Sign in to follow this  
cfxyxx

Please, do not put all SODs together

This is worst idea. It's good to hunt one high level SODs, but not fight 5 of them. Today we fight 5 SODs in m12. We spent a lot of ammos finnally destroyed an galion with 50 LV. However, there are still 4small SODs. SO, we have no time to collect our reward. When we kill all of them and come back, the reward already disappear. This is so stupid. the reward of SODS was too low. Hunting SODS is more difficult than digging treasures. However, reward for destroying an SOD only equal 10%of digging a treasure map. There are so many low level SODs and destroy them only can get some garbage. 

• Like 3

not about the gold when hunting sotd , u hunt them for ship blueprints , cannons , balistas , planks higher level crew etc , treasure maps are for main gold income , player need to stop whining about the sotd and hunt them for the what they actually give 

SHIP RELATED BLUEPRINTS ND HIGHER LVL CREW 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, UDO said:

not about the gold when hunting sotd , u hunt them for ship blueprints , cannons , balistas , planks etc , treasure maps are for main gold income , player need to stop whining about the sotd and hunt them for the what they actually give 

SHIP RELATED BLUEPRINTS ND HIGHER LVL CREW 

an level 50 galion only give 3 blueprints? Last time I got 3 mortar blueprint from a galion with lv 59. What mortar can do in a pve ser? And there so many green small SODs, blueprints from them also is garbage. The most important thing is we have no time to pick up our rewards, because there are still some other SODs nearby. when we come back the reward already disappear

Edited by cfxyxx

i and my ally both manage fine and still collect the rewards , both in crew and bp , he recently built a mythical shipyard from sotd bp , so to say they are not worth the time is not really true , dont farm them for gold farm them for the bp and crew ..... 

if u have other players in your company take 2 ships when farming sotd , we all know they come in fleets now so adjust your tactics to suit ,not everything has to be easy mode and handed to us on silver platters

Edited by UDO

3 minutes ago, UDO said:

i and my ally both manage fine and still collect the rewards , both in crew and bp , he recently built a mythical shipyard from sotd bp , so to say they are not worth the time is not really true , dont farm them for gold farm them for the bp and crew ..... 

if u have other players in your company take 2 ships when farming sotd , we all know they come in fleets now so adjust your tactics to suit ,not everything has to be easy mode and handed to us on silver platters

Edited just now by UDO

This only for big company. we only have 3 players.  most time we need fight with SODs only by 1 person. feel bad for this version. It's worse than last version 1.0. at least in that version we don''t need face so many SODs togther.

did u read what i wrote , i am a 2 player company my ally is solo , he recently killed and fleet of high lvl and got mythical shipyard and tons of high lvl crew solo , 

2 man company take 2 ships one ship kites the sotd and destoys then the other one picks up the loot , 

why is it so many players cannot think outside the box and have to have everything handed to them , why are they always quoting only for big groups ....

Edited by UDO

6 minutes ago, UDO said:

did u read what i wrote , i am a 2 player company my ally is solo , he recently killed and fleet of high lvl and got mythical shipyard and tons of high lvl crew solo , 

2 man company take 2 ships one ship kites the sotd and destoys then the other one picks up the loot , 

why is it so many players cannot think outside the box and have to have everything handed to them , why are they always quoting only for big groups ....

yes I know, you are two players company. We looks like have 1 person more than you. However, most time we only 1 person online. So two ships is impossible. Do you have tried to hunt SODs only by one person?

Edited by cfxyxx

3 minutes ago, cfxyxx said:

yes I know, you are two players company. We looks like have 1 person more than you. However, most time we only 1 person online. So two ships is impossible. Do you try to hunt SODs only by one person?

yes i do , rear cannons on brig, kite them not too far away destroy and collect loot ,

if going for high lvl i.e lvl 50 , organise it so that u take 2 ships or as u rightly say a lot of the chests will despawn before u finish the job , , solo is not going to get you very far with higher lvl sotd fleets (post on these forums about players using upwards of 400 cannon balls and still not destroying the lvl 50's), always try to make sure you have addiitonal ships or players to grab the loot as the ships are destroyed.

yes its harder now but that adds to the pve challenge , 

Edited by UDO

2 minutes ago, UDO said:

yes i do , rear cannons on brig, kite them not too far away destroy and collect loot ,

if going for high lvl i.e lvl 50 , organise it so that u take 2 ships or as u rightly say a lot of the chests will despawn before u finish the job , , solo is not going to get you very far with higher lvl sotd fleets (post on these forums about players using upwards of 400 cannon balls and still not destroying the lvl 50's), always try to make sure you have addiitonal ships or players to grab the loot as the ships are destroyed.

maybe you are right, but I still don't like this version. it makes me feel bad not enjoy this game.:classic_sad:

7 minutes ago, UDO said:

I like hunt a powerful boss 1 by 1 with huge reward, not fight many ships togther.

Nope. This version of SOTD is far better. You can sail from server to server without bumping into a sotd every few mins.

You just bump into 1-2 fleets and you can easily sail around them.

Oh and yea. 1 brig. 1 person. large cannons at the back. You can solo whole fleet.. So please don't try to convince us that it's hard 🙂

While it's not hard to kill em (I already sunked 20 of them and I do it without louvers designs or kiting tactics) and IMAO - right now the fight is way more interesting than before - the LOOT problem is here.

Especially in high-lvl fights. And of course for Galley fighters. Because you sail and maneuvering a-lot (and Galley-guys have to do 1-2 minutes full sail straights). You basically get loot from last SotD you sink because you can not find all other or because long fight - they just gone.

Something needs to me done about this. For example - loot flotsams  need to be marked somehow (like on the map, or even with light pillars like corpse but with extended visibility). And It has to live long enough so you have tame to fight all fleet, then sail to each flotsam and then dive and gather them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

While it's not hard to kill em (I already sunked 20 of them and I do it without louvers designs or kiting tactics) and IMAO - right now the fight is way more interesting than before - the LOOT problem is here.

Especially in high-lvl fights. And of course for Galley fighters. Because you sail and maneuvering a-lot (and Galley-guys have to do 1-2 minutes full sail straights). You basically get loot from last SotD you sink because you can not find all other or because long fight - they just gone.

Something needs to me done about this. For example - loot flotsams  need to be marked somehow (like on the map, or even with light pillars like corpse but with extended visibility). And It has to live long enough so you have tame to fight all fleet, then sail to each flotsam and then dive and gather them.

anything above approx 30-35 will require at least 2 ships to destroy them in a timescale that allows you too grab the loot before it despawns , 

although a few extra minutes on the despawn timer would certainly help with this issue 

Edited by uli
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Grimuald said:

Nope. This version of SOTD is far better. You can sail from server to server without bumping into a sotd every few mins.

Oh and yea. 1 brig. 1 person. large cannons at the back. You can solo whole fleet.. So please don't try to convince us that it's hard 🙂

yeah it's good for travel,but not for fight. Kill green SODs are very easy. it's hard to kill 3 high level(LV 30+) at a short time.

7 hours ago, Grimuald said:

do you know the feeling when you spend a long time finding a high level SOD and kill it, but the reward just disappear?