Sign in to follow this  
Ntdk

Give me my time back

I dont know how many hours did i spend doing a fucking brigantine.

I just release it and i ship with it to do something.

I arrived to the first island and this ship didnt last more than 10 minutes.

It just go away flying throught the island and obiously it got broken.

Now i lost my time and my ship.

Does this game have support or something like that? 

What a fucking shit.

Instead of crying like a spoiled child please document exactly what happened and where in the bug reporting section.  This issue happens on rare occasion and if enough evidence can be gathered they might be able to fix it. 

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Instead of crying like a spoiled child please document exactly what happened and where in the bug reporting section.  This issue happens on rare occasion and if enough evidence can be gathered they might be able to fix it. 

Because god knows, that as a paid beta tester he should have no right to get pissed off when shit doesn't work.  How dare he.

Oh... wait a minute...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Because god knows, that as a paid beta tester he should have no right to get pissed off when shit doesn't work.  How dare he.

Oh... wait a minute...

Or could be player error never know if he was too slow on closing sails and rammed the island.

If you spend many hours on building a damn brigantine, you must be doing something wrong. Maybe start there. 

2 hours ago, Ntdk said:

What a fucking shit.

the beaches of some islands are very treacherous, you should pay close attention with shallow parts and especially submerged rocks

17 minutes ago, Rising said:

the beaches of some islands are very treacherous, you should pay close attention with shallow parts and especially submerged rocks

And pillars..

2 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Oh... wait a minute...

Dipshits don't have to buy early access games.  Even if they can't read the disclaimer.  This has been a constant in gaming for a while now. 

If you want to be pissed of about games that have bugs or missing features! Go buy Anthem. That's a full release apparently. 

• Like 2

my first brig i remember crashing into an island at full speed because i thought i could close all the sails by my lonesome without npc's in time. i was wrong. ships can fly into the sky. who would have thought. 

my second brig i built got blown to bits by an automatic fire ship of the damned. 5 seconds from contact with the sod, i was sunk and wishing i took my raft out instead.

Ohhhh the good ol' days! I miss the excitement of not knowing what to expect.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 6:43 PM, Smash said:

Dipshits don't have to buy early access games.  Even if they can't read the disclaimer.  This has been a constant in gaming for a while now. 

If you want to be pissed of about games that have bugs or missing features! Go buy Anthem. That's a full release apparently. 

Because dipshits like you keep singing the praises of broken EA games, companies like GS can get away with making YOU pay to test a game for them.  Damned funny isn't it? GS is laughing their ass off all the way to the bank selling a busted game and you're defending them like that's how it should be.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:14 PM, Ntdk said:

What a fucking shit.

It is highly debatable whether established companies like Grapecard should be allowed to sell access to games in stages of development that for most of the industries existence paid beta testers were used to iron out the sorts of issues you're complaining about. What isn't debatable is that you were warned in advance of purchase that this game was 2 years of development away from being considered a finished product and issues such as this should be expected to arise during gameplay. That is what Early Access means. "Caveat Emptor" let the buyer beware means your foul mouthed short tempered table flipping rant is not a legitimate complaint as posed, but rather yet another in a long list of people complaining because they couldn't or wouldn't take responsibility to understand what they were purchasing prior to doing so and set expectations properly.

Sympathy for such behavior is minimal.

• Like 2

Seems like someone was rushing island too fast 🙂 Maybe build sloop or schooner first to learn how to handle a ship. 

Edited by Willard

early access is just marketing to sell things not finished, not completed, its a trash market where games like this one can emerge to make money

but the only objective is making money with a small gang, not complete the game

there is long list of early access games in steam not even developed anymore by someone but still sold there

and u will find some people to defend that, even is the game is not fun or completely failed

Atlas is a fake mmo, not massive, not sandbox, not persistent,

hardcore mechanics are cool when the game is good, like EVE online, u can loose a lot against others players 

but u dont loose stuff, skills and time  because of the  game 

early access to justify such a fail is too easy

oh and btw i loled with Grapeshot an established company ? do u have an idea how many devs really developping that game ?

1 ? 2 ? 3 ? O ? 0.5 ? 

could be worse. you could have bought a real boat and jumped in it with  no knowledge or experience and sunk that. at least here you dont die when you do stupid things

5 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Because dipshits like you keep singing the praises of broken EA games, companies like GS can get away with making YOU pay to test a game for them.  Damned funny isn't it? GS is laughing their ass off all the way to the bank selling a busted game and you're defending them like that's how it should be.

Its meant to be broken dipshit. That's the fucking point. It's on the box...... They're not making you enter your (or your parents most likely) credit card details into steam. 

It's not that hard to just go "Fuck im an impatient ass. This one is EA. I'm going to give it a hard pass" then just go download fortnight with the other hardcore 12 y/os for instant gratification. 

2 hours ago, Smash said:

Its meant to be broken dipshit. That's the fucking point. It's on the box...... They're not making you enter your (or your parents most likely) credit card details into steam. 

It's not that hard to just go "Fuck im an impatient ass. This one is EA. I'm going to give it a hard pass" then just go download fortnight with the other hardcore 12 y/os for instant gratification. 

Before you imply again that Jean Lafitte is a child who uses his parents credit card number you should know two things:

1. This is where his screen name comes from: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Lafitte.  Not the sort of historical figure today’s poorly educated youth are even aware of, much less would chose as a namesake in a game.

2. I have personally spent over a month on discord with him daily when we belonged to the same company. If he’s a kid, he sounds an awful lot like a crusty middle aged fart who knows too many stories about his time in the Navy.

This is so you don’t look foolish making baseless assumptions about others just because they don’t agree with you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smash said:

Gotta love those fortnite references. Why is it an insult by the way? Lol

Millions of people play that game. I think it would be a lot more of an insult to say go back and play atlas since barely over 10k people play it 😂

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Gotta love those fortnite references. Why is it an insult by the way? Lol

Millions of people play that game. I think it would be a lot more of an insult to say go back and play atlas since barely over 10k people play it 😂

Because there is a certain mindset that associates any popular game it dislikes with 12 year olds, therefore fortnite is played by the world’s 12 year olds

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Before you imply again that Jean Lafitte is a child who uses his parents credit card number you should know two things:

1. This is where his screen name comes from: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Lafitte.  Not the sort of historical figure today’s poorly educated youth are even aware of, much less would chose as a namesake in a game.

2. I have personally spent over a month on discord with him daily when we belonged to the same company. If he’s a kid, he sounds an awful lot like a crusty middle aged fart who knows too many stories about his time in the Navy.

This is so you don’t look foolish making baseless assumptions about others just because they don’t agree with you.

The implication being that if you come and bitch about early access being everything that early access literally promises to be when it had been a concept now for nigh on a decade, then you must be either a child or mentally deficient.  In happy for people to choose the one they most identify with. 

I couldn't care less how obscure someone's screen name is, especially on the Internet. I could be called Noam Chomsky on here, it doesn't mean that I'm not spending every waking minute wondering where my baseball is. 

6 hours ago, Smash said:

The implication being that if you come and bitch about early access being everything that early access literally promises to be when it had been a concept now for nigh on a decade, then you must be either a child or mentally deficient.  In happy for people to choose the one they most identify with. 

I couldn't care less how obscure someone's screen name is, especially on the Internet. I could be called Noam Chomsky on here, it doesn't mean that I'm not spending every waking minute wondering where my baseball is. 

You forgot to add the whole "entitled millennial" rant with a side of US politics into your response.  Please do better next time.

Poindexter's theorem - Anyone trying to prove adult gravitas after having made baseless assumptions about another poster's age or other personal attributes gets an automatic fail.