Sign in to follow this  
Ultimate Powa

Community Management Failure

This post will likely get removed, they all seem to.

I'd like to discuss why this game is hemorrhaging players.

Had the luxury of helping shape World of Warcraft, being granted Alpha access to many of their games in exchange for detailed feedback, as extensive bug reports, and essay suggestions.
In return I was given Battle.net balance as well as free games.

Someone on the steam page posted this review and I thought it was mostly valid.
"I love this game but cannot recommend it. the Dev team wanders aimlessly around stepping on their own toes and insulting its gaming community with the ridiculous decisions they make. the game has great potential but it falling far short of the mark due to the mental instability and lack of business sense in the company."

I'd like to wager that it's not the Dev Team wandering around aimlessly, it's pretty apparent the work they've done.
Its the reason we bought the game.

What's the cause?
The community management of course.
The people checking this very post, helping with support tickets, etc.

Why would anyone stick around for a game who's staff just like to rub salt in the wound.
Why would anyone stick around if their dissenting comments will get deleted or if support tickets are just thrown away, even when they have a valid issue that justifies getting support.
Why would anyone play if they knew their entire ship could sink at any moment due to a random bug, only to be meant with the "We're so sorry, it's alpha broooooooooo" response. 
Why would anyone play if they everything they've built could be taken from them from a stupid glitch yet no response is met from the support team?

Once my whole tribe lost ownership so we couldn't delete buildings or access certain rooms, which ended costing us our base because we were being raided at that moment.
I received no help from Grapeshot then, yet they claim that's what they reserve help for.

This message is to the Dev team although I doubt they will ever see it; Restructure your community management.
Its some of the worst I've ever seen in all my years of playing MMOs.
Now go ahead delete this, because I know you will.

Edited by Ultimate Powa
  • Like 1