Sign in to follow this  
Dollie

Captain's Log 27: May Mega-Update

Animal/crew seated points on boats.  A small post that snaps to the deck, small, medium, large varieties that you can “Use teather xxx” command and animals will be (seated) on the boat. 

In my observation things that use your seated code are never wonky like things just sitting on deck.

• Like 2

Actual NPC pirates. Their AI would follow you until you exceeded their range OR they sank you OR you dropped your sails (stopped) in which they “steal” 20% of your cargo. In turn if you sink them the ship wreck yields a map to where they have “placed” all their stolen booty.

Land owners of the grid, while this ship is in their grid lose “5% of taxes collected”, a notifications of Pirates at the home grid would be appropriate.

Edited by Skinner NA PVE
  • Like 2

Living Buff or Death Debuff 

Carrot or stick I think the players that actually survive should have advantages over those of us [like myself] that just jump on a camp fire and die when I get hungry.

• Like 1

Last one. (Joke)

Bed are limited to the current grid you are in. For fast travel an NPC must be placed call him “ticket salesman”. When you fast travel you board a transport ship, costs 3 gold per grid, each grid takes 1 minute to cross, you can play a mini game to decrease gold cost and travel time.

Please continue doing what you are doing I am really enjoying the game. Please limit wipes to your nose and rear end.

Edited by Skinner NA PVE
  • Like 1

*fix breeding

*make wind directions change more frequently

*add electricity

*continue working on ghost ships they are buggy 

This game isn't a true pirate game a mix between two different games I enjoyed ark and sea of thieves. And its been a good source of entertainment. I would love for the army of the damned to be more active on the shores were you have to fend off the island ect. So many ideas for this game... For those who say keep it pirate not ark.. Realize its a mix between two games take the game as it is. To the devs don't put your hands in to many cookie jars until you finish with the first cookie.

• Like 2

Now that you have solved “tax” issue and people not wanting to “work for anyone else” please consider the following.

Everyone has their tax rate at max on PVE and there is not reason not to.... So

Make tax rate and upkeep cost tied together. Want higher taxes pay more gold upkeep, no settlers, lower tax rate and lower upkeep costs.

I leave the math up to you.

• Like 1

Consider a mechanic to allow me to protect settlers on our Island for more than 10 days. Anyone can destroy their stuff after 10 day timer.

This happened to some of out settlers.

Also it appears their boat is not decaying at all.

We think they left EU for NA but was going to give them another 10 days benefit of the doubt.

so wait, let me get this right, you locked the sub behind a big bad raid boss and now you are giving it torpedoes. Does the concept of game balance elude you that much? If these torpedoes aren't anything else but explosive auto deplankers you can bet you'll see more numbers drop off ur precious official servers. To be clear this isnt little company vs mega this is dungeon dweller neck beard vs average joe works for a living and has a life outside your game.

• Thanks 1

I hope my eyes didn't deceive me,cos damn i'd love to see airships in the game done like the one in baron munchaussen with a sailable ship below,and also yeh the speargun looks amazing.Don't get me wrong i'm a total pirate head but the thought of piloting my own airship woah,the only question is will it still be a pirate game or a steampunk game?I'm happy with either outcome tbh.But please up the level cap so we can enjoy everything.thx

14 hours ago, Bullslayer said:

so wait, let me get this right, you locked the sub behind a big bad raid boss and now you are giving it torpedoes. Does the concept of game balance elude you that much? If these torpedoes aren't anything else but explosive auto deplankers you can bet you'll see more numbers drop off ur precious official servers. ...

Well you have to see it this way...:

Because they have no concept around how their sea battles between sailing ships should be, they allow the one-hit-wonder one sided cannon shotguns to drive ( and not tip over ) around the oceans... Therefore loosing anyone who is here for "pirate-themed" sail ship battles... just to try to keep the sea battle aspect of the game skill free for those skill free customers that seem not to show up to buy the game anyway...

And because of that even the weight bonus on cannons in gun ports is not enough to use them anymore and they stay empty...
So lets put torpedoes in those gun ports that are not used anyway...
That will fix the meta problem and finally we get broadside ship battles like in the old days of sailing and pirates and torpedoes... :classic_huh:

The even more important question one should ask is: where to put the AntiAircraftArtillery for defense against the airship menace... :classic_blink:
And what iteration of the Boss Battle and pre-requirements need to be met to unlock those things for everyone not 24/7-Mega4theWin...

• Thanks 1

Just simply stating that clearly they want this game for people with no lives and hey thats fine but stop lying to the rest of us that have jobs and families to take care of thus dont have 18 hrs a day to devote to this one game.

• Like 1

Yesterday I spent 2 hours collecting wood and my company mate spent 6 hours collecting wood. That isn’t fair he has more wood... Does that sum that up?

• Like 1

This game has declined ever since they initially changed claims and added subs...its all downhill from here folks.

• Like 1

@Dollie ang @Jatheish

I've just watched the stream. Not bad.

But some questions to that:

1. Is the Turtle tameable or do I get it at an vendor?

2. Does the cart only work with horses?

3. The game has an nice crafting aspect, why in the world dont you guys make cosmetic items like the armorsets craftable? Would be good for trading too.

4. Does the torpedo work against sotd? Maybe this was already said, but I didnt understood everything. It easier to read english for some.

5. Does the harpoon work on animals and chars? 

Thx in advance.

I live in Polar region which is an icebox. why would I need an icebox when the benefits of one I already should be getting? If I travel to warmer climes sure but otherwise Polar should naturally have the reduced decay time.  How will you get ICE for the box? Standing Ice is only in Polar regions. Will it be mineable?  Can Polar people take it to warmer areas and sell it?

23 minutes ago, Temijin DeathStalker said:

I live in Polar region which is an icebox. why would I need an icebox when the benefits of one I already should be getting? If I travel to warmer climes sure but otherwise Polar should naturally have the reduced decay time.  How will you get ICE for the box? Standing Ice is only in Polar regions. Will it be mineable?  Can Polar people take it to warmer areas and sell it?

Yes you'll be able to mine ice. It will melt quick unless you have the icebox, but people will be able to visit polar region to mine ice.

it is necessary to do in these projects of world bosses from which unique loot or territory will fall out only under the control of which you will receive unique resources

On 5/24/2019 at 12:29 PM, Martyn said:

Less Cosmetics More Actual Armour types. 

And less tames but more ship types. Instead of freaking torpedos.

Quick question... Since i havent seen an actual launch date for this mega update (may have been my fault), can anyone give a hint??

Or is the May mega update going to turn into a June mega update?

1 hour ago, Ironleg17 said:

Quick question... Since i havent seen an actual launch date for this mega update (may have been my fault), can anyone give a hint??

Or is the May mega update going to turn into a June mega update?

The PTR has just gone up today, so i'd expect the mega update to drop early June.

Hmm, I need to clear out one thing: Is the Blackwood gonna be a singleplayer map, so that we would be able to play it on our rigs without any server, setup itc. just like the ark singleplayer? Or do I have to rent a server to play it anyway, just it doesn't require any setup but can be installed as is?