keelawhiteheart

Anyone else spend 50% in-game trying to combat bugs?

Since I logged in today these are the CONSTANT bugs I've had.

Ladders:

1. The most incredibly bugged ladders in any game I've played. [Fix? Give them a 2-3x larger "hitbox/crosshair snap point" OR just give us the option to "Climb onto ship deck" instead of these ladders, since it seems they're NEVER getting fixed or properly adjusted]

NPC's:

1. Getting stuck on ship edges and almost become a two man job to get them off or on the boat like 50% of the time you move them. [Fix? Make them teleport instantly to stations.]
  2. Get stuck in ship parts, and won't move on/off ship, unless force them onto another ship. [Fix? Make them teleport instantly to locations, unless there's ground to run on.]
  3. Appearing at one spot, is at another spot. (Noticed it when I tried to kill one out of pure frustration, that it was not even there, blood on hit box but entity somewhere else.) [Fix? Make a line of code making it impossible for NPC/CREW to collide or move where building entities like half walls are placed]

Anchor/unanchoring:

1. Sometimes you seem to be anchored, and if you try to unanchor nothing happens. [Fix? I have no idea.]

Sextant Buff:

1. Says it lasts for ~8000 seconds if you hit all stars, but then it stops working after ~6000 seconds and you can't re apply it until you wait another ~2000 seconds. [Fix? Adjust seconds accordingly to tool tip]

Icons/Mechanics:

1. The Stop Red Alert/Captain Order mechanic and icon disappeared once on ship. (Can't use 6 crew to man 12 cannons by having them running back and forth now) [Fix? Changing hotkeys should not affect in-game icons and those mechanics should not have any correlation with eachother.]

Map:

1. Since re-launch and wipe, our ISLAND is still not rotated properly according to the map. And since then there has been several tickets/bugreports, but no fix. And I've seen the map editor. Easily fixable. (Wintercier Isle, G2). [Fix? Rotate our island 90 degrees to the left]

I rage quit to write this post after my ship couldn't leave bay after having all other issues posted above. 3-4 hours of pure bugs and it's honestly getting tiresome.
Like the game, but not the easily fixed bugs that could've been hot fixed in a minute.

One of the more amusing 'bugs' was when I was meat & skin hunting with my bear...   got zerged by a group of lions, and what a scrap..  survived, bear went berserk, and killed everything when I got torn off the saddle.... so heading back to the ship, and was being attacked by an invisible snake... torpor going up, no snake... did a few swipe attacks, nothing.  The bear health was critically low, so I jumped off, and it started attacking... nothing!   in the far distance I noticed damage ticks, so ran towards it, after 30 seconds of running, saw a cobra attacking nothing, and when I tried to attack it, nothing... suddenly it died, and it said my bear had killed a level 20 cobra.   only my bear was like 300 yards back down the beach......  oh how pissed I would have been had it killed either of us!.     Now I'm afraid of rubberband snakes!

But that ladder bug, that's annoying has hell when you're being chewed by a shark for sure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most of the bugs have work around a, sometimes it’s not a game code but a hardware (graphics) issue.

The ladders since post-wipe have been buggy, I placed one ladder on each side of my ship and no longer have any issues getting on or off as long as I don’t use the emergency ladder.  

NPC’s have glitch since game launch, they have been working to make the situation better, it’s in the patch notes.

The islands not matching the maps, well this is something I would imagine is on the to-do list but with more islands being implemented this summer, I’m not sure if we will see a fix until after the next wipe.

The NPC were never meant to be used to move from one side of the ship to the other, I believe this was an exploit someone found to save gold cost on the crew members. I could be wrong but it only makes sense.

There are a lot of bugs in the game and there are patches released every week in a attempt to fix some of them.

This is a testing phase of the game, some of us found out the hard way with the 1st wipe, there is nothing stating what is fixed now will even be in the game next week.

I’m sorry that you’re letting the bugs cause you frustration but I would suggest that you should either post in the bug section of the forums or simply work on something else for a little while and come back to the stress later.

Keep in mind restarting will sometimes fix issues or sailing through region barriers will at times reset the npc crew that gets stuck. 

Nope.  Too busy enjoying the game.  With early access games (it's a paid alpha/beta) I expect there to be things that don't work properly.

2 hours ago, Andargor said:

We are paying testers, what do you expect 😄 

fixes for a game that is 3+ years old (ark)

2 hours ago, keelawhiteheart said:

Since I logged in today these are the CONSTANT bugs I've had.

Ladders:

1. The most incredibly bugged ladders in any game I've played. [Fix? Give them a 2-3x larger "hitbox/crosshair snap point" OR just give us the option to "Climb onto ship deck" instead of these ladders, since it seems they're NEVER getting fixed or properly adjusted]

NPC's:

1. Getting stuck on ship edges and almost become a two man job to get them off or on the boat like 50% of the time you move them. [Fix? Make them teleport instantly to stations.]
  2. Get stuck in ship parts, and won't move on/off ship, unless force them onto another ship. [Fix? Make them teleport instantly to locations, unless there's ground to run on.]
  3. Appearing at one spot, is at another spot. (Noticed it when I tried to kill one out of pure frustration, that it was not even there, blood on hit box but entity somewhere else.) [Fix? Make a line of code making it impossible for NPC/CREW to collide or move where building entities like half walls are placed]

Anchor/unanchoring:

1. Sometimes you seem to be anchored, and if you try to unanchor nothing happens. [Fix? I have no idea.]

Sextant Buff:

1. Says it lasts for ~8000 seconds if you hit all stars, but then it stops working after ~6000 seconds and you can't re apply it until you wait another ~2000 seconds. [Fix? Adjust seconds accordingly to tool tip]

Icons/Mechanics:

1. The Stop Red Alert/Captain Order mechanic and icon disappeared once on ship. (Can't use 6 crew to man 12 cannons by having them running back and forth now) [Fix? Changing hotkeys should not affect in-game icons and those mechanics should not have any correlation with eachother.]

Map:

1. Since re-launch and wipe, our ISLAND is still not rotated properly according to the map. And since then there has been several tickets/bugreports, but no fix. And I've seen the map editor. Easily fixable. (Wintercier Isle, G2). [Fix? Rotate our island 90 degrees to the left]

I rage quit to write this post after my ship couldn't leave bay after having all other issues posted above. 3-4 hours of pure bugs and it's honestly getting tiresome.
Like the game, but not the easily fixed bugs that could've been hot fixed in a minute.

It is in Beta aka test phase thats what the new term of Early access is. Did you do some bug reports on those  bugs ?

4 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

It is in Beta aka test phase thats what the new term of Early access is. Did you do some bug reports on those  bugs ?

This is a alpha development at best, not even close to a beta at all.   The best work around for most those bugs is to close game out, uninstall and wait a year or deal with the problems till you rage quit and uninstall anyways.  🙂

It doesn’t matter if it’s alpha, beta or full release. We have all played games that were released as a full version that was worse then this.  Cash grabs, fix it afterwards and not worry about pissing the community off. 

At least here the graphics are amazing compared to other pixelated games on the market, the developers are trying to work with the community and fix issues quickly and they do try to keep us informed with the Captains Log and patch notes.

Honestly I’ve been very impressed with the team working on this even know I’ve gave the game itself a bad rating for now. 

The game is incredible and the possibilities are limitless to what this game could become but only if it doesn’t get sunk before it gets to set sail.

Those people who jump at the chance to tell someone to quit until it comes out of EA are in the wrong and I’ve possibly done it in the past but honestly we should encourage those who are here now to stay and warn possible new players on what to expect and be fair with our warnings.

I get a really bad ladder bug near some tundra islands, after harvesting I cannot use them at all.  I have to relog to get them to work.  Otherwise it does seem you need to highlight the exact pixel to grab them.  Yet if you're standing on the side of a galleon for example, then just press grab on ladder, you grab it.. no problem.. weird.

The npc bugs seem worse around structure added to ships, I've actively reduced using structure on my ships to reduce this issue.

anchor issue I've not seen.

Sextant issue I've not seen, but then I can't even find a single star anyway.

The captains orders I didn't even know you could do this.  I've been thinking it's be handy to have a whistle to just have everyone grab a cannon or everyone unseat but end up doing it all manually, except randomly during combat my entire crew unseats.. very annoying.

Map issue is specific.

That all said I'd not say I was interacting with bugs 50% of the time, maybe 5% of the time at most.  The bugs aren't overly an issue for me.  Except the ladder bug, which can find you logging back in to a corpse and dropped bag.

Edited by Martyn

13 hours ago, Andargor said:

We are paying testers, what do you expect 😄 

Yeah paying and testers don’t go together but they managed to do it. Doesn’t make it ethical though 😂

11 hours ago, Luxfere said:

Its not ark and i dont see all the bugs some of you do...

Yes, it is ark. Smh

12 hours ago, Tobekan said:

Nope.  Too busy enjoying the game.  With early access games (it's a paid alpha/beta) I expect there to be things that don't work properly.

Can’t be enjoying it that much if you are here lol

(insert excuse here) 

You are a tester, testers suffer in silence!:classic_biggrin:

Your bear is stuck in the ship's ass - dismantle the half ship, free the bear, it's easy! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

The craziest thing for me is I drawing a map with servers (girds) that working like that:

So far I visited 56 grids and only 40 of them works smooth and 40-ping. 14 - are like in a video above. 2 - just slightly glitchy. So when I find a treasure map - I first check my map to see, if treasure is on the laggy server. I abandon alot of them : ))

(I actually HAD TO abandon my first base and move, because I built it in glitchy server).

• Sad 1