this of course, so you don't need to rely on these workarounds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

It's an issue we're working on at the moment, the client isn't receiving the correct information about whether it can feed the elephant or not from that specific location. As other's have recommended, whilst frustrating, a current workaround is to approach the elephant from a different angle, edging forward slightly, and attempt to feed it that way. We're going to be working on a more permanent solution to this of course, so you don't need to rely on these workarounds. 

Tamed my first elephant since these reports started last night.

I found little difference, but I wasn't looking to feed it from the wrong place so I don't know about the "e" at the wrong place thing.

Sweet spot was a little smaller, one time had a rock on the sweet spot so just dodged in and out using the bola timer to count down the 15secs between feeding.

For tier 3's I wouldn't mind there being no sweet spot, it would make the harder tames a constant activity you need to plan for with armour / shield, food buff's, shoulder pet's, because shoot, bola, stand still for 2 min's hitting "E" every 15 seconds is only taxing if you get outside interferance.

Don’t stand behind it’s head, it will say press “e” to feed but it won’t work. 

Instead , what I do is stand near it’s belly and run in every 16 seconds to feed (yes, you will unfortunately need to do the math in your head). It takes a little practice to run in just far enough to feed but not too far to take damage. Once you do feed it should stop mid attack and start eating. Tricky but doable, wear plate as suggested. 

When they fix the range bug it should be fine, taming elephants at launch was very nice because you could use the spot behind their head and camp out there. 

• Thanks 1

just tamed a lvl 28 last night myself, the only annoying part was getting 3.1% per feeding. oh..and the lvl 240+ alpha next to it that i had to kill without killing both first.

he hit me a few times, but gool ol armor made it nothing but scratches. then once i found the magic spot by the belly all was good.

On 5/1/2019 at 8:53 AM, Jack Shandy said:

Sweet spot was a little smaller, one time had a rock on the sweet spot so just dodged in and out using the bola timer to count down the 15secs between feeding.

You can feed him and move back. When his eating animation is over and he start to breath like normal -> Countdown 11 sec 😁

Both strategys work 😃

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 2:53 AM, Jack Shandy said:

Tamed my first elephant since these reports started last night.

I found little difference, but I wasn't looking to feed it from the wrong place so I don't know about the "e" at the wrong place thing.

For tier 3's I wouldn't mind there being no sweet spot, it would make the harder tames a constant activity you need to plan for with armour / shield, food buff's, shoulder pet's, because shoot, bola, stand still for 2 min's hitting "E" every 15 seconds is only taxing if you get outside interferance.

Not needed.  Tier 3 are already nerfed, so no need to make them harder to tame than tier 2.

Lions and Tigers...not as good for battle as the tier 2 bear.

Elephants and Rhinos...nerfed speed and stamina.  Ever seen an Elephant or Rhino charge in real life?  A terrifying thing.  Have seen Elephants run much further than you would expect them to be able to do.  Same for Rhinos.  Of the two, the Elephant scares me more, but that's because my uncle was nearly killed by one.  Was attacked and thrown into a tree by one...which ended up being what saved his life, as he was able to climb a bit higher and wait for rescue.

The problem I have with the Elephant is that unlike the Rhino, the Elephant has this unrealistic ability to smash you even when you are tucked in by its belly.

I have solo tamed them, but that was on perfectly flat terrain.  The last elephant I tamed, I had help.  I was doing the taming while one other person was doing the damage, but the terrain was steep, and we had it trapped with pillars.  There was no rhyme or reason as to why it would lash out.  The other guy thought I was just messing it up, and the first time he tried, he was able to stand in the same spot and feed 3 times.  But, then the shenanigans started.  He was hit.  After that, just as was my experience, what works one time, would not necessarily work the second time.  What did work was for him to stand behind the head, and watch the feed timer, so I wouldn't have to watch the bola timer.  Also, a 3rd person spec'd into tier 3 taming, and thus, if I got killed, he would feed in my place.  If you get killed, even with a bed right there...by the time you get back, recover your stuff, and begin feeding, the taming effectiveness has dropped drastically.

As I said, what works one time will not necessarily work again.  Many times I would move in, feed, then move back out and wait for the timer, then move back in and get hit.  This is using the same exact path for entry, because all I am doing is using W and S for moving in and out.  So again, what works best, and most reliably at the moment, is to not solo tame.  Even an ally can help, AFAIK.  They damage and call out the feed timer, and you bola and feed.  It is best if you have another person on your team who can feed if you get killed.  Then you simply rely on timing, and somebody else noted above.  Move in and feed quickly, which interrupts the attack, and then move back out quickly.  You may still get hit occasionally, but hopefully not enough times in quick succession.