INVALID

Developer Live Stream Q&A - Deadline: 1st of May

would it be possible to add naval mines, and bring back spike walls (hopefully with simplistic models to help with performance), also the melee combat at the moment is a bit clunky and your character telegraphs the hits for a solid two seconds, any way to rework it in the future or just at least increase the melee speed by double as a short term fix,could double stamina costs for stun attack to prevent stunlock spam (as in the case of shield bashing), also double ship carry weight? please rework the piercing shot skill in the archery tree its too broken to be worth the skillpoints.

lol more content getting rammed but basics buggies mostly ignore..Blackwood, created by Iso, the level designer behind ARK’s popular mod-map Crystal Isles ah thats the map that still dont work right till this day

Will we be seeing any new ship parts and hulls soon? The current four are cool and all but I'd really like to see >lots< more variety it the kind of vessel that exist in the game.

This game needs a thriving and active community to survive, as it seems that the community IS the content, currently we're seeing more and more player dropoff after wipe and it's disheartening because this game is enjoyable.

What are the devs plans to increase the population of the game?

Will penguins be useful for breeding ?ie as for characters, it has an aoe of effective range and unstackable, i believe it was like this at the beginning ?

Also pls make fishing useful, it's nice to have a change of scenery with a chance of something good, I have only gotten fish meat so far 😕

Do you plan to revamp the current ship building system as it it inadequate in terms of damage output vs. structure health thus making the original ship designs useless?

- Players are forced to use turtle style designs in order to have a survival chance against SotDs and other players since planks health is quite low even for high end BPs. Increment in mats price should be fine as you can farm and build a ship in a matter of 1-2 hours especially with rates on. Alternatively, this can be achieved via BPs reworking - each color adds 50% HP and requires +100% cost in other types of resources. E.g. Generic medium plank is 5 000 HP, costs 2000 wood, 1800 Thatch, 3000 fiber, 100 metal. Green BP - 7500 HP and costs 2 x 2000 wood,2 x 1800 Thatch, 2 x 3000 fiber, 2 x 100 metal and so on. BP variances should be up to the base stats of the next tier.

Do you plan to make the evolve the Player Shops into a world wide working trade system ?

- Goods traded could be picked at Freeport trade spot or transported by virtual NPC cargo ship to your base. To avoid abuse with instant transport of goods, travel time should be determined by distance. The caravan should have a 10-15% chance being raided or sunk by storm and you lose the goods purchased. The caravan use have additional price in gold, determined by amount, distance and type of goods transported.

And some QoL suggestions:

- Add a structure snap points to the back of a shipyard.

- Add a 2x2 and 4x4 floor, ceiling and wall pieces with gates snap points on them (wood and stone only). This can help with server load as will decrease the amount of structure pieces. Wooden ones should be allowed on ships.

- Rework the ship decks into frames like the top one on Schooner. This will be a easy way to give players more freedom into ship building.

- Add small and large dry dock structure for ship maintenance. 

- Add pier construction structures, adequate to current ship sizes. Pieces of W3 x L3 x H6 with water level and water depth snap point like shipyard plus small structures snap point on top to have them connected with other structures.

- Add a arrangement by Resource type in inventories.

- Add Keratin as exchangeable item in Freeport trader NPC.

• Like 1

thanks you for making an awesome game, a few bugs id like to mention,  and a few additions to the game would be awesome

1, tames when bola's spin randomly making it very hard to feed them

2, elephants and rhino's sometimes when stood in the same spot as feeding for the first 50% all of a sudden cant be fed even though the text is there,

3, i literally just used beds to port to each of our lawless outposts and the land would not render at all after 10 minutes of being on each island 

additions id like to see ;

1, crews being able to repair everything that is on a ship not just the planks and decks

2, being able to move all resources with 1 click from tax bank to the nearest resource chest 

3, a short cut key added to ship commands that lets you unseat all crew on your ship only and not a whistle that can affect all ships near by, and by pressing said key a 2nd time puts the crew back onto their posts 

4, customised sizes of gates so we are not forced to place the behemoth gate for elephants rhinos and giraffes which is ugly as hell 

5, the ability to move a set amount of resources out of the resource chest instead of drag and drop massive amounts 

6, the ability to move through other players so they can not block the caves for fountain of youths and power stones, also make the power stone as a none drop item on death but keep the decay on it, an example of why not being able to move through players is very bad, on age of conan my guild blocked the stairs up to the teir 2 raid for 2 weeks until the devs made it so people could walk through each other, meaning no other guild was able to do the raid at all other than us, unless they paid us so the devs fixed this issue by adopting the same system as WOW where a players body was transparent of sorts and you were able to move through it 

6, increase the exp a little on ships for killing sotd, and increase the exp from maps, pre wipe it was way to high i agree 7 lvls from a masterwork map was mental and max lvling a ship in a few hours was nuts, but now you get next to no exp from killing sotd's and 1 lvl for a master work map is a joke

7 an increase in time before the flotsam from a shim of the damned disapears and make the suitcase able to be picked up with a graple hook as currently it isnt 

thanks again for such an awesome game cant wait to see the finished product,

Edited by Galadorfh
  • Like 1

Most of my questions are data related as the bug / content topics seem to be mostly covered.

1. The calculations for discovery points seem to be dynamic especially for unofficials, is there a formula for this that can be released so that more accurate charts for levels can be developed?

2. Does the game ever intend on having creatures at levels like Ark has seen in the past exist?(Right now the base game has them capped at a certain level so without a custom level table unofficial levels tend to break)

3. The discord webhooks does not seem to work 100% for unofficials,  is there additional configuration that needs to be done that hasn't been released yet or is the plan to only have webhooks available for officials?

4. With the discord webhook being available for tribe logs, is there any intention to allow this functionality to be expanded to admin commands or other game logs that might help server owners? 

Any chance of different shoulder tames? Peacock or maybe a fox that sits around our shoulders, (a little like the otter)? Plus are there any plans for more female friendly skins/hairstyles? Everything thus far has been male targeted.

Edited by CypressFrost

Can we get new ship types. Make it so the only way to get them is by finding a blueprint on ship wrecks.

Do you plan to make farming more useful with more seeds?

the farming ist really a nice thing to get ressources which are not growing on the own Island. 

I cannot plant even one of the medicine plants because they seem not to have any seeds

I cannot plant any of the cooking herbs because they seem not to have any seeds.

The soil restrictions on Top are preventing the grow in some Bioms/Regions.

Is planned to change the soil restirictions? One could change the crafting, so that for example if you craft an crop plot with a special wood, fiber, stone etc. it fullfills the needs of a specific plant and can be placed in another biome?

Is planned to introduce seeds for all plants?

Is planned to introduce Glasshouses like in ARK? So we have Submarines, "electric" Lever and so on. The Glasshouse was mentioned about 100 a.d. if would not brake the lore if Atlas would implement them. Mayba combined with a heating/cooling source, like fires or Ice-Boxes?

The way it is now, I have the feeling, that I can just plant plants on the Islands, where they already grow. AND, I can just plant plants, which are close to useless. Every plant I need, I have to import from other Islands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Galadorfh said:

3, a short cut key added to ship commands that lets you unseat all crew on your ship only and not a whistle that can affect all ships near by, and by pressing said key a 2nd time puts the crew back onto their posts 

I really like this.  This would be a super helpful QOL improvement.  (hopefully simple to implement to).

Effectively a crew assignment toggle, idle > station > idle >

Edited by Vorxius
  • Like 2

Get rid of the whole concept of human breeding and slow down aging its way to fast 1 year is to fast 

Can we expect to see more types of building cosmetics in the future, such wall/roof skins, or new building sets? I think this would make PvE a lot more interesting.

Is it possible to get walls that can clip into the ground and mountain walls? I've found the strict rules for construction quite limiting. 

• Like 2

Please address the claim system on PvE Officials as so much is left unclaimed yet many companies are 'homeless' squatting on Lawless all crammed in on top of one another.

Please allow company merging, if we need so many people to claim the island, at least let us be able to join forces to do so.

Where is my prewipe skin?

There was another thing but I've forgotten it for the moment...

Thanks

Im wondering if you guys plan to add more player vs environment aspects to the game. There is nothing really to do besides fighting Skelton’s(sea or land) or other players. The power stones are an alright quest but there needs to be more “pirate” things to do on the open water. 

Island Alliances if you have a 57 point island and want to build a nice community for other players it makes it a bit hard to do with the present alliance amounts as their is no mode to to talk with your community. can their possibly be a community or island chat for people that settle.This might also make it easier when creating market towns also on the island.

My Other thing is for the love of God can we get some women type clothing. we did exist in those days and we was not all wearing just trousers.A lot of games do this and forget that a large part of the populations are also women so it is rather frustrating that you still in your games do not give that choice with Armour skins

thanks you for making an awesome game, a few bugs id like to mention,  and a few additions to the game would be awesome

1, tames when bola's spin randomly making it very hard to feed them

2, elephants and rhino's sometimes when stood in the same spot as feeding for the first 50% all of a sudden cant be fed even though the text is there,

3, i literally just used beds to port to each of our lawless outposts and the land would not render at all after 10 minutes of being on each island 

additions id like to see ;

1, crews being able to repair everything that is on a ship not just the planks and decks

2, being able to move all resources with 1 click from tax bank to the nearest resource chest 

4, customised sizes of gates so we are not forced to place the behemoth gate for elephants rhinos and giraffes which is ugly as hell 

5, the ability to move a set amount of resources out of the resource chest instead of drag and drop massive amounts 

6, the ability to move through other players so they can not block the caves for fountain of youths and power stones, also make the power stone as a none drop item on death but keep the decay on it, an example of why not being able to move through players is very bad, on age of conan my guild blocked the stairs up to the teir 2 raid for 2 weeks until the devs made it so people could walk through each other, meaning no other guild was able to do the raid at all other than us, unless they paid us so the devs fixed this issue by adopting the same system as WOW where a players body was transparent of sorts and you were able to move through it 

6, increase the exp a little on ships for killing sotd, and increase the exp from maps, pre wipe it was way to high i agree 7 lvls from a masterwork map was mental and max lvling a ship in a few hours was nuts, but now you get next to no exp from killing sotd's and 1 lvl for a master work map is a joke

7, can we get a new sea based boss fight that involves actualy fighting a ship getting it critically damaged we board the ship then fight skellies of the damned once they are dead we then have to fight the captain of the damned 

8, please can you fix the way building materials clip to the ships having that gap at the back is annoying and kinda makes the emergency lander unusable on some builds

9, now that whales have had their gold nerfed their damage buffed and their health buffed could you please UNNERF the ballista's 

10 loot from ship of the damned despawns way to fast and the suitcase is damn near unlootable if its above the water and graple hook does not pull the suitcase in you just spin endlessly below it please fix both despawn timer and teh ability to pull in the suitcase 

thanks again for such an awesome game cant wait to see the finished product,

Edited by Galadorfh

Please add in a way to change our characters appearance. Like an item you can buy from the cosmetics merchant that lets you re-customize your character. I'm sure lots of people like myself who noticed little flaws or simply got sick of the way their character looks would appreciate an option to alter their appearance.

1 hour ago, Poharan said:

Please add in a way to change our characters appearance. Like an item you can buy from the cosmetics merchant that lets you re-customize your character. I'm sure lots of people like myself who noticed little flaws or simply got sick of the way their character looks would appreciate an option to alter their appearance.

2nd this especially since they made all unofficial characters that did not wipe into hobbits, as well as the character preview not really being useable nor game lighting realistic.