Sign in to follow this  
JoVita

Breeding

In ark you can breed dinos easily you need to spend time next to them feeding them etc... but they dont need temperature. In atlas its hard to breed something because the tame is always cold or hot, especially when you are living on north pole. Bears are living on north pole so they need to breed there  but actually when you tame them and try to breed them you cant because you need 6 forges and 6 fireplaces. Please atlas developers do it that the babies need the temperature to 10% or 25% atleast 50% because its impossible to burn that much wood and still not achieve to get the baby. Please like and comment this Discusion so they can see it. Sorry for my bad english.

Make a breeding room and put on the wall some torches. Then put some pillars in the room, also fulfilled with torches. Place two interrupters, one for all the torches at the wall and the second for the pillar-torches. 

In this way u got three different heating-solutions. Usually it's enough to breed and manage the heat.

• Like 1

Ye but still you need to control the heat up to 100% of the growth thats a lot of time ! Especially for 10 man group

As long as the devs not decrase the breedingtime, it's not really a funny thing. U have to be awake for up to two days for an elephant. Who can do it, if you are a working person? 

It's still non-human. Stay awake for so long... Damn that game forces me to do drugs or what's the idea behind?!

• Thanks 2

Ye when you are working or student its unreal even on weekend to stay awake nonstop. They need to do something atleast with the heat its UNREAL!

I tried to breed tier 3 animals in the more temperate zones, it was 10 grills and 20 campfires to go above the required heat( it was overkill but better safe than sorry). 

I did try 3 elephants, 1 died the second day, 2 the last day, all died without any reason, they where suddenly to cold, didnt help if we did put up 5-6 more campfires around them. The last one died at 97%, 1.5-2 more hours and that one would have been fully grown.

It was 200k wood and constantly watching for nothing. 

• Sad 2

I dont mind actually, or i do but.. its alpha anyway, just a headsup atm for everyone so they dont do the same fault as me.

11 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

That's how they keep u playing Atlas 🙈

Annoying...

It drives people from the game.  They seem to think that anything that smacks of fairly easy, means it's too easy and boring.  By that reasoning, your building structures should bite you also, if you do not approach the building at just the right spot to place a new wall.  Your Ship planks should break if you do not place them on the ship when the temperature is just right.

Everyone likes to think they are a hardcore gamer, but the truth is, the majority are not.  Games made for hardcore gamers will be niche games, unless they make allowances, or even different servers for the casual gamers.  Want proof of this?  I suggested that one reason Megas and smaller companies need separate servers, is because the rates need to be different for both.  Smaller companies need rates that take into account that they won't have dedicated whalers, or treasure hunters.  So what was one of the responses?  An accurate response, by the way.  If the rates are easier on the small company server, the megas will go there.  Is this really news?  The Megas don't want a server just for Megas.  That is too hard core.  Better to have the small companies to feed on.

Vitamins were a hard core element to the food system.  But what do people do?  Stand in fires.  The reality is that most people don't have more than a few hours per day, at most, to dedicate to this game.  I don't understand why this is so lost on the Devs.  Why is it so hard to come up with a breeding system that does not require you to be on all day long, and on multiple days?  If we were to translate their mentality to building a ship, it would work like this.  The materials would decay, and planks placed on a ship would decay, if no activity was done on the ship every three hours.  The ship would need to be built in stages that took place at timed intervals, and if you missed an interval, your ship would suck.  You would have to be online to build that ship for two days straight.  Would anyone build ships?  Not many.  So why is it so hard to understand that with as important as tames are in this game, that it makes no sense to penalize people who have a life outside the game?

• Thanks 1