Sign in to follow this  
Evir

Looking to come back, see a new Captain's log update...

2 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

This conversation serves no purpose. 

indeed. im just not good at being attacked with faul and undeserved labels by internet warriors that think they're smart when they're not. 

I think the purpose of the op was if he should come back. Id say yes, its a hella amount of fun, and things seem to be going in the right direction. torpedos are most likely only gonna be against underwater craft/tames/buildings.. hopefully not against other boats and such. but, we will have an idea where things are going in the live stream that airs today.

On 4/30/2019 at 6:44 AM, Donna Pulsen said:

No I fully 100% agree with the poster, they are killing this game with this bullshit. they need to go back to the original idea of a fucking pirate game not this be. the guns look like laser guns not flintlocks.

I just uninstalled the game out of disgust of the direction of the game. 900hrs was holding in there trying to support ship game and not this steampunk bs coming into the game.

I would have 1000hrs by now if our servers would have been up.

But i am not longer advocating the game, it can just die a quick death.. Maybe then someone will re look at the way ship game attracted players in the beginning.. Those fanboys can go take a leaping cliff dive too, we all have been supporting the game from the start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

indeed. im just not good at being attacked with faul and undeserved labels by internet warriors that think they're smart when they're not. 

I think the purpose of the op was if he should come back. Id say yes, its a hella amount of fun, and things seem to be going in the right direction. torpedos are most likely only gonna be against underwater craft/tames/buildings.. hopefully not against other boats and such. but, we will have an idea where things are going in the live stream that airs today.

you are clearly in the minority of the players that actually like the changes, most people that have played this game, have quit due to various reasons, but there are people that time to time check in on the game and see what direction it is taking to see if the game is worth coming back to. All this nonsense that you are excited about and want to happen, will not bring them back, in fact, it has the opposite effect, it keeps them away, and they also tell their friends the game is not worth trying. Balance issues are the problem. You can talk all day about how cool flying ships are, or how great torpedoes will be.  However, most players will look at them as easily exploited nonsense that should not be in the game due to balance reasons.

Almost everyone that played this game at some point played ARK, they saw how the Quetz as an example ruined the game experience for most people with the platform saddles and carry weight that they had. It completely imbalanced the game for a very long time allowing people to farm absurd amounts of materials, very quickly and the people that were new to the game coming in, had no hope of catching up at that point. That isnt even considering the offensive capabilities that it introduced with the "invulnerable box" and putting weapons on them. When the TEK tier came out, it got even worse with all the stuff that you could do when that came out.

Things that seem like cool ideas, can seriously impact the game balance and turn it on its head. Leaving people that liked the game balance as it was, having to adapt to the new aspects of the game that they may not like at all in the first place, most of them quit because they do not like the changes, leaving niche players like yourself to lavish praise on the developers for catering to players like you, while alienating everyone else that played it. Leaving you with an empty game that you can be the kings of.

Edited by Evir

If you are wishing for a quick death then good riddance.  I am not a fan of these changes either, but I will continue playing and supporting creative changes that I like and complaining about those I dislike. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

If you are wishing for a quick death then good riddance.  I am not a fan of these changes either, but I will continue playing and supporting creative changes that I like and complaining about those I dislike. 

HEHE where you been? it died already..Whats left is whats left.

However i am completely with you i held in there until now, and after seeing the steam punk bullshit, i hope it dies and someone makes another game that actually is cool.

all those who will leave because of the steampunk changes will leave when black sails comes out anyways. there is no avoiding that fact. no need to cater for those who will abandon the project anyways. 

2 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

all those who will leave because of the steampunk changes will leave when black sails comes out anyways. there is no avoiding that fact. no need to cater for those who will abandon the project anyways. 

It is a similar situation to WoW just on a much shorter time scale. All the people that liked  the concept in the beginning left due to the direction the game was going. Now all that is left are the ever dwindling audience that will end up playing a dead game, wondering where everyone went. Most of them are small group or solo players anyway that do not care about anything large scale or fun for larger groups. They also are primarily PVE players that are in most people's eyes, irrelevant.

I have mentioned it before and feel like it may be a good idea for them to have the tech crap as a seperate DLC. That way you can play it the way you like it and hell Grapeshot can even get a little more cash from the DLC. There's a lot of people who have given up up on it already and more will if it continues in the direction it is heading. I personally already own ARK. If I wanted to play it I would play it.

• Like 1

What blows my mind is they had a hugely popular concept, A massive online pirate themed mmo style game,

And then it appears they actually decide to just turn it into a stupid Ark server without the wipes. And with boats. 

Imo they still do have time to turn it round. And there is room for steam punk type stuff. It's the ridiculous taming crap lazy development .

Add a bigger tame, no thought to balance. No thought to depth of economy etc. Where is the mmo? 

2 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

What blows my mind is they had a hugely popular concept, A massive online pirate themed mmo style game,

And then it appears they actually decide to just turn it into a stupid Ark server without the wipes. And with boats. 

Imo they still do have time to turn it round. And there is room for steam punk type stuff. It's the ridiculous taming crap lazy development .

Add a bigger tame, no thought to balance. No thought to depth of economy etc. Where is the mmo? 

Becomes a MMO because they cant support more then 150 players per server, and if you really look at it maybe 25 without lag. The AI is causing massive lag, the structures are not too bad at all. Ai reached at the 500 mark is completely a 5fps game play in your base. Tested this already on un official.

Its only when you really clip into the base will you get the loading of structures.

I completely agree, and hope they do change it back to the original concept of a pirate game. Taming is just a stupid concept. It lacks imagination.

Edited by Sneakydude