INVALID

Developer Live Stream Q&A - Deadline: 1st of May

We'll be conducting a livestream next week and it'll include a segment where we answer questions from this thread. So AUAA! 

• Like 2

Ahoi,

I would like to know if you have plans to add some story to atlas like in ark so that we can find maybe a captains log ingame with story related informations and  maybe some story skins rewards?

I also have some sugestions and i would like to hear some  from you if some things are likely or plant to come in the future.

The colouring of ships should show a more opaque colour, in the beginning it was possible to paint planks free again which made the colour more opaque.

A buyable potion that prevents hair from growing and one that turns it on.(or a option if you cut your hair with the scissor)

more Hairstyles,  pls 😄

Will i be able to have a cursed looking crew (and skins for me) like skeleton pirates or cursed fishmen crew members?

A signal flag should be placeable on the masts where you can show a Jolly Roger or your own flag. (now if we have the deco flag it should have a snap point on the mast)

One wide ridge is missing as roof function, and  a more flatternd roof parts for ships, the normal sloop wall roof looks very silly on the ships

a 2x2 floor gate to be able to build cargo ships for better animal transport.

Crew members should play songs if they have instruments in their inventory, generally more crew possibilities, i would like to be able to hang these etc.

Cages should be able to be placed on horse carts and prisoners should be able to be placed in them.

After entering the pin code, the lever should no longer be used to select the pin code quickly, but should have the Open / Close option.

The new small gate is great, what is missing now is that we get a gate which lets the elephant through but is not too high. Maybe we could change the middle gate to 4x4

Conan exiles have some great DLC's that brings new Building parts that clearly simple Building skins and armor skins, would soemthing like this coming to atlas? I would like to have more themed based building/cloths  tools etc. maybe Viking, Marine, Skull, cursed etc themed?

Will we get more and other ship costumisations? it would be a blast to have some cursed themed pirates of teh caribean like davy jones ship

• Like 5

Hello there, a few comments...

Firstly, a QoL change, I would like to know if its possible that the Spyglass could tell us the quality of shipwrecks on the ocean surface, rather than us having to dive down to find out its been a terrible waste of our time? (had one or two that we've had to kill SoTD to get to only to find low quality shipwrecks)

Secondly, I'd also like to ask if the friendly mermaid quest is meant to be a radius complete?, since me and a friend both swam to one right next to eachother, and luck of the draw gave him the complete and not myself. 

Thirdly, I've done a bit of proof reading in your skill tree, Piracy seems to have a spelling mistake in there, where you use the word swipwrecked and not shipwrecked, had to mention it, as it triggers me every time I see it LOL.

Edited by Dan3rz
added another question.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question: When is the AI going to be further developed?
At this time we have basic AI that will do basic fighting, Cannon and ship sailing. I believe that NPCs should be integrated more into the game, so that towns and villages look busier, and you can bump into AI on the road, maybe even a Pirate gangs trying to mug you. The potential is endless.
I would like to see the AI developed further, so that we can make AI more useful in tasks such as Gardening (Fertiliser deposits, and crop collection; Farming (Stone, Thatch, Fibre, and stone.). 
This game is supposed to be a Pirate Adventure, but currently 80% of my time is spent farming. Also I know of at least 20 settlers on my island that have left the game citing that the game is too farming intensive.

In addition the NPCs could act as Law Enforcement to help with a reputation system.
Which leads to .....

QUESTION 2:   When will a reputation system be added to the game?
This can then be linked with a Law enforcement system to make base raiding more challenging, as a neg reputation would be gotten when you attack another company in combat time, thus alerting the Royal Navy (CONCORD/POLICE) and making it potentially harder for you to get away with your stolen bootie. A suggestion of how this could work is available at.

The reputation system could also be used to improve the rep between companies, maybe a system whereby the company can either add remove reputation points to your company as they see fit, or a more automated system of the the more your work near them in peace the better your reputation gets.

Edited by Critor
  • Like 3

Question: Would it be useful to setup a Community ideas review council, that would then review all ideas given by the community and prioritise those that the community think are important. Obviously the final say would be grapeshots as it has to fit in with your development plans.
However it would give you a clearer view of the communities opinion, and a truer representation of how the community feels the game is developing, without all the negging and trolling that is currently in the forums.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

More options for hired crew? Like a mine where they can gather stone etc over time?

Taming more underwater creatures?

• Like 1

My only question would as to whether or not you plan to wipe the servers again. As i think in doing so would severely damage your player base.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Also to add, is there any possible changes to the dragons, currently they seem quite hard to do since they deaggro when people fall in the water, and its hard to hit them with ballistas/cannons... surely we shouldn't just have to use carbines to defeat them?

Just seems they are a lot stronger than the hydras than they should be imo.

When will you allow climbing through windows with climbing picks back in the game especially in pvp. You can even make it a pirate skill if u have to. If people do not put doors over their windows that there own fault. But climbing in windows to rob people should be brought back, it's more pirate than farming to tame creatures.

I fully understand adding new content to the game is needed for quality of life etc however with a game like this where custom servers need to be redone to add the new content, my question is how often do you intend to add new islands etc that require the map to be updated? Will this be something to expect every couple of months with 'mega patches'?

You made an awesome game that you want to play, that's why I spent so much of my time and 
compiled this beta tester report, in the hope that the game will continue to develop and become 
better! 
Here are a few of my wishes / suggestions: 
1. Real pirates do not sink ships, they seize them and rob! Add a boarding mode for sea battles. 
The mode is activated when a boarding hook loaded into the swivel weapon engages the enemy 
ship in a close naval battle. I described the entire mode in detail in the “Boarding” section. 
2. To ban bots on swiveling guns on ships. Give players the opportunity to land on enemy ships. 
3. Balance melee weapons. Blackjack is much more effective than saber and lance. Purple 
stunning damage is more effective for players than slow saber strikes and spikes. Stunning at 1 
minute is tantamount to killing and even more dangerous. Swords and pikes are useless. Increase 
the damage and attack speed of the saber and spikes, otherwise they will not be used, because the 
baton worth 20 wood is more effective. 
4. Ship guns and gunports no one uses, because big guns are more effective. Enter the limit on 
the number of large cannons on the ship, so that players use ship cannons and gunports. 
5. Players cover the ships with roofs to protect the cores from the cores; they turn out to be ugly 
monsters, not ships. Limit the ability to close the slats roofs, build only up and inside the ship. 
6. There is very little variety of ships, there were a lot more sailing ships in history, please add 
new ships. And add more varied fittings, not only the bow of the ship, but also the new 
appearance of the sails, different steering wheels, beautiful railings, patterns, statues, lanterns, 
balconies, so that players can create unique ships that do not look alike. Reduce the weight of 
wooden structures on the ship, so that players make not minimalistic ships due to problems with 
overload, but can create their own unique ships with cabins, rooms, balconies, etc. 
7. Turn off automatic bots shots on ships, let bots shoot at the player’s command 
just to make the fights more alive and unpredictable. Bots auto shots in anchor mode only. 
8. Fix non-killing bots in the tow. This is a problem, the immortals should not be. Imbalance in 
favor of the defenders. 
9. Reduce the resistance to damage from the armor, or increase the damage of the firearm on the 
armor, killing a player with 6-10 shots from a long-reloading weapon is not normal. The same 
thing, increase the damage on animals and bots, killing them from 10-20 shots is awful and 
implausible. 
10. Allow bots to use firearms (carbine, musket, pistol) to liven up battles and use NPS in 
combat as a combat unit, and not only as an application for the functioning of a tow or pivot 
weapon. You can give them slow aiming so that they do not hit the running targets and long 
reloading so that the bots are not a strong problem for the players. But when a bot is not a useless 
servant for stationary guns, but a combat unit from which a detachment can be created and used 
when attacking an enemy it will be fabulous fights. 
11. Add a debuff after death, for example - 30% to everything within 10 minutes. That people 
were afraid to die, engaged in food and the balance of vitamins. Now if there is a bed near, then 
no one is watching the food and vitamins, because to die and be reborn next to it is nothing. 
People deliberately kill themselves to restore the balance of vitamins or fill the stomach. 

Boarding mode 

a) You can load boarding hooks into the swiveling weapon on ships. 
b) When approaching ships at close range, you can shoot hooks and cling to the enemy ship. 
With a successful hit, the boarding mode begins, at which the ships approach, align and stop. 
c) Each hook hooked to the enemy ship has a margin of safety and can be destroyed with a melee 
weapon. If all hooks are destroyed, the boarding mode is terminated. 
d) Under the boarding mode, you cannot open the sails, you cannot shoot from guns and swivel 
weapons, you cannot flood your ship and demolish the planks, the resource box and the box for 
projectiles are blocked for use. 
e) To capture an enemy ship, you need to set a flag on it in boarding mode and protect it for 15 
minutes. The defending team can reset the boarding and seizure of the ship by destroying all the 
hooks holding their ship or running to the enemy flag on their ship and pressing E to destroy the 
flag holding the command for 30 seconds. Any damage to the player resets the process of 
destroying the flag and must be re-clamped for 30 seconds. 
f) If the attacking team manages to defend their flag on the enemy ship for 15 minutes and save 
at least 1 hook, then the enemy ship goes along with its resource box and shells as a reward. 

с1.jpg

Edited by Rubash
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Proposal for a new large mega-update. You have made a terrestrial world, a watery, underwater world, in May an underground one will appear, the next step is an overground or aerial world! Make magic flying in the clouds of the island as golden ruins. To get there, players are worth a flying ship, which costs a lot of resources and flies on special rare fuel that is difficult to get and little appears, for example, players create balloons and look for plants in the golden ruin that produce volatile gas. Balloons filled with this lawn are needed for the manufacture of a flying ship and are used as fuel for flight. On the islands of the air, players can complete quests and tame flying creatures (for example: pegasus, hypogrif, big eagle, pteractactil) You already have the mechanics of flying in the game and have been at the Ark. I think this is not a problem to create. So that players do not fly everywhere and constantly in flying creatures to make a big expense of endurance during flight, so that players cannot fly far. And prohibit the flight by a margin.

letuchiy-korabl-tuchi-samolety.jpg

Edited by Rubash
  • Like 2

sorry, this is an extra message, please delete

Edited by Rubash

Unofficial server bug where people who build ship using non common ship yards (mythic large shipyard) are having their ship xp capped at different levels, my server we had lvl 24 and lvl 26 ships that couldnt lvl any further. No ship xp ini code or anything like that is in place.

• Like 1

For dedicated server owners, can we have options with end game settings so we don't have to always keep expanding grids for each new quest line. (ie; submarine was not unlockable without adding 9 trenches). At this rate only servers with more than 20 grids will be able to experience stuff, leaving out smaller servers. 

• Like 1

Some questions maybe you can already answer/teaser some during the live stream.

Have you thought about letting us rig up small ships like the sloop in a cheap wooden makeshift construction that immediately decays after the ship is released?

That would help to clear the beaches a lot.

Will ship planks get more hp one way or another so they are not so inferior to cheap walls?
Or is it planned that ships remain so extremely fragile that people sink all ships they come across because its so easy
but not bother to break a door from a ship/building to get to the resources?

Re-docking into shipyards or docks for schooner and up where the ship is protected from sinking like it is during construction?
Would help to get a lot more people onto the sea and out of those walls 😉

Will we see new sails, bigger and additional sails (foresails, aft sails, …) like on real ships?

Will we see something like a traditional figurehead to craft rather than purchase?
So every ship can have one by standard when being build which allows for a snap point to additional sails.

New surface ship models and plank parts in the pipes?
Like a frigate and planks with windows and balconies for the stern.

New decorations for outside or inside of ships and buildings in the work?
Like a comfy tier two bed or a smaller chest model etc.

Don’t know if you want to reveal the airships and floating islands yet but seems like an open secret 😉

Rework and expansion of the skill tree planned? Maybe some more optional skills beyond the basics that make us better at doing various stuff and set characters apart from differently skilled ones, like cheaper crafting or repair, ship handling and speed, crew damage buff and so on…

Are new hairstyles and clothing skins coming to allow for a bit more rp besides armors?

Edited by Linea
  • Like 1

Will the Icebox that is planned to tbe added in the next contentpatch affect baby animals to help counter overheating (asking since the penguins dont seem to affect them)?

Edited by ostjaevel

Are we going to get a working bowsprit and sails that work correctly? And maybe sails that are correct according to ship type? Like only 3 masts on a galleon? Also can the turning circle of the galleon be improved? Maybe match that of the sotd galleon?

Flying creatures will break this game... More adjustable boat styles and redo the building mechanics for buildings and ships like S+ mod in ARK and Castles and Keeps mod in ARK... We should be able to make the strangest ships afloat if people like, but no flyers. If they are put in the game there is no need for boats and the pirate game we all wanted will be dead.

I really love the game and I know you guys will be answering questions. So I will try to keep this short. 

First question is Will there be new ships added to Atlas within the foreseeable future? And if so what ships can we expect to see? Personally I would love to see Frigates/man of wars, or dutch fleuts. The frigates/man of wars were powerful warships capable of carrying 124 total cannons. This is not including swivel guns. These are bigger than galleons easily. 

Second question, I noticed concept art here in the forums and was wondering if we will be seeing biomes such as jungles or redwoods. Jungles could be fertile lands capable of being an alternative to equitorials as far as farming goes. Redwoods could be especially good for breeding and be used to introduce tree platforms and even may be able to introduce new armour skins that would resemble tribesman outfits. 

Third question and last  one will we there be any more weapons or armour added to the game? Either as skins or as their own armour. Personally I would love to see weapons such as tridents, or halberds added and armour sets that could look like roman legionairre armour. 

Can we get Auto closing door feature?
I enjoyed the Fog of war on to see where i had discovered and where i have been, can we get that at least as a toggle option?
Can we get Fire coral and Brain coral into the ship resource box?
How do you kill a fire elemental? seems their target lock fireballs and them just flying through the sky and waters, with a huge agro range is overpowered and not fitting or balanced  due to how hard they are to kill.

Will the missing Information Feedback for the Player (  clear dmg Numbers on Weapons, cannons in example, or why  Deal a cannonball less dmg against a Struktur?reason: The damage reduction Information is missing on that strucktur ) and the „text overflow“ on screen polished?

Will there be any changes to the Player Shop ? While the idea is good but it is being held  back by its unnecessary  steep upkeep cost and auto-destruct in 2 days , i would love to see player shop being available anywhere .

Will you change the crew recruitment ? Like only need to pay them 1 time only but at higher cost .

Can you change animal breeding to only affect by temperature and not biomes ? My bear tamed in Tundra yet i can't breed it because wrong biomes .

Edited by kampfer91
  • Like 2