Dragonchampion

Does anyone think that the islands that are meant for between 1-5 players are a bit too expensive? Does anyone have some gold-gathering tips?

10 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Ehhhhh what? System works. System is good. Dont know what your problem is xD

I don’t have a problem. You are laughing now, I’ll go ahead and laugh later. I don’t care if you think the is good. I see the numbers dropping again. 

Guess what happens next. They make a change to bring people back right? Why do you think the claim change started in the first place? Lol(guess I am laughing already) that was to bring people back. It didn’t. It brought back 50% of the people that left after the wipe was announced. But hey sure, people will rejoice in the fact that there are a total of 8k people on 4 clusters, and to be honest that really is a win compared to what it was.

all I am saying is don’t get you to the system that “works”. You are in for a rude awakening man. A very quick realization is coming once again. Stay tuned 👍

8 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

Thanks for the welcome back! And thanks for the advice, too. We have cooking herbs, rhinos, and giraffes, so that's what I've been trying to push for the advertisements.

Do you guys do green maps? What boats do you use? Any advice?

Grab all Treasure maps that you could find. When there is a really good one, you should sail to the grid and took all treasure maps with you which you can collect on the way. Everytime you reach an island, check there for treasure maps as well + harvest some ressources for blueprints.

With this way you can do a lot of gold, lot of bps, lot of ressources for good bps. 

But believe when i say, that trading is more gold and less time, when you find your own way and your own idea.

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

I don’t have a problem. You are laughing now, I’ll go ahead and laugh later. I don’t care if you think the is good. I see the numbers dropping again. 

Guess what happens next. They make a change to bring people back right? Why do you think the claim change started in the first place? Lol(guess I am laughing already) that was to bring people back. It didn’t. It brought back 50% of the people that left after the wipe was announced. But hey sure, people will rejoice in the fact that there are a total of 8k people on 4 clusters, and to be honest that really is a win compared to what it was.

all I am saying is don’t get you to the system that “works”. You are in for a rude awakening man. A very quick realization is coming once again. Stay tuned 👍

Since release in December 2018 just negative comments about ATLAS and when i remember right you didnt play it because waiting of xbox version?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Since release in December 2018 just negative comments about ATLAS and when i remember right you didnt play it because waiting of xbox version?

Yeah you must have been gone awhile. It’s all good though, people like to go for the easy win. But no, I have said multiple things that were very positive towards the devs in the last month. I don’t hate stupid people.

and yep lol. I am waiting for Xbox release. Time to start dealing with that too.

Its ok man. Guess it is just the year for realizations. They are coming. 👍

20 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

Well, thanks Willard, but we feel that people of 5 or so size should have their own territory. Your island does sound tempting but the problem is, we're builders and designers. We don't want to build on an island where all our stuff can be wiped on the whims of an overlord.

Therefore, online will fall!

The developer will not understand that the new player wants to immediately his place without 200 gold in his pocket!

A landlord can carry a building 24 hours in a weapon, it is meaningless. There was a good come new evil!

Why does the ATLAS boss think that programmers in other games are stupid?

Everywhere, for example LIF, a beginner is given a personal small piece.

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Sorry man. You said join bigger company. Kind of sucks that you are part of my crusade now. 10 man companies are what will happen.

that or the death of the game anyways. Sad to see the Megas and wannabe Megas ruin this game so much.

dont worry though. Changes are coming 

One who speaks of how the game should be without ever playing the game is unable to give an opinion that should be valued by anyone, including yourself.

Sorry but buy the game and experience the mechanics before you try to say how things should be.

Further more, it is a company game. Did you catch the word "company". Not a squad, not a clan, not a group, a "company" game. What is the goal of most companies? To gain wealth, power and influence. 

So no, 5 people shouldn't control an island. Is it doable, yes. Would joining a bigger company make life easier in this game. Most definitely.

Edited by Bandit_Black
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bandit_Black said:

Would joining a bigger company make life easier in this game. Most definitely.

Sorry, did you read reviews of former clan members?

They always go away! all the time mine, mine, mine...

This is a game. I want to be a captain, a hunter, an artist!

I mine in real life, in the game I have to have fun!

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Yeah you must have been gone awhile. It’s all good though, people like to go for the easy win. But no, I have said multiple things that were very positive towards the devs in the last month. I don’t hate stupid people.

and yep lol. I am waiting for Xbox release. Time to start dealing with that too.

Its ok man. Guess it is just the year for realizations. They are coming. 👍

You NEVER played this game, but you post all the time negative things. Without words 😄

• Like 1

The landlord system is working perfect for me. Is it working in general for the game? Well that answer is not so clear cut. Can't just go by player numbers at this stage as it's still too early.

I've never had an interest in being a landlord and I had no interest in being on Lawless, but I never felt forced to join a settlement. I started on the island I am on right now, and started there before someone claimed it. My first thought was if I get some structures down before someone claims it in the next day I should be good, as it's a 53 point island I think so no-one would claim it immediately. During my first day I placed down a little box hut to get a bed etc. Realised it was placed in a bad Cobra spot (didn't realise at the time resource and animal spawns were same as Lawless due to homeport setting), so demolished my base and moved along the beach to where I now live. Of course doing that meant all my structures timers had reset to the point where when the island was claimed most of it was under 12 hours... I didn't give it a second thought.

The owner was pleasant and I had no problems with them. They then unclaimed and left the server to join the newly opened NA PvE server. A few days later I get a new island owner. Have had no problems with them at all, they've also been very pleasant.

I don't get taxed, even though PvE don't lose resources (besides gold) they still have tax set at 10% not 20%. Not had a single structure demo'd. Not given a second thought to placing down structures.

Long story short.... many people live on lawless because they refuse to be a tenant because they have already written off the community as bad apples, which is in fact the complete opposite. The landlord system is not bad, but many people don't even give it a chance. So the system itself is not failing, it is the players that are failing the system.

Signing off, one happy tenant/

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The landlord system is working perfect for me.

Better for us. We know a lot. Why are we writing here? We want to help the game, we help beginners.

The old problem remained. 

A new player does not have his land in ATLAS!

Developer must write at the top!

Buy a game similar to life! You will live by the will of the landowner! You will work for the clan! If ready - welcome!

Edited by Konvar

Use the sextant buff to find shipwrecks, we got 1500 gold in just a few hours farming shipwrecks and doing a couple local maps. The buff can last up to 2 hours and shows all shipwrecks near you.

Edited by jabnlab

Total:

1. Buy sloop in freeport. Swim to collect chests. 

Several people can earn at the beginning (no longer relevant).

2. Collect treasure with maps. (learn how to tame, tonnari, shipbuilding, construction, tame bear)

You can kill the guards without bears if several players come.

(collect adjacent maps on your island, collect maps of your island nearby)

3. Shipwreck chests. 

Learn diving, sextant, take the oil, a flashlight.

(Sometimes there is no way to the chest, sometimes you can get stuck, you must be able to die).

4. The ships of the damned - are understandable.

5. The best way! You capture the best island, everything floats to visit you, they collect prey.

You do not do anything, put a tax of 20%, over the weekend you have 500-1000 gold! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Konvar

On 4/25/2019 at 11:04 AM, Willard said:

Why do you think small companies of 1-5 should own an island? Whole idea of landlord/tenants, taxes and upkeep would be for nothing if everyone should have the island.

Try bigger companies islands or just rich on resources islands. Settle there, pay taxes. You won't have to care about upkeep which will free you hands a bit, you will be protected

Well for starters (for PvE) so they are save from some random idiot who claims the island and demolishes everything in sight, just because they can. And currently, everytime the ownership changes the new "landlord" can again demolish all your stuff. The whole tax/claim system shouldnt have been impemented for PvE in the first place, but hey.

4 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I don't get taxed, even though PvE don't lose resources (besides gold) they still have tax set at 10% not 20%. Not had a single structure demo'd. Not given a second thought to placing down structures.

Long story short.... many people live on lawless because they refuse to be a tenant because they have already written off the community as bad apples, which is in fact the complete opposite. The landlord system is not bad, but many people don't even give it a chance. So the system itself is not failing, it is the players that are failing the system.

Signing off, one happy tenant/

Thats nice, and we treat our Settlers the same way. Never the less, once your current landlord quits, the new landlord will again be able to demolish everything for a short period of time. This needs to ne changed asap. Once your structures are save from once owner, a change in ownership shouldnt enable them to demo it again. Until this is fixed we are doomed to farm gold to pay for an island. And with all the bugs its getting very annoying.

Not sure the difficulty in gold farming. My playtime during the week is limited but when im bored i use the sextant and farm a few hundred gold per hour from shipwrecks. Also whaling is extremely easy. When we have our group 3-4 people, we do some maps or SOTD.

Treasure maps tame a few bears im solo and up to 10k gold in no time, seriously i have a few in my company but we play at different times. Bears are some of the best for doing treasure maps. Beef up the HP and get the heal and attack buff helps 

Edited by Luxfere

I have a group that has a large island, only 6 of us regularly play. But theres lots of room to build and use if you wanna have your own area

We would love settlers.. helps us and its easier on you

Were in C11

Lower right corner

Entire north end of island and east side is open

I'm not sure why everyone doesn't want to be a settler. We own an island and would love to have some settlers. We have a 10% tax rate, but no one other than some allies do anything on our island. We have a grid alliance spanning a few grids, so it's very safe too. NA PvP if anyone is interested.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:21 AM, Dragonchampion said:

2 hours ago, Grongash said:

Well for starters (for PvE) so they are save from some random idiot who claims the island and demolishes everything in sight, just because they can. And currently, everytime the ownership changes the new "landlord" can again demolish all your stuff. The whole tax/claim system shouldnt have been impemented for PvE in the first place, but hey.

Not everyone does this,settlers help the landowner.

Aslong as resources arent  blocked buildings would be safe.

Its the guys that build walls around resources and spam foundations that stop resource spawns that get deleted.

Settlers should talk with landowners and have a agreement, that way everyone is on same page...

C11 Booty Bay is open to respectful settlers

you know i had a post prepared that the points are to low

2.5 points are to low

3 or 3.5 points per member is better, to take the bigger islands.

and the gold span is to high 3k gold a day is too high even for megatribes 1,5 k for biggest maybe ok, the smaller ones are ok in upkeep

but i did not post it because i was thinking we can test on the PTR but yeah ... the system was buggy on PTR, you could claim 122 points islands as solo company... then it was reverted in a patch and you lost it

but next day the server did go live so could not test sh.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:47 AM, Dragonchampion said:

Me and my 3 friends just got a decent-sized (35 points) island. I know about the settler system, but since the island is in the desert, no one wants to live there, so we're paying 200g (more tan the average green map per day) and we're having trouble with paying it. Does anyone have any advice? How do you guys get the gold and then get a backlog so you can focus on construction and taming instead of every day being a rush for maps, and then 2-3 hours to sail to do them and get back?

I know this may sound taxingly obvious, but, who of you go hunting gold?   We're a band of 3 at the moment to, and we try to sync up on green maps.  I keep finding between 300 to 600 gold maps everywhere.. so I can see the 200g fee a bit steep.   If you can do what we do....

One person sails off to the map location, calls out to everyone else...  when ready, everyone just idles with you whilst you kill the skellies, and when you pick up the treasure EVERYONE will duplicate that gold find.  So, solo, your gold will be 350g, with your two friends taking a couple of minutes out of their schedule and popping over via the bed in the ship can come with you to the treasure, and they will each get 350g...  that's 1050g, they can give you the gold, and sod off back in to the bed either and carry on what they're doing.   Do that a few times with green maps in and around the same area and well, you'll end up with ~3000g  minimal effort on their part, and you get 3x more.

If you're all in the same company, it makes sense.

31 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

I know this may sound taxingly obvious, but, who of you go hunting gold?   We're a band of 3 at the moment to, and we try to sync up on green maps.  I keep finding between 300 to 600 gold maps everywhere.. so I can see the 200g fee a bit steep.   If you can do what we do....

One person sails off to the map location, calls out to everyone else...  when ready, everyone just idles with you whilst you kill the skellies, and when you pick up the treasure EVERYONE will duplicate that gold find.  So, solo, your gold will be 350g, with your two friends taking a couple of minutes out of their schedule and popping over via the bed in the ship can come with you to the treasure, and they will each get 350g...  that's 1050g, they can give you the gold, and sod off back in to the bed either and carry on what they're doing.   Do that a few times with green maps in and around the same area and well, you'll end up with ~3000g  minimal effort on their part, and you get 3x more.

If you're all in the same company, it makes sense.

Well, it splits the gold between people present. So your argument is invalid.

1: Do all maps 250+ if you're out.
2: Do green maps 500~+ when you're not out.
3: While sailing, use grappling hooks to pick up floatsam.
4: Do sunken wrecks - 100~ gold and can find 4-5 in an area at times.
5: Go whailing. Whales drop like 900 gold per.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gadefence said:

1: Do all maps 250+ if you're out.
2: Do green maps 500~+ when you're not out.
3: While sailing, use grappling hooks to pick up floatsam.
4: Do sunken wrecks - 100~ gold and can find 4-5 in an area at times.
5: Go whailing. Whales drop like 900 gold per.

FINALLY someone gives me a detailed, informative list. I got bits and pieces from posts, but it's kinda sad when it's two pages of mostly people telling me I'm bad for owning an island, or telling me I should move in with them.

I only wish I could give you more "Thanks" reactions.

On 4/26/2019 at 3:11 AM, Realist said:

I established my opinion as far as the new claim system goes awhile ago. You have also known I prefer the build anywhere style because I have said that multiple times before. How am I trolling because I gave my opinion?

you really need to stop using that word, because you are not using it correctly.

nothing in my post was joking, insulting, or trying to get a rise out of anyone.

If there’s a mechanic in the game that was one of their standing points in this whole circus around 1,5 is not affecting the gameplay in any way and you say ‘It needs to be nerfed drastically’ it looks to me if it was either a joke another troll-action. You choose. 

Edited by Percieval

On 4/26/2019 at 6:02 AM, Puppies4ever said:

System actually works. I see islands where owners hold them since release and i saw islands where the owners changed from 3-4 days. I see islands, which are still unclaimed. The idea was, that everybody can get a piece of land and actually this is the case. You can life in peace and harmony together on a island 🙂

Pretty sure that most people get the upkeep from treasure maps. Maybe this system needs a look.

Treasure map is fine in my opinion, and yes it is working but for the better of the large groups what was not the intention of this whole system. Small groups like OP (so definitely solo guys) have a hard time getting the gold (which can only be explained to no treasure runs done so far), but that wasn’t what was suppose to happen. It was to ‘hit’ the large groups in their money pockets, but they are still lauging at the cost of max points, and the small groups are having troubles.. kinda the world upside down 

• Like 1