Sign in to follow this  
Sneakydude

This pretty much lost me

Uh can they not do stupid shit like this? Get rid of the submarine too it’s lame. How about get rid of the deep trench and fix the server lag.... 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sand man said:

Does this seem like a dumb thing to add in a PIRATE game or what.

The game is not set on Earth, so these are not conventional pirates.  What lore I have seen refers to an advanced civilization that lost a lot of technology, but which is slowly going to recover it.  From the Atlas Wiki:

"Long-ago, far above the watery world of ATLAS there once existed a magic-powered “Golden Age”-- where great Empires of the Sky lived at peace alongside magical creatures, flourishing upon floating continents above the clouds, all powered by a magical source of energy known as the Heart of the Goddess, granted by the powerful beings who dwell in the stars beyond...."

and the final bit...

"If the latest generation of Pathfinders can outwit and outgun Xevos and his legions, and recover the Heart pieces for themselves, they will be faced with the very same choice: whether to attempt to restore the old world, or build a new better one…"

So, you have two choices - learn to like it or change games, essentially.

Edited by Coggage
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Can we please keep the sail powered pirate game sticking to the 17th century or earlier.

Theres enough mythology and legends from back then and earlier to put in buttloads of content.

Aliens, time portals and modern or sci fi tech have absolutely no place in here.

We start getting nuclear and fusion powered sail boats with pew pew lasers, automated turrets and other such crap and i'm out for good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Caveman said:

Aliens, time portals and modern or sci fi tech have absolutely no place in here.

Er, yes they do. Check the Wiki, then maybe go away and find the historical pirate simulation you are looking for. This isn't it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coggage said:

Er, yes they do. Check the Wiki, then maybe go away and find the historical pirate simulation you are looking for. This isn't it.

was told the wiki wasn't ran by the dev team at all, because if it was? it was listed as a pirate game. We had this conversation before when i brought that out.

Its just a version of ARK, advanced ware fare items added to the game. I was hoping the crabs and more tames where not a thing, but seeing this just made me sick...

Id rather invest in someone elses game now to be honest, going to finish off with a friend the existing client then poof i am outta here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coggage said:

The game is not set on Earth, so these are not conventional pirates.  What lore I have seen refers to an advanced civilization that lost a lot of technology, but which is slowly going to recover it.  From the Atlas Wiki:

"Long-ago, far above the watery world of ATLAS there once existed a magic-powered “Golden Age”-- where great Empires of the Sky lived at peace alongside magical creatures, flourishing upon floating continents above the clouds, all powered by a magical source of energy known as the Heart of the Goddess, granted by the powerful beings who dwell in the stars beyond...."

and the final bit...

"If the latest generation of Pathfinders can outwit and outgun Xevos and his legions, and recover the Heart pieces for themselves, they will be faced with the very same choice: whether to attempt to restore the old world, or build a new better one…"

So, you have two choices - learn to like it or change games, essentially.

this is the worst excuse ever.

everything in this game is earth-like from the ape over rhino to buildings and ships and even wind and weather in general.

although i see where you're coming from i either have to admire your imagination that you can fathom this not being earth or i just think that you ain't got a mind of your own and just swallow what they (wiki and/or devs) shove down your throat.

Edited by Ucan_Kizmiaz

12 minutes ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

this is the worst excuse ever.

everything in this game is earth-like from the ape over rhino to buildings and ships and even wind and weather in general.

although i see where you're coming from i either have to admire your imagination that you can fathom this not being earth or i just think that you ain't got a mind of your own and just swallow what they (wiki and/or devs) shove down your throat.

You know what would be good? a completely ripped out version of atlas go back to the blood and guts of the original and remove some of the animals/tames, make more ships, different NORMAL things, and fix colonies some, and wham you got yourself one of the best seller games out there... However this time, i wouldn't release it until it could actually support 40k players and more then 150 per grid. First and foremost i would find backing funds to help develop the game and not go to the public and release a Pre alpha game that crashes.

That's where it really stands. Frigging nukes next? geezious

41 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

was told the wiki wasn't ran by the dev team at all, because if it was? it was listed as a pirate game. We had this conversation before when i brought that out.

Its just a version of ARK, advanced ware fare items added to the game. I was hoping the crabs and more tames where not a thing, but seeing this just made me sick...

Id rather invest in someone elses game now to be honest, going to finish off with a friend the existing client then poof i am outta here.

The lore that is listed in the wiki is just copy paste of the lore that has been on the steam store page before you could even purchase Atlas. 

Just now, DilBert said:

The lore that is listed in the wiki is just copy paste of the lore that has been on the steam store page before you could even purchase Atlas. 

That is funny isnt it? but the wiki isnt suppose to be correct, i was told in another thread...

Its a pirate game, it is not a pirate game.. Well to be honest its whatever is thrown at us game. That's the way i take it now.

ARK tree was like that too, i for sure swore this wasn't ARK... damn was i fooled. Same concept, same team, same thinking. I wonder what the wild west holds? robots?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sand man said:

Does this seem like a dumb thing to add in a PIRATE game or what.

It is not a “pirate” game. It is a snadbox survival steampunkish game in a marine world resembling renaiscance europe. Featuring some pirate costumes, so what.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Its a pirate game, it is not a pirate game.. Well to be honest its whatever is thrown at us game. That's the way i take it now.

It is a fantasy pirate game. 

3 minutes ago, DilBert said:

It is a fantasy pirate game. 

It is not a pirate game at all. Idk why people are quoting it, when it is obvious that tech will evolve.

fought Kraken? Seen how techy it was? Seen the drone above healing it?

Edited by gnihar

1 minute ago, gnihar said:

It is not a pirate game at all. Idk why people are quoting it, when it is obvious that thech will evolve.

fought Kraken? Seen how techy it was? Seen the drone above healing it?

Its a dev game because they will be the last ones playing it.. Maybe console will save it.

Lasers, yey! “Will you restore old tech and evolve?” Guess we shall.

Pirate game? Guess you can roleplay a space pirate soon.

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 1

I can't believe this is still an issue. I'm not one to defend the devs but its been clear from day one that Atlas is NOT a 17th century pirate game. Simply reading the entire Steam page would have revealed that its a sci-fi fantasy game... and that more advanced technology was going to be part of the game eventually.

Now, you may not like that but that's what Atlas is and has always been. Perhaps you should have done the responsible thing and read the entire store page before you bought the game... because if all you wanted was a realistic pirate sim, you bought the wrong game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MaxPower said:

I can't believe this is still an issue. I'm not one to defend the devs but its been clear from day one that Atlas is NOT a 17th century pirate game. Simply reading the entire Steam page would have revealed that its a sci-fi fantasy game... and that more advanced technology was going to be part of the game eventually.

Now, you may not like that but that's what Atlas is and has always been. Perhaps you should have done the responsible thing and read the entire store page before you bought the game... because if all you wanted was a realistic pirate sim, you bought the wrong game. 

where does it read sci-fi fantasy game on the steam page  ?

1 hour ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

where does it read sci-fi fantasy game on the steam page  ?

It says 'fantasy pirate adventure', it doesn't directly state sci-fi, but sci-fi elements can still fall under fantasy.

2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It says 'fantasy pirate adventure', it doesn't directly state sci-fi, but sci-fi elements can still fall under fantasy.

guess i'm too old for that crap.

time to dig out the atari and play Dungeon Master or Sundog