Sign in to follow this  
Willard

Sail max. velocity doesn't work

BP sails should be nerfed in a way that max speed bonus is taken away from game. It is too imbalanced for pvp. In PvE it should be allowed.

11 minutes ago, gnihar said:

BP sails should be nerfed in a way that max speed bonus is taken away from game. It is too imbalanced for pvp. In PvE it should be allowed.

Everyone can get better BPs. 

25 minutes ago, Willard said:

Everyone can get better BPs. 

Except in 1 crucial detail: time invested in farming the BPs, farming the 6 materials, farming the mythos, surviving the farm phase, leveling a specialized INT based character to 1,4k Intelligence, taming a crow, and finally crafting the 200% sail takes less than 1 day for a zerg company. To everyone else...

And for what, in the end? So that zerg admins and leaders have the pleasure to hunt down and destroy bob ships effortlessly, tipping the game balance even further.

For a person who seems smart, you sometimes seem incredibly short sighted.

This week ATLAS player base dropped further: in the night of mega update, during the peak hours, it had just 6k players.

That is a drop from the starting 12k, since the wipe.

Now divide that number by 2 and that is the number of pvp players. Divide that further by 2 and you have the number of official players. Further division by 2 reveals the NA player count and EU player count on pvp.

For how much longer will the zerg more have the pleasure of blasting the smaller tribes with their 220% cannons, do you think? Well, the answer begins to be quite clear to me..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gnihar said:

Except in 1 crucial detail: time invested in farming the BPs, farming the 6 materials, farming the mythos, surviving the farm phase, leveling a specialized INT based character to 1,4k Intelligence, taming a crow, and finally crafting the 200% sail takes less than 1 day for a zerg company. To everyone else...

And for what, in the end? So that zerg admins and leaders have the pleasure to hunt down and destroy bob ships effortlessly, tipping the game balance even further.

For a person who seems smart, you sometimes seem incredibly short sighted.

This week ATLAS player base dropped further: in the night of mega update, during the peak hours, it had just 6k players.

That is a drop from the starting 12k, since the wipe.

Now divide that number by 2 and that is the number of pvp players. Divide that further by 2 and you have the number of official players. Further division by 2 reveals the NA player count and EU player count on pvp.

For how much longer will the zerg more have the pleasure of blasting the smaller tribes with their 220% cannons, do you think? Well, the answer begins to be quite clear to me..

Big companies will always eat smaller ones if they want in this type of game. Just like in ARK, just like in Rust. They simply have much more players which means much more invested time. You cant do anything about that. Speed sails don´t matter. Small companies have 2 ships, zerg companies have 20 ships. Doesn´t matter if speed sails work or not from the small company point of view. 

This simply makes ship fights long and boring af. Ship fights are slow, transport gallies are slow. All because of this bug. 

Edit: I´ve just had an amazing brig/brig fight again. Enemy brig sunk our sloop so we wanted revenge. 45 minutes of chasing enemy brig, us legendary speed sails, them blue sails. Absolutely same speed, such a nice PvP experience. It´s the most boring shit ever. Ye we gave it up, so 45 minutes of boredom. Is this really what you want Ghihar? 

This really makes me think about quitting the game until they fix it. It has been reported for more than a month and they are unable to fix it. 

Edited by Willard

Seriously dude, this rant about not being able to gank people it's hilarious. By your description he has an inferior ship and doesn't want to fight back ( im not surprised tbh, only idiots want to get in fights if they don't believe they can win or get out in time) and as you are unable to catch him, you want gs to fix the rest of your op gear so you can steamroll him. What you are describing is the very definition of why this should never be fixed and the speed bonus replaced by something else, and why they should take a look at the rest of bp ship part bonuses.

34 minutes ago, znasser said:

Seriously dude, this rant about not being able to gank people it's hilarious. By your description he has an inferior ship and doesn't want to fight back ( im not surprised tbh, only idiots want to get in fights if they don't believe they can win or get out in time) and as you are unable to catch him, you want gs to fix the rest of your op gear so you can steamroll him. What you are describing is the very definition of why this should never be fixed and the speed bonus replaced by something else, and why they should take a look at the rest of bp ship part bonuses.

Yes this is ark concept of who has the best gear and more level, wins. I would not mind it at all, if we had smalltribes pvp servers that are limited to 6 ppl. Like colonies should have been, and empires for the disgusting herds.

1 minute ago, gnihar said:

Yes this is ark concept of who has the best gear and more level, wins. I would not mind it at all, if we had smalltribes pvp servers that are limited to 6 ppl. Like colonies should have been, and empires for the disgusting herds.

I have very limited knowledge of ark, but i don't think it's a small vs bigger company problem. Im in a very small company which has gotten a lot smaller as people stopped playing, and i have had high end gear since almost 2-3 days after wipe cuz back then golden age ruin servers had almost nobody farming. Having a few rare mats of each it's very easy, and now with cargo racks it's even easier. Crafting bonus and high end shipyard is more complicated but as time passes everybody will get there too, i don't think it's such an issue.

Problem basically is you have 200%+ items. So if you have 2x damage and 2x hp, and you fight someone with 1.3-1.4x hp and 1.3-1.4 dmg (that's JM or low MW) you have so much advantage that it's impossible for the guy with the worse ship to win unless something unusual happens ( like game crashing, or you having a stroke 😄 ). High end gear is that op. Now you just have to add i don't know, 10% more speed and think about the consequences of getting in render distance of one of those things with a ship that it's not like them.

It's a clear game balance problem, ofc high end stuff should be better, but not so much better. 

1 hour ago, znasser said:

What part of "the enemy sunk our sloop se we wanted revenge" don't u understand? Why do you talk about ganging someone? It was 1vs1 brig. It is fuckin booooring, thats all I care about. You don't fight at sea much do you? Because you would know EVERY fight turns into chasing across sectors because 1 side always starts to lose at some point. That means they start running and boring af chase starts. 

Its really bad if you have boring ship fights in a game which is based on ship fights.

Edited by Willard

8 minutes ago, znasser said:

I have very limited knowledge of ark, but i don't think it's a small vs bigger company problem. Im in a very small company which has gotten a lot smaller as people stopped playing, and i have had high end gear since almost 2-3 days after wipe cuz back then golden age ruin servers had almost nobody farming. Having a few rare mats of each it's very easy, and now with cargo racks it's even easier. Crafting bonus and high end shipyard is more complicated but as time passes everybody will get there too, i don't think it's such an issue.

Problem basically is you have 200%+ items. So if you have 2x damage and 2x hp, and you fight someone with 1.3-1.4x hp and 1.3-1.4 dmg (that's JM or low MW) you have so much advantage that it's impossible for the guy with the worse ship to win unless something unusual happens ( like game crashing, or you having a stroke 😄 ). High end gear is that op. Now you just have to add i don't know, 10% more speed and think about the consequences of getting in render distance of one of those things with a ship that it's not like them.

It's a clear game balance problem, ofc high end stuff should be better, but not so much better. 

That is absolutely same as i Ark. It functions there because there is smaltribes servers.

In games like ark and atlas , skill does not matter much. 

It is about 2 things only: resources and networking. And both come from player number in a tribe.

The ammount of time needed to far and obtain 250% gear is much lower for megatribes tha for 2 of our tribes, and in there lies the reason.

Edited by gnihar

2 minutes ago, Willard said:

What part of "the enemy sunk our sloop se we wanted revenge" don't u understand? Why do you talk about ganging someone? It was 1vs1 brig. It is fuckin booooring, thats all I care about. You don't fight at sea much do you? Because you would know EVERY fight turns into chasing across sectors because 1 side always starts to lose at some point. That means they start running and boring af chase starts. 

He ganked a sloop and you wanted to gank him to retaliate i get it,  it's still not a fight.

Fighting solo in the sea it's all i have been doing post wipe, pre wipe, a part of the last two weeks that i've been forced to build defences and boring the shit out of me 'playing', it's basically what i've done since february. We are always faster than the ships we are fighting, not a lot faster, but faster, and honestly other than mistakes on our part getting out of render distance for being too cautious to not get hit  during maneuvers or ships reaching the freeport we haven't missed the kill in fights we were winning.  You can still be faster, i give you a hint, every kilo counts, think out the box to drop weight.

59 minutes ago, znasser said:

He ganked a sloop and you wanted to gank him to retaliate i get it,  it's still not a fight.

Fighting solo in the sea it's all i have been doing post wipe, pre wipe, a part of the last two weeks that i've been forced to build defences and boring the shit out of me 'playing', it's basically what i've done since february. We are always faster than the ships we are fighting, not a lot faster, but faster, and honestly other than mistakes on our part getting out of render distance for being too cautious to not get hit  during maneuvers or ships reaching the freeport we haven't missed the kill in fights we were winning.  You can still be faster, i give you a hint, every kilo counts, think out the box to drop weight.

Oh thank you for teaching me that every kilo counts, i didn't know that ... nvm man, we got different opinions and obviously won't persuade each other. 

They should either remove it or fix it. If they remove it it will be an impulse to remove speeds and start using handlings. But now people with better BP speeds hesitate to remove them because they hope fix will come.

Ofc must be fixed... If u wanna play in a company of 3 people IS only ur problem.... And from every choice born good and bad things... If u play in a company of 6 u Will have difficult to take good bp... But u have ur freedom and ur management... Otherwise u can start a ranking in a big tribe and play with nice bp... IS only ur choice... IS how go the real world nothing of strange... 

Edited by breaker910

And in any case also if the bp are removed and all the bonuses are the same etc... A big tribe always could come with 10 or 20 ships and sunk 2 or 3 ships really easily... Then IS not a problem of bp...but a problem of number... And still not a problem but a necessity to be big