Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

Some polish needed on structure/item collision

When you have a ceiling hatch that is one wall high, it won't let you place it because it collides with the floor.  Needs fixed.

Book shelf requires you to place first, and then place the ceiling over it, if the room is one wall high, such as on a ship. 

I would like to see the basic building structures be put into a separate category in the code, to allow it to collide with the terrain.  Having played on both ARK and Atlas unofficial servers that allow this, I assure you that it makes building much more pleasant to do.  Also allows for less structures as you often have to use more structures to find work arounds to the collision issue when you run into those spots that just won't allow a structure to be placed, where you need them to be placed to complete the structure.  I totally understand that you don't want every structure to be able to collide, but those issues were largely solved in S+.  For instance, while you could mostly bury a vault into terrain, or other structures, when you did so, you could no longer access the inventory, negating the exploit.

• Like 2

I'm bumping this old thread back up.

Atlas is currently in a QOL stage... This needs to be sorted. Walls (including large), foundations, pillars, gates etc absolutely should be able to clip through terrain. I don't know how its been set up game side but I've noticed SOME structures can clip, so I am presuming each structure has a flag that can be enabled / disabled for terrain collision etc, surely some of these can be tweaked?