Sign in to follow this  
JadedGamer

Alliance number?

I thought we were supposed to only be able  to join 2 different alliances? I logged in last night to find my squad in 3. Is there a limit? 

It was since the start of the mega patch changed. We was in more than 2 alliances right away.

this new alliance number limitations are just hurting the small companies more than anything else...how it looks now is: big companies form an alliance and due to the sever limits the small companies that settle stay red to most...or there is more small companies that would want to work together to get somewhat reasonable numbers...can't due to limit. all in all this system just makes it a pain for everyone and screws over small companies as a whole.

i play in a really small one and before it was way better with friendly grid neighbours forming alliances for trade, treassure hunting or working together for defense...just not possible any longer.

i mean if they don't want super big alliances limit on players and not companies the way it is without any standing system is just making it a pain for all, big or small.

They should just go ahead and make Factions a part of the game.  That way nobody is left out in the cold, and you can actually trust those in your Alliance.  Many of my company left because you can't trust anybody, and the penalty for losing is so high...you literally lose everything.  With factions, while you lose everything, people in your faction would more than likely go out of their way to help you rebuild.

When I say factions, I mean companies in a faction.  You would still form your own companies, but they would be in a faction.  Just make it 2, or 4 factions, based on the map.  Where you initially settle would determine your faction.  Maybe even where you spawn in, which you would choose.  The game could help with balance by closing off joining of factions is an imbalance is detected.  The Megas could be encouraged by the Devs, on which faction to join, to start off.  When single players join, they are only able to join the undermanned faction, if a serious imbalance is detected.  Playing hours could be tracked, to also help with this, as hours played is as important as total number of people in a faction.