Sign in to follow this  
Donna Pulsen

FIX the god damn guns right now PLEASE! why did you nerf them!?

Your nerfs to the firearms was UNWANTED unneeded and UNDESIRED.

Guns are utterly USELESS now in PVE.  they are so expensive so late in the game and they are literal TRASH.

I want to play a pirate game to feel like a damn pirate! not use a god damn bow and freaking arrow! this is not ARK this is not the stone age! we do not want to run around with bows and arrows! we want flintlocks and black powder and guns! cannons! BOOM! that kind of thing what in the hell did you devs do to the guns!?

Bows get skills that can up their damage by 60%!!! guns have no skills that up their damage ?! o.0

Bows hit three times harder than guns and reload 3 times faster than guns when fully skilled what the hell did you do devs?! and with fire arrows they hit way harder!

Bows were supplanted by guns fucking centuries ago! we should not be running around with them in late game or even mid game!?

Guns can't even hurt the damned?! it's use a bear or fire arrows or doesn't fucking bother hunting for treasure.

FIX YOUR FIRE ARMS.

Rebuff them right now! leave them alone! if you can not kill a god damn level 1 wolf in a single shot with a late game carbine?! you have fucked up your game design and need to retry.

Edited by Donna Pulsen
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

What nerf is this?? 

I have no trouble with weapons. Is this something that’s happened in the last 10 hours??

also, I’m rather fond of my bow. Guns for heavy hitting, bow for up close and personal where speed is needed.

Edited by TerrorTrooper

They cut the damage of guns in half in the last patch and upped their armor penetration. making them utter trash for PVE content. I can only assume you don't actually use guns. because 35 damage for a pistol is unfreaking acceptable with that long reload time, and no skills to up its damage, it can't even one shot a level 1 wolf!

There is no heavy hitting what the hell are you talking about? bows get skills that can up their damage by 60%! they hit three times as hard as guns when fully skilled, when with guns there is not a single fucking skill that ups their damage.

the reload time for guns does not = it's damage, plain and simple. they either cut the reload time or up it's damage, no other options. bows right now are king, and this is a fucking pirate game not the stone age.

There is a reason guns supplanted bows fucking centuries ago.

because bows are trash compared to guns, but in this game it's opposite day and guns are trash bows are gods, especially with broken ass fire arrows.

Edited by Donna Pulsen
  • Like 1

I use a blunderbus and carbine regularly, (not a fan of the flintlock) and haven’t noticed, admittedly mine are both masterwork.

i will try a vanilla one when I get home. Be interesting to see this nerf. If true, I agree! They didn’t need tampering with.

Try this when you get home and watch the bs, get a bow, upgrade it with the damage skill and watch just how much more damage it does and faster than the guns to. it's sickening.

FYI they are all flintlock weapons >.> I assume you are talking about the pistol.

I'm still getting 400+ damage on a headshot with a green carbine? 150-160 on a body shot.

You should be able to obliterate a lvl 1 squishy wolf with a carbine. 

i've got a masterwork bow, with 165% daamage all damage buffs,  i do roughly 72 per shot on an elephant, as fast as i can spit out arrows.

18 minutes ago, 8ball said:

I'm still getting 400+ damage on a headshot with a green carbine? 150-160 on a body shot.

You should be able to obliterate a lvl 1 squishy wolf with a carbine. 

What happens when you miss, or you have multiple targets? #reloadfordays

Don't miss.  Jk, the carbine is for killing at a distance. You will have time to reload. 

I use mine on everything and usually one shot all but the bigger critters, crocs etc.

The bow is better for rapid close quarters firing, for sure.

Edited by 8ball

that's all i use my carbines for, is pulling distance targets. I honestly hate the reload game, so i hate using the guns, it feels awful and clunky, i wish the melee and close quarters combat was better than it is, and it would be so much fun to dodge crock bites ,and slash it with a sword. Guns have taken a lot of hits, i can't justify using one till maybe i find a 200% damage one.

4 hours ago, trqfreak350 said:

i've got a masterwork bow, with 165% daamage all damage buffs,  i do roughly 72 per shot on an elephant, as fast as i can spit out arrows.

What happens when you miss, or you have multiple targets? #reloadfordays

LOL when you miss? I guess pull out your AR, or gatling gun, and mow down the wildlife to your hearts content😎

While this is a fantasy game, flintlocks do take 15 to 20 seconds for an experienced person to reload. Pretty sure it takes less than that in game. To counteract this, there were multibarrel pistols. Pirates didnt reload mid battle, they switched to a sword or dagger. Or another pistol as many carried multiple pistols.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

While this is a fantasy game, flintlocks do take 15 to 20 seconds for an experienced person to reload. Pretty sure it takes less than that in game. To counteract this, there were multibarrel pistols. Pirates didnt reload mid battle, they switched to a sword or dagger. Or another pistol as many carried multiple pistols.

completely agree, feels like the melee should be overhauled ASAP to make it so much more fun.

• Like 1

I know that at my job the people I’m most inclined to listen to and try to help are the ones screaming profanity at me. Bet the Op’s job works the same way.

• Like 1

So you seem to think a bow doing 3 times more damage at a faster rate than guns is fair fun and enjoyable gameplay? it's not. the reload minigame sucks and honestly, it needs to be either removed or it needs to grant a damage bonus for each mini-game success and a reload speed buff. that way guns can indeed hit like a truck when you need them to, and justify the reload times they gave them.

guns don't feel good right now, you are using masterwork stuff, something 99% of players don't have. I hate treasure hunting cause it's use a bear or nothing.

Guns need a huge damage buff to have that reload justified, or they need to be fair and give the guns skills in their tree to up their damage by 60 go damn %, that is a HUGE increase in damage, just for the bows?!

bows can't pierce armor, guns cut through it like butter, its what made plate armor obsolete in the first place.

Edited by Donna Pulsen

No idea what you are talking about. Firearms haven't been changed since damage and penetration on weapon changes way back in patch 10.43.

Anyway it would be stupid to balance weapons around PvE. If you think bows are so awesome and guns are useless, try fighting with a bow on a PvP server.

I don't care about PVP servers, just a bunch of hackers and griefers, I will 100% stick with the PVE server. and yes, they slashed the gun damage in half to justify the armor pen buff, this is 100% confirmed. and that utterly ruined guns due to PVP whiners crying about getting shot.

• Confused 1

Hmm. As a fellow PVE player, I dont agree about the disparity between bows and guns. 

Bows do lots of damage close up due to their rapid fire, but the bow’s short service life before needing repair and the fact that the projectile drops after about 30 feet, combined with the fact they’re not insta-hit like bullets and can be dodged, kind of makes up for it.

i like the fact that different kit is better for different circumstances, it adds a level of preparation to whatever you are doing, you need to anticipate what you’ll likely need and what loadout to carry. What you’re asking for is the gun to be the only solution and bows to be obsolete from the start.

also, the bow buffs you’re talking about require a heavy skill point investment. Higher than a basic flintlock

• Like 1

I just tested a 100% common carbine on some animals. According to wiki the changes in the ver10. patch means the damage is 340 for a head shot and 136 for normal. I headshot a rattlesnake for 336 and hit the pig for 134. A chicken for 134 and headshot a monkey for 342. These are completely consistent with what I have experienced for as long as I can remember. 

So again, I don't know what you are talking about, gun damage has not been changed since ver10 which was early January 

• Like 1

the issue here or from what I see is that there are some "toys" that are Shine in pvp and really are just for PvP, because you play in pve( not judging. you do you) some of the toys will be less then useful guns really r ment for armoured players, like chainshot is not used in pve either so you might as well talk about a rebalance for them to. It hard to rebalance a tool ment foprpvp just for pve when it really doesn't have a place. 

Agree guns damage needs increasing AND a .05% chance it blows up in your hand destroying the gun and killing the user. Let’s get real people!

6 hours ago, Donna Pulsen said:

I don't care about PVP servers, just a bunch of hackers and griefers, I will 100% stick with the PVE server. and yes, they slashed the gun damage in half to justify the armor pen buff, this is 100% confirmed. and that utterly ruined guns due to PVP whiners crying about getting shot.

Well firearms are meant primarily for PvP, if you are playing PvE, sorry, but firearms won´t ever be balanced around PvE. If you want to kill animals, get bow and arrow or tames. 

What is the OP on about? I have not noticed a difference in firearms. What OP said about pistols only doing 35 dmg to a wolf is not true, I know that. I have wolves all over my island, I shoot them regularly with a pistol to the body for 70 ish damage with a common pistol. Headshots do 135 ish. 

7 hours ago, TerrorTrooper said:

Hmm. As a fellow PVE player, I dont agree about the disparity between bows and guns. 

Bows do lots of damage close up due to their rapid fire, but the bow’s short service life before needing repair and the fact that the projectile drops after about 30 feet, combined with the fact they’re not insta-hit like bullets and can be dodged, kind of makes up for it.

i like the fact that different kit is better for different circumstances, it adds a level of preparation to whatever you are doing, you need to anticipate what you’ll likely need and what loadout to carry. What you’re asking for is the gun to be the only solution and bows to be obsolete from the start.

also, the bow buffs you’re talking about require a heavy skill point investment. Higher than a basic flintlock

i think they are getting things prepared for the crossbow tbh. crossbow will be not as fast as the regular bow but will have more damage than the bow and be the alternative to the flintlock due to its speed. if they changed anything about damage i wouldn't know. that guy must either be not lvled in properly or is bugged in game. i suggest a restart and a skill audit. 

On 5/1/2019 at 9:11 AM, Donna Pulsen said:

if its 100% confirmed give us proof, link to patch notes, screenshots of your crappy dmg or what not, no issues here at all. not pvp'er