Sign in to follow this  
Willard

LF settlers EU PvP

Hey guys, we are looking for a smaller tribes (or a bigger ones who don't want to own their own Settlement) to become Settlers on our Settlements. We are currently on i7. Plenty of room to build, a lot of metal (10 iridium spawns all connected with bridges for easy transport) and basic resources like wood, thatch and stone. 

We can offer you help with defence in case you need it. We expect you to help defending the island in case of enemy attacks. We pay upkeep ( it's 1300g/day Settlement), you pay the taxes. If you prove to be good, we can make an alliance and raid together.

Ahh no thanks. I dont want to pay 30% slave taxes to you as my master. I furthermore dont like you to demolish my base for 24h after building it up. I furthermore dont like that you as my slaver can attack me at will while i can not defend myself.

And i like to build cannons, what is not allowed if i live a life as your slave.

If i will ever change my mind you will have my bear cannons and galleons at your gates...muhahahaha.

5 minutes ago, Talono said:

Ahh no thanks. I dont want to pay 30% slave taxes to you as my master. I furthermore dont like you to demolish my base for 24h after building it up. I furthermore dont like that you as my slaver can attack me at will while i can not defend myself.

And i like to build cannons, what is not allowed if i live a life as your slave.

If i will ever change my mind you will have my bear cannons and galleons at your gates...muhahahaha.

You totally don't understand the concept m8 😉 and come if you want, 2 megas already failed at raiding us, Im sure you will have a success 😉

Edited by Willard

guess Talono was just sarcastic - the settlers system is good, but there's plenty of room for improvements because right now you cannot really settle somewhere without beeing scared of a dispute making the island owner take all your stuff with nothing you can do about it.

That Talono guy seems like an absolute salt-lord, whinging and whining because he has to kiss the boot of better companies, surprised hes even playing colonies after he was so adamant that empires was the superior server, even when it was dead on arrival because everyone except him agreed it was a disaster.

Make any post including 'colonies' and 'tax' and hes sure to reply with how amazing he is for solo raiding people, and how he will never pay taxs. Sounds like an attention seeking 12year old. No one cares, stop spamming the forum

14 hours ago, Gönndyr Meergold said:

guess Talono was just sarcastic - the settlers system is good, but there's plenty of room for improvements because right now you cannot really settle somewhere without beeing scared of a dispute making the island owner take all your stuff with nothing you can do about it.

If you are a small group of 5 owning an island and bigger group of lets say 20-30 decides you to raid you then you won't be able to do anything neither. This game is about politics, being aggresive prick does not pay off in this game 🙂

Edited by Willard

2 hours ago, Willard said:

If you are a small group of 5 owning an island and bigger group of lets say 20-30 decides you to raid you then you won't be able to do anything neither. This game is about politics, being aggresive prick does not pay off in this game 🙂

I know in most cases you would be right but, considering what i've seen so far, the more likely scenario is that a group of 20-30 is composed 80-90% of pve players that ocasionally like to pvp. If the group of 5 are hardcore pvp players with home advantage, i'd like their chances.  i'm not including myself in any of those groups, im just trying to say that fortunately, on this scale skills might actually matter too.

• Like 1

Guys thank you for opinions but I really don't want this topic to be discussion about owner/settler concept.

We would really appreciate some settlers on our Settlement. If someone who knows its beneficial for both sides is interested, let me know 😉 we are not dicks, we keep fighting megas, not small companies 🙂

Edited by Willard

17 hours ago, Gönndyr Meergold said:

Well I am not sure, if you understood the mechanics. A settlement owner can only demolish your structures within the first 24h. And if the landlord is interested in taxes and good settlers, why should he do that within the first 24h ?
Thereafter in a dispute he must raid your base in the same way, any base can be raided outside peacetime. You should ask your future landlord, if you get the permission to place defensive canons. If he agrees, all is fine. If he denies, well I would look for a better place. The landlord can temporarily change the setttings regarding placement of canons, so he can also kind of control, how much defenses he will allow. I think this system is not bad balanced, you just need to play it right.

So if you play the system right, at least you should be able to defend your stuff. Just find the right landlord and place to settle.

• Thanks 1