Sign in to follow this  
VAZGHOUL

MAY mega update , wipe again ?

45 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

They wipe again this soon andcthe game is done. I'll delete it and walk away

Good news for you, no need to go full emo.

No wipe is planned!

46 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Good news for you, no need to go full emo.

No wipe is planned!

Full emo? Lol, no Ive been gaming too long to give a crap about 1 game. Just in case the Dev actually reads the post, letting them know another wipe will cost them even more players (as if there are many left anyways).

You may want to actually read when was posted though because they did NOT eliminate the possibility of a wipe, just stated it is not "planned". Judging by the devs actions so far with the game, something somewhere will go wrong and the deadline will be pushed at least 3 times lol

Why all the rage about wipes when EVERYONE should now know from now until release( almost 2 years away) wipes are possible. "QQ I will quit if they wipe." means nothing when you have been notified well in advance it could happen at anytime if needed. 

8 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Full emo? Lol, no Ive been gaming too long to give a crap about 1 game. Just in case the Dev actually reads the post, letting them know another wipe will cost them even more players (as if there are many left anyways).

You may want to actually read when was posted though because they did NOT eliminate the possibility of a wipe, just stated it is not "planned". Judging by the devs actions so far with the game, something somewhere will go wrong and the deadline will be pushed at least 3 times lol

there is so much of this "if i don't get my way, i'm going to take me ball and go home" attitude. that's textbook emo behavior. 

9 hours ago, VAZGHOUL said:

if they wipe again. i m done w this game. Uninstall.

oh look, there is another!

1 hour ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Sorry, Emo is a term that came after my nuts dropped so I am unaware of what is or is not emo behavior. Thanks for pointing out the fact you are another "I am going to bash anyones opinion that differs from mine" Millennial. Go find a safe place. Oh wait, you are in your parents basement so you have already.

Na, just tired of all the whining. “If I don’t get _________, I’m going to quit.” doesn’t  ad anything to the conversation. But neither does arguing on the internet so I’ll leave it there... Fire away. 

So many people call any post they don't like "whining".    

Look, the devs want feedback on the game and on the EA.  The other day some guy posted a really angry rant about his boat destructing near an island.  Everyone guess he drove it full speed into a rock.  Probably that's what happened..maybe it wasn't.  Who knows?  But it's feedback.  The devs may use it or not, they may tuck it away for future reference.  If 35 people post angrily that their boat fell apart on a coastline, maybe the devs will decide so many angry players is not a good thing  and change something.  There's no need to call the guy a whiner and tell him "learn to sail".    There's no need to tell him over and over again it was his own fault, because that doesn't even matter.  The feeback is - this happened to me in your game and it really pissed me off.  Let the devs make of that what they will.

Same thing with wipes.  Everybody has their wipe limit, and it might help the devs to know what those are.  If you're posting on this thread calling people whiners, you just haven't hit your own wipe limit yet.    But people have the right to provide this feedback on the game.

That goes for nearly any opinion somebody has about the game. It's feedback.  It's what players are supposed to be doing, aside from reporting bugs and attempting to have a good time playing the game.  If you disagree with their opinion, you could try giving your reasons for it, instead of posing as the carnie who can guess everyone's age and weight.

Edited by Winter Thorne

58 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

So many people call any post they don't like "whining".    

Look, the devs want feedback on the game and on the EA.  The other day some guy posted a really angry rant about his boat destructing near an island.  Everyone guess he drove it full speed into a rock.  Probably that's what happened..maybe it wasn't.  Who knows?  But it's feedback.  The devs may use it or not, they may tuck it away for future reference.  If 35 people post angrily that their boat fell apart on a coastline, maybe the devs will decide so many angry players is not a good thing  and change something.  There's no need to call the guy a whiner and tell him "learn to sail".    There's no need to tell him over and over again it was his own fault, because that doesn't even matter.  The feeback is - this happened to me in your game and it really pissed me off.  Let the devs make of that what they will.

Same thing with wipes.  Everybody has their wipe limit, and it might help the devs to know what those are.  If you're posting on this thread calling people whiners, you just haven't hit your own wipe limit yet.    But people have the right to provide this feedback on the game.

That goes for nearly any opinion somebody has about the game. It's feedback.  It's what players are supposed to be doing, aside from reporting bugs and attempting to have a good time playing the game.  If you disagree with their opinion, you could try giving your reasons for it, instead of posing as the carnie who can guess everyone's age and weight.

Well said bro!

• Thanks 1

@Winter Thorne

What you are calling “feedback” is realllllly pushing the definition. Let’s call it what it is, it’s just bitching plain and simple. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by someone making a snide, derogatory comment without any deeper thought or explanation given. If you think that wiping the server would be detrimental to the long term health of this game and want to communicate that here in a constructive way, great! I have zero problem with that. I have basically said as much in other posts, but I was careful to do it in a way that came across in a productive manner with context explaining exactly what I was thinking. 

I am not calling it “whining” because I don’t agree with it, I DO agree that wiping would be a bad idea. I am calling “whining” because it comes across in a completely self absorbed way that adds nothing to the discussion. 

Please think about what you are defending here. This community is already toxic enough. 

Edited by Meerkat

8 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

@Winter Thorne

I am not calling it “whining” because I don’t agree with it, I DO agree that wiping would be a bad idea. I am calling “whining” because it comes across in a completely self absorbed way that adds nothing to the discussion. 

Please think about what you are defending here. This community is already toxic enough. 

Why call it anything at all?  It's someone else's feedback.  It's got nothing to do with you.  The guy simply stated he'd reached his wipe limit.

Calling people names is what makes a place toxic. 

Please think about defending calling people names for saying they can't take another wipe.

• Like 2

I concur, another wipe would leave a very bitter taste.

However:

No wipe coming, so happy continuing to expand my chicken farm.  My company mate put a post up outside it labelled KFC.  The chickens and I don't like him any more.

:classic_cool:

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2019 at 7:07 AM, =MGC=Ranger said:

They wipe again this soon andcthe game is done. I'll delete it and walk away

Definitely full emo.

Once spotted, an Emo will turn into a Rageaholic, as their cover is blown.

Since when does designating your tolerance levels for game development constitute being classified as emo?

I see nothing wrong with drawing a line in the sand for a game.   Besides everyone quits games for one reason or another at some point.  Perhaps every gamer has a emo moment when they finally realize a game is junk and move on.  Maybe?   lol

Besides calling people names is something a 5 year old does. 

Well unless you are 5 mentally....then nvm and carry on.   There's no fixing immaturity, it just takes time.

Edited by sgzeroone
  • Like 2

1.5 required a wipe due to world redesign and mainly - due to new claim system introduced. If there wont be any of that - no wipe requires.

Edited by George Catcher

Maybe they will just do a character wipe this time???   They didn't need to do that last time and they did....  🙂