Sign in to follow this  
Evir

Looking to come back, see a new Captain's log update...

Torpedoes. REALLY? 
I decided to check in on the game, see if they had improved the core game mechanics, and I see a picture of a torpedo and a description of torpedoes being able to be attached to gun ports and launched into the water? WOW it is almost like the devs want to kill the game, what is next Ironclads with steam engines that obsolete every ship in the game currently?

26 torpedo broadsides from galleons. GG WP....

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

No I fully 100% agree with the poster, they are killing this game with this bullshit. they need to go back to the original idea of a fucking pirate game not this be. the guns look like laser guns not flintlocks.

• Like 1

Can we get energy shields for the sloop please ? And plasma blasters for front and rear of the raft.

1 minute ago, Talono said:

Can we get energy shields for the sloop please ? And plasma blasters for front and rear of the raft.

You play Atlas 24/7 and yet you complain about how bad that game is all the time, how strange 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Evir said:

game, what is next Ironclads with steam engines that obsolete every 

Yes please.  I'd love to see those slow ironclads. 

Bring me some good pirate FANTASY themes goodies. 

2 hours ago, cidran said:

Yes please.  I'd love to see those slow ironclads. 

Bring me some good pirate FANTASY themes goodies. 

If the banner art on top of the forums is any indication.

Air ships.

But bro...wait..check out the cool vids of the giant crab meta...

Isnt that enough to bring you back?

I swear the devs are actually doing it intentually. 

They cant be as ignorant they are appearing atm.

Edited by Back Stabbath

Hate to break it to you guys but... there is a flying ship on the title screen and this is marketed as a pirate fantasy game. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Meerkat said:

Hate to break it to you guys but... there is a flying ship on the title screen and this is marketed as a pirate fantasy game. 

when are we getting anti-aircraft missiles and aircraft carriers?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gadefence said:

If the banner art on top of the forums is any indication.

Air ships.

I know  xD 

I dont mind the fantasy element.  I just hope they stick to a steampunk theme and don't go full ARK with this one. 

1 hour ago, Evir said:

Well, catapult + glider = ship to air guided pirate.

19 hours ago, Evir said:

Torpedoes. REALLY? 
I decided to check in on the game, see if they had improved the core game mechanics, and I see a picture of a torpedo and a description of torpedoes being able to be attached to gun ports and launched into the water? WOW it is almost like the devs want to kill the game, what is next Ironclads with steam engines that obsolete every ship in the game currently?

26 torpedo broadsides from galleons. GG WP....

It isn’t that good of a game to begin with. Sure I’ll buy it but I won’t be spending a lot of time on it. Already did that with ark. The main reason they shot thenselves in the foot is because people already spent 1000’s of hours in ark. They just aren’t going to do it again. That and atlas I ark so yeah.

if you notice, most people that play the game are fine with the numbers being low. This is a very niche group that are still engaging. The mega update didn’t even bring half of the people back and that was even after the main half left before all of this.

a niche game is the best that can be hoped for. People that aren’t ark players like eve players or whatever can say ark was crap all they want. It was a success. This isn’t and won’t be. Gotta love the fanboys saying it’s ea lol. The numbers won’t change after release just like they didn’t with ark. Whoever is going to buy it already bought it. Sure a few more people will buy it but there will not be this big influx people think it will.

this new addition of tek this early is really showing the lack of originality from these guys. They have only sped up the process that they went with ark. Pumped up tames and have gathering efficiency early. Gave perm 2x early and brought in tek very early.

they are sledding things up for the sake of salvations but sometimes you are just a one hit wonder. Nothing wrong with that by the way. It’s only wrong when you don’t realize it

It's just a shame because if the would have went with Thier original idea. What they actually advertised was Thier original idea.....

They would actually have a success. 

Extremely lazy thinking imo. Poor devs. Or maybe leadership. Maybe someone higher up will get fired and they will change directions. 

Could still be a great pirate game. If they create the game they originally advertized. Stear from the Ark shit taming crap it could turn around  yet.

10 hours ago, Realist said:

It isn’t that good of a game to begin with. Sure I’ll buy it but I won’t be spending a lot of time on it. Already did that with ark. The main reason they shot thenselves in the foot is because people already spent 1000’s of hours in ark. They just aren’t going to do it again. That and atlas I ark so yeah.

if you notice, most people that play the game are fine with the numbers being low. This is a very niche group that are still engaging. The mega update didn’t even bring half of the people back and that was even after the main half left before all of this.

a niche game is the best that can be hoped for. People that aren’t ark players like eve players or whatever can say ark was crap all they want. It was a success. This isn’t and won’t be. Gotta love the fanboys saying it’s ea lol. The numbers won’t change after release just like they didn’t with ark. Whoever is going to buy it already bought it. Sure a few more people will buy it but there will not be this big influx people think it will.

this new addition of tek this early is really showing the lack of originality from these guys. They have only sped up the process that they went with ark. Pumped up tames and have gathering efficiency early. Gave perm 2x early and brought in tek very early.

they are sledding things up for the sake of salvations but sometimes you are just a one hit wonder. Nothing wrong with that by the way. It’s only wrong when you don’t realize it

ARK had an advantage over Atlas and it was lack of survival games in ARK EA phase. There were only ARK and Rust, nothing else worth mentioning. Atlas as a survival mmo needs to rival not only 1 another game but ARK, Rust and Conan Exiles. ARK and Rust are both in a better shape than Atlas (ofc, its 4 years old game) rn so a lot of ARK and Rust players who played Atlas went back to these games and are waiting for Atlas to be in a better shape. 

You can´t compare ARK numbers and Atlas numbers, ARK had only 1 rival, Atlas has many more including ARK itself. 

Edited by Willard

I feel Atlas is getting better every day. What is missing is a player base that actually works out quite well. At the moment for example there's no point in opening a player shop, without it the economy can't run and without running economy the game is only half for me as a trader at least.

Other than that I am looking forward to further changes, the new Colonies System keeps my sleeping cycle intact and I can do much more ship combat than before. Settlements are still an issue tho as they aren't used by Settlers at all. I'd actually change the entire lawless System to support this because on lawless servers I'd put the very rare resources and enable the old claim system only for these Islands so people actually start fighting over rare resources.

Anyway comparing to other games I paid 25 bucks for a lot of fun with a lot of people which I cannot complain about seeing other games prices/monthly fees/ingame shops.
I havn't played ARK, from the Videos I don't like it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Evir said:

i honestly wouldn't mind  tbh. as long as it isnt fucking dinos. i love fantasy.

2 hours ago, Gönndyr Meergold said:

I feel Atlas is getting better every day. What is missing is a player base that actually works out quite well. At the moment for example there's no point in opening a player shop, without it the economy can't run and without running economy the game is only half for me as a trader at least.

Other than that I am looking forward to further changes, the new Colonies System keeps my sleeping cycle intact and I can do much more ship combat than before. Settlements are still an issue tho as they aren't used by Settlers at all. I'd actually change the entire lawless System to support this because on lawless servers I'd put the very rare resources and enable the old claim system only for these Islands so people actually start fighting over rare resources.

Anyway comparing to other games I paid 25 bucks for a lot of fun with a lot of people which I cannot complain about seeing other games prices/monthly fees/ingame shops.
I havn't played ARK, from the Videos I don't like it.

exactly. it really is getting better every day. as for the community i'm beginning to think that the majority of people that post here are like realist and don't even know what they're talking about except from reading other posts from people just like them or watching youtube videos. its hilarious for how pathetic they are but wow... its toxic to bringing new players when they hear about a game and most of the info they get is from people that dont even know what they're talking about.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

5 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i honestly wouldn't mind  tbh. as long as it isnt fucking dinos. i love fantasy.

exactly. it really is getting better every day. i'm beginning to think that the majority of people that post here are like realist and don't even know what they're talking about except from reading other posts from people just like them or watching youtube videos. its hilarious for how pathetic they are but wow... its toxic to bringing new players when they hear about a game and most of the info they get is from people that dont even know what they're talking about.

The game itself is toxic, it only caters to a niche audience that was like, we want steam punk but not too much steam punk, just enough to throw off the balance of the game, we also want fantasy where we fight mythical creatures,, but not too much fantasy, so it is all optional, and we want pirates but not really pirates. 

Edited by Evir
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Evir said:

The game itself is toxic, it only caters to a niche audience that was like, we want steam punk but not too much steam punk, just enough to throw off the balance of the game, we also want fantasy where we fight mythical creatures, but it really is optional, but not too much fantasy and we want pirates but not really pirates. 

before the game was launched EA there was a lore page on the site that talked about the islands being droplets from a mega continent in the sky.. and that the soldiers of the damned are cursed sky people or what not. i want the lore to come true and make some fantasy.. right now there's almost no fantasy..  how do you have a sky continents and all the super fantasy stuff without flying ships and everything that comes with a sky people. cmon guys... there needs to be sky wars.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

1 minute ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

before the game was launched EA there was a lore page on the site that talked about the islands being droplets from a mega continent in the sky.. and that the soldiers of the damned are cursed sky people or what not. i want the lore to come true and make some fantasy.. right now there's almost no fantasy..  how do you have a sky continentnant and all the super fantasy stuff without flying ships and everything that comes with a sky people. cmon guys... there needs to be sky wars.

you can babble on about the lore like the rest of the sycophants for this game but the game was marketed as a pirate game with some fantasy elements, not what it has become and is becoming in the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Evir said:

you can babble on about the lore like the rest of the sycophants for this game but the game was marketed as a pirate game with some fantasy elements, not what it has become and is becoming in the future.

See, first, way to use a the word sycophant incorrectly: a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.

as i am neither babbling on or kissing ass for advantage as no one here important enough for me to do so, it brings me to think you are also one who doesn't know what they're talking about and perhaps just use elaborate words to make yourself feel smart to those who don't actually know of what you speak of.

Second, i just described what the game was marketed as to me when i bought it before it was released. Just because you don't want the game to develop the way it was intended doesn't mean it was marketed to you incorrectly. it is a pirate game. it is a fantasy game. get ready for some fantasy.  

I am not looking forward to all the tech crap they want to put in.  I want a good'ol 1800's pirate adventure with small skirmishes and large wars.  Basic tames are ok for improved farming and hauling cannons around for siege, but the rest gets on my nerves. 

3 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

See, first, way to use a the word sycophant incorrectly: a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.

as i am neither babbling on or kissing ass for advantage as no one here important enough for me to do so, it brings me to think you are also one who doesn't know what they're talking about and perhaps just use elaborate words to make yourself feel smart to those who don't actually know of what you speak of.

Second, i just described what the game was marketed as to me when i bought it before it was released. Just because you don't want the game to develop the way it was intended doesn't mean it was marketed to you incorrectly. it is a pirate game. it is a fantasy game. get ready for some fantasy.  

dictionary.com
sycophant
noun
a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.

Fits you perfectly. IDK how I used it incorrectly.

10 minutes ago, Evir said:

dictionary.com
sycophant
noun
a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.

Fits you perfectly. IDK how I used it incorrectly.

even better definition!

wheres am i self serving and asskissing; being a fawning parasite? you went on your rant talking about how it was marketed, in your opinion, (regardless the lore that was marketed as well)... 

Id speculate you're the perfect candidate for that definition: as you're self serving your ambition for the game to stay the same. fawning and flattering those who hold your beliefs. a fawning clown and parasite to this games future as already described in the lore and the way it was actually marketed. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki