Sign in to follow this  
Tardrir

Are elephants gather bugged?

I read on the wiki that elephants should have a sweeping attack when harvest tree's. But both of the ones i tamed only tap 1 tree at a time, making wood harvesting take surprisingly long compared to say, bears rmb sweep on fibers.

This a intended change or was it always like this? 
Cheers in advance.

You can sweep by turning your camera to the side. I still think it only hits 1 tree though.

Just tested, had no idea thats how the camera worked with the attacks, cheers. Still only taps one tree though yes. sad times 😞

The straight forward attack seems to have a shorter delay and collect more that way. Since you only hit one tree anyway.

The straight front attack get a smaller aoe zone than the headswinger, but u're faster this way. Both attacks farm the same amount.

This tallies up with our findings to.  No matter how many trees are around you, you'll still pick up ~60 wood with one swing.  With camera straight you'll perform a quick narrow cone attack, but tilt the camera to either side you perform a slower wide angle swipe.  Elephant does appear unique in the fact that you'l only ever hit one tree / collect one swipe of wood per attack, and if that isn't enough, the elephant has atrocious stamina regen, whilst nuking stamina per attack as well.  One of our elephants has >2000 stamina, and it burns that for a stack of wood.