[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

Is this shipyard going to be a fail?

So, I placed a small shipyard, got it nicely lined up with my wooden flooring to make it look nice.

You can see here:

D2dYKTi.jpg

Then I realised, in that exact spot is an annoying high rock right in the middle where the ship is constructed.

TYbcQlK.jpg

It's not high enough for me to walk on, but you can see from here how high it is.

oJ8VQxE.jpg

Is that likely to break my sloop the instant I 'release' it?

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

Sloops are built way forward in the dock so there is a chance that it will mostly clear the rock.  Sloops are so cheap it will only take you 30 mins to find out one way or the other.  I see no way a Schooner could be built in that dock though.

15 minutes ago, Bandit439 said:

Sloops are built way forward in the dock so there is a chance that it will mostly clear the rock.  Sloops are so cheap it will only take you 30 mins to find out one way or the other.  I see no way a Schooner could be built in that dock though.

Yeah I might build a sloop quick and test it out. I'm not intending to use a schooner really anyway, sloops work well enough for me. I'll give it a try and if it fails I can try and extend it out a bit further.

when u try to place the skeleton might give u warning

1 hour ago, Bandit439 said:

way forward ? how you gonna do that ?  it's a small shipyard

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2njo0dmyg4qz3n/20190426144907_1.jpg?dl=0

50 minutes ago, UDO said:

when u try to place the skeleton might give u warning

did you or anyone else ever get warning ?  we didn't and lost a brig although it looked ok to build

Edited by Ucan_Kizmiaz
formatting

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

So, I placed a small shipyard, got it nicely lined up with my wooden flooring to make it look nice.

You can see here:

D2dYKTi.jpg

Then I realised, in that exact spot is an annoying high rock right in the middle where the ship is constructed.

TYbcQlK.jpg

[...]

Is that likely to break my sloop the instant I 'release' it?

it's going to break

Yeah I think you guys are right it probably would break. I decided to move it further out.

I extended it out by 6 ceilings.

Lvuoeu1.jpg

Where I am swimming now is the edge of the rock, so I think that's pretty safe. Also I couldn't put the shipyard much further out as it was too deep.

rSLeDO3.jpg

Well i'm pretty happy with it now.

The ceilings go all the way up to the shipyard which is nice as before there was an obstruction issue but it allowed clipping this time.

The only thing is my slight OCD will havew to live with the realisation that I didn't quite get it straight as the left side has a slightly wider gap lol.

V9WZ2P7.png

I also managed to get an Alpha Pig stuck underneath the wood ceilings causing mayhem already! I've now placed walls down the left side, thankfully as walls couldn't clip into the ground half walls worked. Just got to patch the right side so nothing gets under that side!

So much space on the wood ceilings now, gonna have to put some stuff on there!

14 hours ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

way forward ? how you gonna do that ?  it's a small shipyard

did you or anyone else ever get warning ?  we didn't and lost a brig although it looked ok to build

i have had and it wouldnt let me build the skeleton say something like shipyard not clear or similar