Sign in to follow this  
JadedGamer

Giant Crab

This is not a salty post. We would like to learn from this attack so in the future we may be able to prevent it. 

Our base just got hit today with 4 crabs. Ballista work but We kept getting picked up off it. And when ever the crab took any damage they jumped over some thing and healed up.  We’re open to suggestions for the next time. 

Crabs are OP in pvp right now. Able to pick riders, jump away to heal, pick balista npcs. Not much you can do but try to suicide barrel bomb or crab vs crab.

This crab is ridiculous the way it just jumps out of danger 10,000 feet + 1000s of hp, they are really too much for this game considering there is no counter.

This is a copy paste from ark and out of balance with atlas mechanics.

• Like 3

Incredibly stupid. Wtf are the devs even thinking.

Retarded fuking mechanics. Such skilled gameplay.

This is why players who enjoy pvp dont play this game.as soon as they see a vid of this kind of garbage it's a hard pass.

Ark style garbage.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 1

tigers get a lot of low level tiger and use the bleed tic there a health percent tick so the more hp they have the harder the tic and if you get a ton of low levels if they die its not to great a investment. but yes there should be a hard counter the them.

Crabs are OP, they should nerf them. Doing 6 damage with a carbine is not fun. Small tribes can't afford to stop that overpower tame. An average Joe should have tools to defend against that.

Edited by Emanuel a
  • Like 1

Since the last patch the crabs can't pick up NPCs through walls anymore - which is a good step in the right direction. BTW they burn very very good. And Tigers are great agains get caus of %hp tick.

2 hours ago, Sinappia said:

Since the last patch the crabs can't pick up NPCs through walls anymore - which is a good step in the right direction. BTW they burn very very good. And Tigers are great agains get caus of %hp tick.

Ye flame and tigers with a dot work really well.

it might have been fixed with latest patch but havent been out raiding last couple of days so dunno…. but try hitting the crabs with blackjacks... it dismount the riders and if u keep hitting the crab they cant get back on.. so group of ppl hit it with blackjacks other group kill rider then crab…  but yeah this games should be renamed to " Three Ships & Tames" cus thats what its it atm and nothing more

• Like 1

Yup, pretty much what @ducimus said. Or a bunch of NPCs on Passive combined with others with flame throwers to help. Start mixing the groups of Npcs with other weapon types, it might help.

Here is a video you guys can start working on your base defenses better.

Just 1 of many different ideas.

Edited by Sneakydude

2 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Yup, pretty much what @ducimus said. Or a bunch of NPCs on Passive combined with others with flame throwers to help. Start mixing the groups of Npcs with other weapon types, it might help.

Here is a video you guys can start working on your base defenses better.

Just 1 of many different ideas.

Sad to see so many bases are little to no passively defended, without consideration for many different attack and tame types. Yet they whine about being raided.

• Like 1

I didn't really see OP whining about being raided, he was asking for help. Also not sure what the point of that video is in a post about crabs. To start, the thumbnail says official pvp but it's obviously a private server, which is the only place you would possibly fly around wasting that many stone pieces on meaningless armor. One cannon bear shooting the bottom of those towers for 2 minutes at the right angle would take them out and not take any damage from them. It's a very nice, symmetrical, aesthetically pleasing design that in actual pvp would be almost useless.

Back to the crab topic, they are stupid. Nobody asked for them, there were already enough issues with tames and just about everything else in this game without introducing something that was obviously broken on arrival. The fact that the 'counter' discussions in this thread include stacking multiple tiger bleeds while flaming them should be proof enough. It should not take a coordinated effort of multiple people to counter one person on a ridiculous tame.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chillmatic Airwaves said:

Back to the crab topic, they are stupid. Nobody asked for them, there were already enough issues with tames and just about everything else in this game without introducing something that was obviously broken on arrival. The fact that the 'counter' discussions in this thread include stacking multiple tiger bleeds while flaming them should be proof enough. It should not take a coordinated effort of multiple people to counter one person on a ridiculous tame.

this right here…. couldnt agree more.... this isnt a pirate game and instead of making it the pirate game they promised they just keep on introducing more braindead stuff and stupid tames… torpedos??? a fucking submarine turtle?? they have the ground foundations to make the most epic pirate game but they are just digging their own hole at this point

When it comes to the new tames I am at the point now where I do prefer they are not in the game, but if they are just get it right.  I could easily do without all the new crap.  The basic tames were plenty in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Ducimus said:

this right here…. couldnt agree more.... this isnt a pirate game and instead of making it the pirate game they promised they just keep on introducing more braindead stuff and stupid tames… torpedos??? a fucking submarine turtle?? they have the ground foundations to make the most epic pirate game but they are just digging their own hole at this point

this is not a pirate game, its multiplayer sandbox survival game, steam punkish mostly. only thing "pirate" is some of those retarded skins.

id like to see more tech and tames.

27 minutes ago, gnihar said:

this is not a pirate game, its multiplayer sandbox survival game, steam punkish mostly. only thing "pirate" is some of those retarded skins.

id like to see more tech and tames.

no its deffo not... but it was meant to be…..

yeah and ur proably the only one who wants more tames all who is pvping regulary says tames are stupid it was even said before the crab was introduced…. ppl like you should just have stayed in ark so u could have ur pet zoos there 

That is correct. I want ark 2.0 and not a "pirate" game. I also want the pvp to be more fluid and to have more tames for it, and faster firing hitscan weapons.

20 hours ago, gnihar said:

Sad to see so many bases are little to no passively defended, without consideration for many different attack and tame types. Yet they whine about being raided.

Most bases i have seen so far are weak as hell, they have a feel of cosmetic kaos to it. No defensive point advantages, Its an attempt at it.

But i dont blame them for building shitty bases, i blame the time sync it takes to get there.

On 5/15/2019 at 6:05 PM, gnihar said:

That is correct. I want ark 2.0 and not a "pirate" game. I also want the pvp to be more fluid and to have more tames for it, and faster firing hitscan weapons.

So you want aimbotters to be more deadly?  Are you an aimbotter?  🙂 

Hitscan weapons should never exist in a game engine thats easily exploitable. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

So you want aimbotters to be more deadly?  Are you an aimbotter?  🙂 

Hitscan weapons should never exist in a game engine thats easily exploitable. 

No, but my aim is solid. Would love to be able to pick off the zergers faster than now. As it is now, zerg has all the advantage with 0 pvp skill. Are you a zerg?

On 5/15/2019 at 12:11 PM, Chillmatic Airwaves said:

I didn't really see OP whining about being raided, he was asking for help. Also not sure what the point of that video is in a post about crabs. To start, the thumbnail says official pvp but it's obviously a private server, which is the only place you would possibly fly around wasting that many stone pieces on meaningless armor. One cannon bear shooting the bottom of those towers for 2 minutes at the right angle would take them out and not take any damage from them. It's a very nice, symmetrical, aesthetically pleasing design that in actual pvp would be almost useless.

The point I made and another person made is the bases suck, think outside the box and start using better defenses. So many posts a few of us have returned to already and we see a 2x2 wall guarding a complete base.

Yes crabs need to be adjusted, but that will come in time with balancing.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 9:55 AM, Ducimus said:

As I have said before in other posts. The Dev's biggest issue is that they do not actually play this game, otherwise they'd know first-hand that they are utterly destroying the IP as they cram a bunch of non-requested and pointless half-brained ideas that only serve to further distance ATLAS from being a "Pirate" game, BEFORE actually addressing the existing and detrimental bugs, instead injecting yet, newer and innovated bugs/ways in which to ruin their game even further.

Their community manager is extremely terrible at his job as he is almost always silent or LATE to the party updating and reassuring the forum (their primary players/fans) as we run wild with panic! I have posted a lengthy list of bugs/exploits that are ruining this game on the "Bug forum" and to this day, I have yet to hear back from Grapeshot that they have recognized these concerns or will be addressing any of them soon.

I can assure you that I am NOT convinced that there is much passion from the Dev team on this IP. I get the feeling that their goals are to generate NEW interest by cramming in as much content and convoluting ATLAS as much as possible for the quick "cash-grab" but NO effort is spent, concerning the longevity and success for this game by FIRST addressing the current imbalances, bugs, and exploits that they have already introduced.

Edited by vaylain

I quite like the digression from “pirate” roleplay and lore. I much more prefer the “unlocking a secret tech” and become anadvanced enclave or empire. I hate stupid eyepatches and Yarrrrs, and would hate the piratey theme to further dissolve my immersion as steampunk-sci fi-ish fantasy in a maritime world that is not Earth at all. Of course, with flyers, torpedoes, and maybe in future, a fast firing hitscan firearm that doesn’yt require the luxury of lucky reloader only to be able to shoot fast.

Edited by gnihar