Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeeDup

How to delete my account from this website?

Guest BeeDup

I looked around an could not find how to do so. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Guest BeeDup
1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Forum accounts can't be deleted by users, in fact no forum generally has that ability.

...every site I have ever been on in 30+ years has the ability to delete your account. The EU even has laws on the matter.

Just now, BeeDup said:

...every site I have ever been on in 30+ years has the ability to delete your account. The EU even has laws on the matter.

Tell me which forums you have been on that allows you to delete your account?

Guest BeeDup
Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Tell me which forums you have been on that allows you to delete your account?

Irrelevant to the topic. I don't need to draw out a list of OTHER places that let you control your own account and data. I am only concerned with this one at the moment. If you don't have the information I need then I will simply wait on an "better" / official reply (if those are even a thing on here). If you want to view that is a victory in an internet argument feel free to do so.

5 minutes ago, BeeDup said:

Irrelevant to the topic. I don't need to draw out a list of OTHER places that let you control your own account and data. I am only concerned with this one at the moment. If you don't have the information I need then I will simply wait on an "better" / official reply (if those are even a thing on here). If you want to view that is a victory in an internet argument feel free to do so.

Well the answer is you can't delete your account, as I say hardly any forum like this on the internet allows it. The best you can do is hit the report button on your post and ask for the account to be deleted by the admin if they do so.

Guest BeeDup
13 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The best you can do is hit the report button on your post and ask for the account to be deleted by the admin

I have submitted a ticket to the closest place I could find to handle this issue. I'll also drop the report. Thanks.

To put more crying on record, every time I deal with anything associated with this game, it's a hassle. It's left a rather bitter taste.

Edited by BeeDup
The reason for the edit was to edit the post.

Guest BeeDup

Following this link:

@Jerryn, would you be so kind as to add more work on some poor soul to remove my account as well?

Why even bother?  I've been on forums since pre-Internet days (Mid-80's using Prestel Gold and an 800 bud dial-up modem, lol) and I just abandon them when I am done with them.  I must have a good few hundred defunct forums by now.  😄

Guest BeeDup

Because we live in a different time now. Leaving your information lying around is not a good idea. I like to tidy up when I'm done.

Edited by BeeDup

Guest BeeDup
1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

Is your name Beedup in real life? 

Also irrelevant.

Guest BeeDup
Just now, DocHolliday said:

No need to be a jerk.  I am curious. 

Yes. That is my legal name. Satisfied?

acting like deleting any account means any damn thing and that every single bit of the forums isn't already archived 100x over and trackable is fuckin hilarious.

do you even internet bro?

• Like 1

Guest BeeDup
2 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

acting like deleting any account means any damn thing and that every single bit of the forums isn't already archived 100x over and trackable is fuckin hilarious.

do you even internet bro?

Acting like leaving your information all over the internet isn't an issue. Do you even internet bro?

1 minute ago, BeeDup said:

Acting like leaving your information all over the internet isn't an issue. Do you even internet bro?

sounds like a personal problem. once its done, there is no going back.

Guest BeeDup

You know, let me go ahead an state this to be clear on the matter:

I don't care about you fan-bois. You go on an defend whoever and whatever you want. I'm interested in relevant information or an official statement on the issue.

I dont knew any board where you cant delete your account by yourself.

Its irrelevant why he wanted to delete his account and he is right. Germany/EU have laws for this and even big non EU Companies like Google respects them.

1 hour ago, BeeDup said:

Because we live in a different time now. Leaving your information lying around is not a good idea. I like to tidy up when I'm done.

What person would be stupid enough to leave hard information scattered on forums?  Not me, that's for sure.  I don't fill profiles out, I use a "burner" email address when I join and not one shred of actual information about me is given to anyone.  Wanting to delete "information" when you quit a forum is way, way too late in the day for anyone daft enough to scatter it hither and yon - once information is out in the wild it's out there for good.  Don't hand out information in the first place.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I'm interested to know, what forums are you on where the user can delete their own account?

Can not delete what does not belong to you.