Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Going for the new shipwrecks tips ?

Does anyone have a hint on these ? As the devs refuse to grant game content to casual players (=submarine ... i am german, so i deserve a sub !😜 ), is it worth the time diving for these wrecks ?

I need a Schooner with diving suit i suppose ?

Edited by Talono

I speced in diving and swim speed that works about 60 percent of the time. The rest I die to sharks also spec 20 in fortitude  u don't get a huge amount of gold out of em though better to collect maps and do treasure if ur solo use a bear

Edited by IAmAnEasterEgg

Es lohnt sich sogar sehr! Du segelst immer mal Rum und Da solltest alle Wracks mitnehmen. Von 25...90g war alles dabei.

Bau dir ne tauchstation, Pack etwas Öl rein und ab gehts. Brauchst nicht stressen mit dem Anzug und die Fauna lässt dich in ruhe. Es sei denn du haust dem Hai auf Die Nase...

Aufwand/Ertrag lohnt sich brutal. Wie in nem anderen Thread schon geschrieben: fahr 4 grids hin-und zurück und alleine mit Wracks und Kisten haste 1000...2000g gemacht, locker!

Edit: mit Punkten in swimmspeed und Sauerstoff kannst auch ohne Anzug Wracks bergen. Einfach mit Stress und Viecher, Die dich gern haben wollen 😅

Edited by Forb Hidden

5 hours ago, IAmAnEasterEgg said:

I speced in diving and swim speed that works about 60 percent of the time. The rest I die to sharks also spec 20 in fortitude  u don't get a huge amount of gold out of em though better to collect maps and do treasure if ur solo use a bear

how are u dying to sharks when diving for wreck use a diving suit ......

Well, i will test free diving first, dont like my schooner being sunk by mega trolls while i dive down.

While free diving they can sink my raft if they absolutely want 😂

For shits and giggles I found a solo with schooner diving for a wreck.  They were some random company we have no beef with so I just pulled up next to him and said boo when he popped back up.  Sure I startled him a bit with my 20 large cannon brig.  We had a laugh and I sailed away. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

Sextant buff is your best friend, shows all the shipwrecks around and can last up to 2 hours. But other then that a dive suit and a lantern are all you really need.

The gold is better then flotsams, best we got was about 250, average is between 50 and 100. They are a great way to get gold early on.

Edited by jabnlab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only tip I can add is don't park too far away from wreck, as the cable only goes so far.. then you find you can't quite reach it.

also pick up seaweed and the odd shells for a different source of resources, which can help if you're making better gear.

I don't like the view from the diving suit.  Did they fix it?  It is unrealisticly restrictive.  I have had a real, old diving suit hard hat on, and I could see out of it just fine.  Could even turn my head and see out of the side ports just fine.

Anyway, I just spec into all of the water skills...speed, oxygen, and temperature.  Then, I take everything off my body except a bow and arrows, and free dive it.  Works just fine.  BP bows make it easier, as bows seem to be a bit less effective against sharks.  A good BP bow will make it much easier.

Well ok, free diving does not work. Its no problem in terms of oxygen and swimming speed but an issue of a dozen giant squids, killer sharks and electric eels start ganging on you with insane agro range. Even at max swim speed they just outrun (or outswim 😛) your vertical movement and hit you to death long before you ever can hope to reach the wreck.

5 hours ago, Talono said:

Well ok, free diving does not work. Its no problem in terms of oxygen and swimming speed but an issue of a dozen giant squids, killer sharks and electric eels start ganging on you with insane agro range. Even at max swim speed they just outrun (or outswim 😛) your vertical movement and hit you to death long before you ever can hope to reach the wreck.

The key is to get very good Bows.  Even with a vanilla bow I can beat off one shark, regardless of level, but when it's more than two, that becomes a problem.  Thing is, I am not seeing any sharks or other baddies at some of the sites, and at others, only one or two.  I suspect the crossbow may help with this, and they may even bring in a harpoon gun with the new patch.  Not having adequate weapons is the key.  I would use the diving suit if they didn't make me feel so claustrophobic with that unrealistically tiny view.  If you have ever put one of those diving hard hats on, you would know that you can see MUCH better than that.  From the outside, you would think that the person's view is really restricted, but from the inside, you see that the view is much better than you would think, because your eyes are so close to the glass.  Like if you have a very tiny window in a house, from the outside it appears that it doesn't offer much of a view, which is true if you are standing well away from the window, but if you are right up to it, you can see plenty.  It took me one time using the diving rig in the game to know I never wanted to use it again.

Also, we used the Ballistas to kill sharks last night.  The eels were more of a problem, but I killed them with bows.

The key with the sharks and Ballistas is that somebody has to be the bait, and lure them to the surface in front of the Ballistas.  I was usually the bait, as I am spec'd for the swimming, and am good with the bow, but I did kill one with the Ballista as it was after somebody else.  I did not get the yellow indication, but killed it just the same, with one shot.

3 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

[...]

It took me one time using the diving rig in the game to know I never wanted to use it again.

i hear as i didn't like the diving rig myself.

but they improved vision in it to some extent and to go for the treasures of sunken ships it's just THE tool.

cheap to build no creatures bothering and almost endless air depending on how much oil you got in the rig.

maybe give it another try

The real question is, why did the three whales we killed at that wreck site, not drop any gold?  Does shooting it with a bow, change that?  Nobody got an indication that we could access the inventory, and when we chopped them up, there was no satchel for us to access.  One was a low level, but one was very high, and the blue was low-medium level.  Not sure none of them allowed us to get any gold.

1 minute ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

i hear as i didn't like the diving rig myself.

but they improved vision in it to some extent and to go for the treasures of sunken ships it's just THE tool.

cheap to build no creatures bothering and almost endless air depending on how much oil you got in the rig.

maybe give it another try

We did put one on my whaling schooner, so I suppose I will try it.

IF you got 2 people, have one free dive with a bear and only oxygen perk. He'll lure all the sharks and can murder them - good source of fish meat too.

You free dive and go for the treasure, faster then doing with the diving rig. Max swim speed and max oxygen, just go down and up, if you don't get hit by sharks you generally make it.

On a side note, probably won't work in the arctic - way more cold + I hear there's whales that guard them. Want a diving rig for that.

7 hours ago, gadefence said:

IF you got 2 people, have one free dive with a bear and only oxygen perk. He'll lure all the sharks and can murder them - good source of fish meat too.

You free dive and go for the treasure, faster then doing with the diving rig. Max swim speed and max oxygen, just go down and up, if you don't get hit by sharks you generally make it.

On a side note, probably won't work in the arctic - way more cold + I hear there's whales that guard them. Want a diving rig for that.

With the water temperature perk, it works, even in polar, though you WILL take some health damage.

14 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

With the water temperature perk, it works, even in polar, though you WILL take some health damage.

I was actually more saying don't try it in the arctic due to all the mini whales guarding the wrecks.

I agree, the bunch of creatures are deadly while free diving.

I did with the diving suit. Well, around 30-50 gold for each wreck ( dont know if the 2x weekend was applied ? Was not applied to loathsomes). And some blueprints for thatch/wood/stone parts.

If you have a tame treasure hunting is better.

3 hours ago, Talono said:

I agree, the bunch of creatures are deadly while free diving.

I did with the diving suit. Well, around 30-50 gold for each wreck ( dont know if the 2x weekend was applied ? Was not applied to loathsomes). And some blueprints for thatch/wood/stone parts.

If you have a tame treasure hunting is better.

I prefer the maps.  Whaling is fun, but not as reliable for gold, in my experience.  Others may experience differently.

3 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I prefer the maps.  Whaling is fun, but not as reliable for gold, in my experience.  Others may experience differently.

So why ? I have heared that whaling is about 1500 gold for just one whale, is this correct ? I would have to dig out 12-15 treasures to get the same gold as from just one whale ?

6 hours ago, Talono said:

So why ? I have heared that whaling is about 1500 gold for just one whale, is this correct ? I would have to dig out 12-15 treasures to get the same gold as from just one whale ?

1: It's closer to 600-1200 now from what I can see, averages 900 per whale. We got about 5.5K off about 6 whales.

2: Maps are faster if you save them up. We have multiple maps that end in a purple in J9 from C11, we're doing north maps on the way there and south maps on the way back, about 9 maps with 800 to 1.5k gold in it, so in about the same time (depending on luck with whales), you get about the same gold. Whale gets you blubber, maps get you lots of blue prints.