INVALID

Developer Live Stream Q&A - Deadline: 1st of May

Can you spend more time supporting and engaging unofficials in your quality process?Ā  Ā This is where the majority of your population went during the megapatch process and we deserve better support!

- The change to remove discovery zones in freeports removes an exploration game mechanic,Ā unofficial that cannot afford to use freeports without other islands due to being small servers those other isles no longer can be discovered.Ā  Ā  Not everyone abuses fast travel, those that do only cheat themselves, no need to punish those who do not.

- AutoGenerateIslandSpawnRegions=false is not working, it resets to true soĀ Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  "spawnPointRegionOverride": 0 to 3 is not controlling spawning in freeports when you have mixed in other islands on that grid.

- The unnecessary change to strip bare the WU powerstone island in favor of the EU powerstone island, caused it toĀ wipe.

- The unnecessary change to an islands origin (Cay_C_EE_PVE and Mnt_C_EE) caused them to wipe.

- The editor is creating duplicated ids when updating maps, this needs manual editing to workaround.

I suggest hanging out in Atlas Server Owners Support discord to get a greater consensus of the map making and content issues people are having with the megaupdates.Ā  Ā 

Edited by krazmuze

Will we ever get a server that combines PVP and PVE? For example, most zones will be PVE but there will be PVP zones where you can fight others. You could have a timer of 5 minutes on your ship after entering a PVP zone so people could not dip in and out to escape.

• Like 1

Will the melee combat System optimized? Melee combat make no sense in the actual state, its to slow hitting somethink and tames or carabines are the best chose, they outplay every melee playerĀ 

Could we address the state of piracy as an action at the moment?Ā 

Currently, the ship captain and those on the sails are considered immune to most damage. In addition, the autolocked doors and low damage they take from conventional weapons, and the prevalence of a swivel gun npc means that 'boarding a ship' is no longer something people do at present.Ā 

If I were to successfully grapple onto an enemy ship, with a few firearms and weapons, tools, there is currently no action I can take to successfully capture the ship.Ā 

The captain can continue sailing without interference, the sailcrew will continue to sail, the doors leading to beds take such minute damage it isn't feasible to break into them, and the capture times even with the piracy skill make capture prohibitively long.Ā 

Even if I were to successfully board a schooner on open water, somehow kill the captain, manage to break down the doors and wreck the beds, I would need to wait the better half of a day to capture the ship. I would also need to keep my ship there to respawn, as I have no other spawn point, and if someone were to kill me, they could interrupt and reverse my claim entirely by killing me once while I wait to respawn on my ship.Ā 

What can we do to put the piracy back into being a pirate?

Ā 

Hey I have some suggestions to do however in the moment just remember this,Ā  when remember I update here: šŸ˜…

Ā 

Claim Flag System -Ā 

+ Decrease the Island Points value of some islands to allow solo players or small groups to own an island,Ā some grids have only large islands and no one can place claim flag ?

Ā 

Freeport NPC Store -Ā 

+ Allow the player to create their own customizable NPC Crew as well as creating their character with an additional gold cost ?

Ā 

Structures -

+ Allow to place the bookshelf on the ship in places with only one height wooden wall (this was possible before) ?

Ā 

Quality Of Life -Ā 

+ Disable the new structures check system on the official network, this actually limits the creativity of players when creating their castles.

+ Allow again on the official network NPC Crew to be placed in a cannon or just transport NPC Crew and Animals on Cargo Cart at least in PVE mode, currently this skill is useless if you are a solo player

+ Allow to repair the cloth of the sails again using the wooden hammer at least in the PVE since I understand that this must have been removed perhaps for being part of the strategy of combat of ships in the PVP mode.

+ Make the NPC crew a little more useful by letting them fix anything on the ship using the items in the resource box while docked. This could be defined by a player Skill or depending of NPC level. eg:

• Ā  Ā  NPC Crew level 1~30 only ship planks (as it already occurs).
  • Ā Ā  Ā NPC Level 31~50 fix planks and celings
  • Ā Ā  Ā NPC Level 51~70 fix planks, celings, walls, roofs, steering wheel
  • Ā Ā  Ā NPC Level +70 fix planks, celings, walls, roofs, sails and ship deck
Edited by Rising
  • Like 1

Will there be Airships eventually in the game?

Also will you fix the map in hand zoom when sailing and possibly a better compass design to see it more clearly?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ari12609 said:

Can we get an ship speed indicator for Feedback how fast or Slow a ship is?

You already have it, you just need to play the sextant mini game and youĀ  get a speed indicator.
Ā 

On 4/27/2019 at 9:56 AM, Jatheish said:

We'll be conducting a livestream next week and it'll include a segment where weĀ answer questions from this thread. So AUAA!Ā 

Ā 

1. When can we expect the feature to Rename ships get fixed? Its a minor bug but its there since day one.

2.Ā And more ships would be great, especially a one for carrying cargo.

Ship sails need a rework:

Biggest problem I see is you named them for what they do, not what they are. I would suggest

Square rig sails: Fastest but has a large drop off if not sailing downwind. Not fast at turning.

Bermudan Rig: Can change direction fast. Not fast but drop off is minimal, will be faster than square rig sailing upwind.

You already have: Velocity, Acceleration, Angular Acceleration, and variable effects due to wind angle in the game.

You can then add any number and type of sail by using a name not a descriptor.

Is this something you would consider?

• Like 1

Ahoi there,Ā 

I love the potential of this game, but cant help but feel a little let down at the moment, when it first came out the trailer made it look as if there were proper npc run free ports with actual quests basically combing the survival that ark had with proper seas and proper quests turning it into a mmorpg as the game is it is its just another pirate survival game. With this in mind,

Will you be adding actual in game lore, with proper npc quest givers and rewards other wise its just random tasks you can do for a slight gain not actual quests this would also be a bit of a first for a game like this to actually properly combine survival with actual lore and quests?

I would also suggest the buildings be useable in free ports either byĀ  ncp's for taverns, shopĀ  ect or just take of the doors and make them clipable so players can use them.

Not as import as the gameplay aspects but will you be adding decorations for ships and homes ect, it would be nice to really make the ships and homes feel really lived in rather than empty apart from the crafting stations? this can be done with mods but the more mods the longer the load time ect so it would be really nice if it was part of the core game

Will you sort out the paint? Currently if I make a full paintjob on a char as soon as I use over a certain amount of paint the game will crash every time I try to load the paint job after saving it, making full body paintjobs impossible.

Will you unlock tarot in the skill tree PLLLLLEEEAASSSEEE lol?

The final thing I would ask is can you sort out light houses? They are the bane of my sailing, I have a good pc yet where ever they have been placed they cause lag, frame drops and have sunk quite a few ships due to not loading in till to late.

maybe you let us know what is your plan with this game and why you do things you did.

Id just like to see common bugs fixed

Tames falling through ceilings,

Building pieces snapping correctly, get a blue i on where you want it. So place and bam its behind you or above you or beside.. annoying as hell..

So many game issues have not been addressed that need fixed before new content is added

• Like 1

I am kind of new to this game, only have been playing for about 1 month, maybe not even that..

I must say, despite a few bugs i have encountered, some lack of content and some abusive pvp players, im enjoying the game, so keep up the good work..

As for suggestions or questions about the future of the game, i have a few which i get mostly from other games i have played and some from common sense..

Regarding the flying ship, although i do like the idea, i think it will ruin the game for most players since it will provide a diferent Ā approach to raiding and "piratering"... And it will make the strong companies stronger, which in turn will crush most of the smaller companies (mostly just for fun, since a lot of the pvp players are d****)...

If it had the possibility to buy a flying ship, similar to what you did with the dragon and put a decay timer on it, it would prevent hundreds of flying ships just ruining the game..

Regarding the pvp aspect of the game, i think the planks are too weak or the weight of the cannons is too low.. Because from my short experience, i got hit a few times by players with 10 cannons stacked up on each side of a schooner, which instantly destroyed my planks and caused my ships just to sink...

Not saying they did anything wrong, but the game shouldnt allow that many cannons to stack up so close.. It honestly gives no chance in a pvp fight, or any chance of a transporter to just flee from battle even if its getting shot at..

Also read the idea of the other user (sorry, using my cellphone so its hard to quote), in regards to the piracy, which consists on swivel guns using grapple hooks to board a ship instead of just sinking the ships and trying to salvage the remains... Honestly, that is one of the best ideas i have heard for this game since its consists around piracy... Its not the boardgame of battleship which your goal is to sink the other ships... If you want to be a pirate, you steal, loot, board and murder... You only sink ships if you cant board them or in extreme fights..

I was considering using my galleon for piracy... I would approach a ship, talk to them, threaten to sink them unless the would hand me over their resources that i wanted and let them go on with their life and ship... But with the grapple hooks it would make piracy amazing.. You could actually fight back if you had the weapons, or even use the sabber to cut the grapples..

In my opinion, sinking other players ships just for fun is kind of a douche move...

For example, the other day i approched a ship bigger than my sloop, just with the intention of talking or trading, and they shot at me and rammed my ship until it sunk... My friend went down with the ship, but i jumped overboard and used my grapple hook on their ship..

Once i was aboard their ship, we exchanged a few shots, until i used once more my grapple and climbed their main mast.. After that i couldĀ shootĀ down towards them, but i gave them a chance to surrender...

They offered to build me a new ship, because they didnt want me to sink theirs.. ( i threw a few grenades which intimidated them)...

So i ended up giving them a break, told them one of their crew member would have to report to justice for what they did to my ship and we would let them go free.. They agreed.. They set course to our base, where my friend waited for their crewmember and then chopped off his head in the guillotine... So now we have on the wall of our base, this mans head hanging on a wall hook..Ā 

They even thanked us for letting them go..

Piracy doesnt have to be 100% evil...

Ā 

Continuing with the suggestions, i would like to see something other than a club to knock out players... Like poison darts or something similar..

How can we take prisoners when they have guns and swords and we are using a wooden club??

I also agree with the userĀ who talked about the size of the gates... We could use something between the medium and the large because of the elephant..

And if possible, do a bug fix on the rope ladders.. Currently they are bugging the hell out of me and my friends when we try to climb aboard our ship from the water... Have to use the grapple hook most of the time..

I might write again when i think of something else... For those who read my post, keep in mind these are just opinions.. Each person has a right to have diferent opinions... There is no right or wrong way in a mmorpg, there is just the way each player enjoys to play...

• Like 1

What's the plan for pillar spam on PvE servers?

I went to an unclaimed, yet claimable, island last night and tried to do a couple of maps with my bear. When trying to load her back onto my ship, I usually build a quick ramp back up to the stern and then destroy it when she's loaded. I don't usually use the radial wheel to load her because she still glitches into the structures on the ship. Long story short, I couldn't build the ramp because Division FR had pillar spammed the entire western portion of the island and into the shallows. I had more than enough gold to claim the island, and I have no other claims, so I figured I'd claim it, destroy the pillars and revoke my claim afterwards to lose ~350 gold. I couldn't claim it because as a single player company I can only have have up to 30 points and it is 57.

So the devs can see what I'm referring to, the location of it is Rossraine Island, western small section, in G12 on EU PvE. The spammer is Division FR.

600px-Region_G12.jpg

Edited by Raven Knight
Added map location

Hello All Dev,Ā 

- a possible Revamp of Taming are comming ? Less Brutal, more realist ? the Ark Taming with Sleep Arrow are better for me, Why cannot use this systeme, we gain less ugly trap structure around our world.Ā 

- more options for Decoration and Furniture for our house/Ship and possibility to change intensity of Light for oil lamp ?Ā 

Thank for all and Take care !Ā 

Ā 

hey devs,

right now the thing that is way worse than before 1.5 is the alliance system, speaking from the point of a small companyĀ šŸ™‚

-do you see the problems the current alliance system leads too? like it basically it doesn't change that players that want to work together will work together but just makes it a pain, even more so for small companies which you stated the new colony system should help - the settlers if you want.

just to point a few out:

-right now due to the limits on how many companies can join an alliance i think small companies have never been "forced" to merge with big ones more than now. before 1.5 the limit of 12 per alliance was very limiting too but at least there was a chance that also small companies had a spot in grid alliances and such without the need to merge. now with 5 max this is just no longer possible...understandable from the point of bigger companies that want an alliance that can field enough players too.

-the settlement system should promote companies to work together and well form an alliance which even should spread over more islands if the landowner is big enough.

-why shouldn't a lot of small 3-10 man companies be able to form an alliance and work together that in total can match the numbers of an alliance with 5 75 ppl companies?Ā 

Ā 

->what are your plans to make this work?

maybe you want to...

-> do away with limit of companies but make alliances limit on total players in it?

-> add a functional standing system (look at EvE pls) that also can be set on cannons and such?

Ā 

my final thought: even if you want to limit alliances players will field big numbers if they like. all you do is make it a pain that is unnecessary because it will not change a lot...at least for the big companies. it will however hurt the small ones that don't want to be part of the big wars, but find a grid to live, defend and be part of in their own way. love the game but the alliance system is a real mess right now.

Ā 

cheers

Edited by Xenom
  • Like 1

there's a ton of great suggestions in here.

really like the grapple cannon idea but i'd suggest that it be the bellista that fires a barbed spear like grappling hook as an additional ammo type with a feature that when two or more barbed spearsĀ are successfully deployed on a ship, both the ships are disabled from firing cannons at the attached ships.. or maybe even make it just need one grapple spear andĀ if one ship sinks, it takes the other one with it, speed of sinking depending on size.Ā make the grapple stickĀ a good amount of time with the ability to chopĀ the lines like the grapple is currently allowed but after a time window, elaborate mini game or both. give the barb spear lines the ability to reel in other ships and even the ability to drag/get dragged by other ships, all based on ship size.. give the shot great speed and distance and maybe cant be fired with an npc when that ammo is selected.

would love to see ships being able to be stolen within 30 min or less... not the absurd freaking 15 hours or more it takes currently.

would love to see npc's have real function... likeĀ npcs having special abilities/skill sets based on lvl like our own characters, but different.. like automatically maintaining/gathering/banking crop plots, mining ore and other materials..., carrying weapons, battle formations and combat roles even, like crowsnest snipers, guards, patrol, front line meat bag cannon fodder.

farming and gathering different resources are great... but the vendor's are almost useless and everyone gets what they want, themselves... i would really like to see a real economy that gives piracy and trade stalls meaning.

I read something in a previous captains log (golden age of piracy) y'allĀ wereĀ talking about automatic npc trade routes. god this game needs that. please.

Where's my fancy pre wipe fanboy pirate hat. i'm a collector you see.. iĀ need that too.

Please make a player equiptable bull horn,Ā mountable (with npc too) bomb siren for bases, fog horn for ships andĀ bell because i like bells. that'd be sick.

ring ring bitches

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

I would like to add my voice to the player shop concerns. A shop that could be built and operated for free would encourage dialogue and trade between players. Gold should not be even necessary when things can be traded for resources.Ā In a PVE lawless setting for example, someone could ā€˜sellā€™ constructedĀ gliders at the top of cliffs. You could provide treasure hunting supplies to explorers. Ship parts for those who have been damaged. If you want the game to act like your trailers, shops should be easy and fun. Then players will have more reasons to explore for bargains and items. AĀ market place setting would provide another level of competition without adding anything to the game except free shops.

• Like 4

Hello Devs,

I am wondering why as a PvE group I can't have as many people in a certain alliance as I would like. I have 4 different types of alliances. Friendly tribes to keep in contact with, Progression tribes for powerstones, kraken, etc, trade tribes for buying and selling, and tenant tribes so I can talk to people living on our land the limitations of these add a lot of headache when I can't put all the tribes that belong in that group into those alliances. Is there a plan to change this?

We have hit tribe limit twice which made it so some people's spouses that are casual were removed. I understand I could just keep adding people to stack points but the cap of 150 points means with our 2 islands I have 34 points I can spend which is only a smaller island which I believe should go to smaller tribes because they can't buy the bigger islands. We have some allies that would merge with us but they would lose their island and I can't bring all their people because of this limit is there a plan to change the limits on PvE?

Currently gold has little value because there's nothing to spend it on. Most people I know have enough gold to keep their islands for over a year. Will there be a change to make gold (to me the resource most deals should be in along with mythos) to make it harder to get enough of?

Are you going to remove freeport grids to make room for the new large land masses you are putting in? If so will the current lawless zones around them become claimable? Will the new large land masses be claimable?

Will there be changes to the substantial imbalance of resource farmability located in lawless vs claimable lands?

Is the feature for everybody or allies or company only for claimed lands going to be fixed or is it under company governance by mistake? I ask because having to knock down taming traps every day is awful.

Will the new polar dungeon require the 20 power stones to access?

What is the vision for how a powerstone island should be ran. Our tribe is recognized as a high end progression tribe and people ask us for how we get our powerstones. Naked running is how I answer themĀ  šŸ˜•. The way I envision it is using tames and people to clear out islands of creatures. The problem is elementals/cyclops used to be killable with ballista/cannon (explosive kegs) recently you nerfed them to the point that I don't see it being doable and now it's just run things away because you can't kill them. Is there a plan to change the powerstones to give you more of a sense of accomplishment by clearing it instead of just running around naked with a carbine? (this includes the run naked to the cave and have people kill themselves until everybody gets their stone).

I believe the hydra from H6 went to visit his buddy on L3 to see his new home. After a few shots he got drunk and can't get home. Is there a way to get the H6 hydra back home?

I have noticed that the game has way too many schooners of the damned. I believe people kill the galleys and brigs cause they are high ticket ships then leave the schooners and now they wander around alone and angry. Could you make it so that the ships are worth exp per kill but the items and crew don't drop until you kill the entire pack of ships of the damned?

After the nerf to predator spawns it seems to be too hard to find high level predators. Can they get increased spawns on the larger islands atleast?

Why can't I tame and ride a turtle? šŸ˜„

Can the submarine get a button I can hold to auto dock rather than having to hold E on the wall of my sub?

Can I get some kind of submarine port to protect my submarine?

Ā 

~Lotus

Ā 

Edited by Lotus
Somebody already pointed out the sextant.
  • Like 4

Hello,Ā 

Quick question for the stream. I think that the pvp "pirate" aspect of the game needs to be strengthened. Things like being able to steal people's boats and stuff. In the steam description of the game, it talks about crew logs attached to boats that would log the history of the boat, through its different owners. I feels that sinking a boats needs to be a more special event. For example, a notorious ship was sunk and the news spreads you know. What can you comment on these points?

Captain Doublepegleg

Hello,
I have 2 questions .

1) This question was probably asked a huge number of times, but Iā€™ll ask again "Will there be wipes?"
I think this question worries a huge number of players who are not only focused on PVP.

2) Will ā€œsingle modeā€ be added as in ARK?

Edited by FlayAllster

First, can we raise the structure placement limit on Brigs and Galleons? (It seems really low, couldn't even have railings up) Second,Ā the resource re spawn rate in lawless zone M6 is crazy fastĀ (Like 30 sec re spawn) can you guys tweak that at all? Thanks!!

Keep up the work!!

Will you be adding a hardcore mode (permadeath) like in ARK? If so, when?