Sign in to follow this  
Willard

Sail max. velocity doesn't work

2 brigs - 1 brig with 9100/19000 (48% weight) weight, legendary large speed sails with 120% max sail velocity speed, other brig with 8400/18600 (45% weight) weight with green large speed sails with 104% max sail velocity speed.

Speed test - brig with green sails with 3% less weight was slightly faster than legendary brig. Both captains full captaineering. 

Its either a bug and this stat simply does not work or it is intended. In both cases this needs to be resolved. Sail quality is practically for durability only rn. Getting 5 different resources for better sails is practically useless. 

Repair it or make sail quality matter much more. It is really annoying if brig with primitive sails is faster than brig with legendary sails 😉

Edit: Maybe it is the same problem as speed multiplier on armor sets. That does not work either.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any chance of getting this fixed? Its really not fun when "primitive" brigs run away from brigs with legendary sails. In PvP being faster gives you extreme advantage thats why speed sails are so important.

Any response if this is even noticed?

Edited by Willard

you sure same speed? take a sexstant and do the minigame to get a onscreen speed knot, go max sail and full wind and see if there is difference or not

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momo Ochita said:

you sure same speed? take a sexstant and do the minigame to get a onscreen speed knot, go max sail and full wind and see if there is difference or not

Yes im sure. Didn´t use sextand but im pretty sure sailing side by side across half the sector is pretty straightforward test 😉 

Edited by Willard

If it is really a Bug report it imidiatly.
But first i woulfd try the Sextant, thats how i check my actuall Speed of ships.

Ahoy and good plunder.

On 5/7/2019 at 3:13 PM, der_schneemann said:

If it is really a Bug report it imidiatly.
But first i woulfd try the Sextant, thats how i check my actuall Speed of ships.

Ahoy and good plunder.

I did 🙂 they are already working on it (as Dollie said on discord). Btw you cant test it with sextant and only 1 ship. You need 2 same boats going side by side with different quality sails to see its not working. We did tests multiple times, 2x lvl 1 brigs with same weight, 2x lvl 1 schooners with same weight. Results are all the same - speed of these ships was exactly the same. Problem is 1 ship had common speed sails and second 120% legendary sails 😄

Edited by Willard

5 hours ago, Willard said:

I did 🙂 they are already working on it (as Dollie said on discord). Btw you cant test it with sextant and only 1 ship. You need 2 same boats going side by side with different quality sails to see its not working. We did tests multiple times, 2x lvl 1 brigs with same weight, 2x lvl 1 schooners with same weight. Results are all the same - speed of these ships was exactly the same. Problem is 1 ship had common speed sails and second 120% legendary sails 😄

can you link to where they confirmed they're working on it?

39 minutes ago, Goombay said:

can you link to where they confirmed they're working on it?

Hey Ahoi,

anybody knows is it fixed or still dosent work ?

blue or better sails with no Bonus are really bad ass.

gruß,

der_schneemann

9 hours ago, der_schneemann said:

Hey Ahoi,

anybody knows is it fixed or still dosent work ?

blue or better sails with no Bonus are really bad ass.

gruß,

der_schneemann

Hey, it still doesn't work

33 minutes ago, DemonSpy said:

Maybe fixed on PTR?

Anybody checked?

I guess it would be in patch notes. I don't think someone is farming better blueprints on ptr btw. 

Definitely not fixed yet:

image.png

Edited by Isu

Its the most annoying bug for me to be honest. It makes ship fights extremely long because everyone is on pretty much the same speed. Its not fun when you need to chase someone 3 sectors to hit him. 

Edited by Willard

5 minutes ago, Willard said:

Its the most annoying bug for me to be honest. It makes ship fights extremely long because everyone is on pretty much the same speed. Its not fun when you need to chase someone 3 sectors to hit gank him. 

Fixed that for you. 

1 minute ago, znasser said:

Fixed that for you. 

Well, what is the point? 

11 minutes ago, Willard said:

Well, what is the point? 

My point is now that they simplified so much weight management so that everybody is on the same weight, speed buff on sails would be completely out of balance. Instead of being fixed it should be replaced by other buff or simply removed.

50 minutes ago, znasser said:

My point is now that they simplified so much weight management so that everybody is on the same weight, speed buff on sails would be completely out of balance. Instead of being fixed it should be replaced by other buff or simply removed.

Lol. Why should I not be faster when I have better speed sails? Thats why it's called speed sail, it gives you speed. 

What else is unbalanced? Common vs legendary planks? Should they add a different bonus to planks too? Or to cannons? 

Edited by Willard

2 minutes ago, Willard said:

Lol. Why should I not be faster when I have better speed sails? 

And hit harder when you have better cannons, and have a bigger hp pool with your better planks,  you want your improved out of balance items to still being op, why wouldn't you?  Ofc you don't want to chase for three sectors a guy that clearly doesn't want to fight you back, when you can gank him in just one. Im not trying to convince you, im just stating something that is quite obvious to me, bp bonuses are completely ridiculous, and now that warships are very lightweight, fixing the speed bonus would make it worse. 

Before you say anything about me getting better things too, i'm gonna tell you i already have them. I just wish the shipfights in the game would be more skill based like in post wipe early days rather than blob/op gear based like they are now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, znasser said:

And hit harder when you have better cannons, and have a bigger hp pool with your better planks,  you want your improved out of balance items to still being op, why wouldn't you?  Ofc you don't want to chase for three sectors a guy that clearly doesn't want to fight you back, when you can gank him in just one. Im not trying to convince you, im just stating something that is quite obvious to me, bp bonuses are completely ridiculous, and now that warships are very lightweight, fixing the speed bonus would make it worse. 

Before you say anything about me getting better things too, i'm gonna tell you i already have them. I just wish the shipfights in the game would be more skill based like in post wipe early days rather than blob/op gear based like they are now.

Guy who clearly doesn't want to fight me? And what about guy who is trying to sink our transport ship and when you come with your war ship he just goes away. Is it really necessary I have to chase him 3 sectors away even if I have better sails? Its extremely boring. Everyone wants to fight but when he starts losing he just goes away from fight and you have chase him like an ape for an hour. But mostly you just give up right? If sails work I know exactly if I am able to catch him (if I have better sails) or I can't (if he is faster). That would save a lot of time.

Edit: And yes, if you have better cannons, better planks etc. its not unbalanced, everyone can do that. Everyone can farm BPs, everyone can go for rare materials and craft better parts of ship. Just like armor, just like weapons. It's the very core mechanic of this game. If people invest time in this it's completely fine they have an advantage over those who don't. 

Edited by Willard

1 hour ago, Willard said:

Guy who clearly doesn't want to fight me? And what about guy who is trying to sink our transport ship and when you come with your war ship he just goes away. Is it really necessary I have to chase him 3 sectors away even if I have better sails? Its extremely boring. Everyone wants to fight but when he starts losing he just goes away from fight and you have chase him like an ape for an hour. But mostly you just give up right? If sails work I know exactly if I am able to catch him (if I have better sails) or I can't (if he is faster). That would save a lot of time.

Edit: And yes, if you have better cannons, better planks etc. its not unbalanced, everyone can do that. Everyone can farm BPs, everyone can go for rare materials and craft better parts of ship. Just like armor, just like weapons. It's the very core mechanic of this game. If people invest time in this it's completely fine they have an advantage over those who don't. 

I'm not trying to convince you to be honest, i'm just trying to add a diferent perspective. There's a huge difference between better and op, and in this moment,  better is so much better that you can't win even if at one side there's a monkey on the wheel and on the other side the best pilot in the game. That's true even for 'rarer' stuff like jm and average rolls of mw crap . If skill only matter in the cases where there's equally good gear, something is wrong with game balance, and it's bad for the game. Fixing the speed bonus would just make things even worse.

I haven't played any game that had such an autowin as this game high end ship gear is, maybe that's why i see things differently.